How do I contact Lt. Gov's office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I contact Lt. Gov's office?

I'm all set to move to the Big Island next month. I'm having a custom built house made down in HPP on an acre of land, not far from the beach. 3rd Ave. to be exact. Everything seemed perfect. Everybody would say,"Oh, you moving Big Island, such a great place to raise kids". So I was thinking it's the perfect move, at the perfect time. My main concern about the move from Honolulu to Puna was my kids education. So everything seemed wonderful until I saw this article:<http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2006/12/15/local_news/local01.txt> It broke my heart! I felt for poor Vincent, and then the pain turned towards my son. My son who doesn't realize what he's gonna be walking into. Well, I have the power and ability to not be apathetic about this situation. Kea'au middle school had over two hundred cases of violence this year, that's about 100 assaults more than any high school on the Big Island too! But the numbers are unexceptable!

Our Lt. Gov use to be a State Judge. I wanna contact him and get him involved. Principle should have been fired long time ago from Kea'au middle school and all bullies should be expelled from the district. A one to five day suspension is a joke! The Bully only stays home and plays playstation and learns nothing from the mishap he's created!
    Last edited by helen; December 19, 2006, 06:53 AM. Reason: put in the link to the article

Re: How do I contact Lt. Gov's office?

http://www.hawaii.gov/ltgov/contact
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
      My son who doesn't realize what he's gonna be walking into. Well, I have the power and ability to not be apathetic about this situation. Kea'au middle school had over two hundred cases of violence this year, that's about 100 assaults more than any high school on the Big Island too! But the numbers are unexceptable!

Our Lt. Gov use to be a State Judge. I wanna contact him and get him involved. Principle should have been fired long time ago from Kea'au middle school and all bullies should be expelled from the district. A one to five day suspension is a joke! The Bully only stays home and plays playstation and learns nothing from the mishap he's created!
      Good luck with that. Unfortunately, even if the bullies are expelled from the schools, many of them will still reside in the neighborhood.

Enroll your son in a good martial arts class if you plan on sending him to one of the schools in Puna (public, charter, or otherwise). Ironically, Pāhoa High School is known as "the home of the daggers", while Kea'au High School should probably be known as "the home of the brass knuckles."
      Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
        Good luck with that. Unfortunately, even if the bullies are expelled from the schools, many of them will still reside in the neighborhood.

Enroll your son in a good martial arts class if you plan on sending him to one of the schools in Puna (public, charter, or otherwise). Ironically, P?hoa High School is known as "the home of the daggers", while Kea'au High School should probably be known as "the home of the brass knuckles."
        Jonah, I have actually heard good things about the Charter schools in and around Puna. Hey, if worse come to worse....home schooling will be an option!

Comment

Jonah, I have actually heard good things about the Charter schools in and around Puna. Hey, if worse come to worse....home schooling will be an option!
          Beachboy... you hear about this?
          The charter school went into lock-down under their crisis plan. Within minutes, four trucks full of students pulled up in front of the school, which is housed in the Girl Scout Council building in Keaau....
          Teachers were punched and knocked to the ground, while students were attacked.
          http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story....4-13712a73408c

It's not the schools...it's kids and the way they are being raised by their parents!

Comment

there are several good charter schools in the Puna area. There is also Christian Liberty in Kea'au town, not too far from where you will be moving. How old are your kids?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              Beachboy... you hear about this?

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story....4-13712a73408c

It's not the schools...it's kids and the way they are being raised by their parents!
              I was going to mention what happened last March at the Waters of Life Charter School; however, an account from an English instructor that was terrorized by some of the Kea'au High School students is more compelling.

In all fairness, some of the kids at Kea'au High School (and elsewhere) aren't necessarily being raised by caring parents. Unfortunately, drugs, domestic violence, broken families, etc. are still somewhat prevalent in many parts of Puna and the problems in the schools are a reflection of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                there are several good charter schools in the Puna area. There is also Christian Liberty in Kea'au town, not too far from where you will be moving. How old are your kids?
                I have one 8 year old of school age right now. But I also have an infant child too. Why are there so many Charter schools in East Hawaii?

How long would the drive be from HPP to Volcano? I'm actually thinking of putting him in Volcano School.

Comment

I was going to mention what happened last March at the Waters of Life Charter School; however, an account from an English instructor that was terrorized by some of the Kea'au High School students is more compelling.

In all fairness, some of the kids at Kea'au High School (and elsewhere) aren't necessarily being raised by caring parents. Unfortunately, drugs, domestic violence, broken families, etc. are still somewhat prevalent in many parts of Puna and the problems in the schools are a reflection of that.
                  what ever became of this situation with Kea'au High Students, and the Charter School. Was there any closure on the matter?

Comment

I'm not gonna let some violence change my mind set for Puna. Besides, I have some violence in my jacket too. But this is where a problem could start too. All my violence in recent years stems from things that happend to my then 3 year old son. Neighbor's kid once ran my son over on his bike. I had warned the neighbor's kid before, "hit my son again with your bike, and I kill your Dad"! A bit extreme but to the point. After the kid charged home telling his dad to watch out that I'd be gunning for him. The father came and looked for me....big mistake!!! I was on that Dad like 'White on Rice'. But I felt bad because the kid saw me humiliate the father, and that's wrong ,and it's also counter productive.

So, some of the reasons I'm moving to HPP is because Hawaii offers affordable housing. It's a chance to leave something( land & house) for my family too. But coming to Big Island I also thought I'd be leaving my violent past behind.

"Kill Haole Day", damn, on Oahu that hasn't been done for close to thirty years. Nor is there "Slap a Jap Day", or "Choke a Moke Day" either. As a matter of fact you're hard pressed to find either "Mokes" or "Titas" these days on Oahu....that's a thing of the past.

Comment

As a matter of fact you're hard pressed to find either "Mokes" or "Titas" these days on Oahu....that's a thing of the past.
                      I confess to not knowing how they may have been in the past but I see their contemporary equivalent on "Dog" regularly. I find the whole situation shameful. Shame on those parents. Maybe a special boot camp in Alaska for these wayward youths would be in order. A little time to cool out.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                        I confess to not knowing how they may have been in the past but I see their contemporary equivalent on "Dog" regularly. I find the whole situation shameful. Shame on those parents. Maybe a special boot camp in Alaska for these wayward youths would be in order. A little time to cool out.
                        you see "watered down" versions on "dog". If it was the old days Dog would be offering cigarettes to his "marks",...he'd be watching out for his life instead! Now days Hawaii, especially Honolulu is a lot tamer..

Comment

what ever became of this situation with Kea'au High Students, and the Charter School. Was there any closure on the matter?
                          It was pretty much "swept under the rug" and I think that the Waters of Life Charter School closed down.

I'm not gonna let some violence change my mind set for Puna. Besides, I have some violence in my jacket too. But this is where a problem could start too. All my violence in recent years stems from things that happend to my then 3 year old son. Neighbor's kid once ran my son over on his bike. I had warned the neighbor's kid before, "hit my son again with your bike, and I kill your Dad"! A bit extreme but to the point. After the kid charged home telling his dad to watch out that I'd be gunning for him. The father came and looked for me....big mistake!!! I was on that Dad like 'White on Rice'. But I felt bad because the kid saw me humiliate the father, and that's wrong ,and it's also counter productive.

So, some of the reasons I'm moving to HPP is because Hawaii offers affordable housing. It's a chance to leave something( land & house) for my family too. But coming to Big Island I also thought I'd be leaving my violent past behind.

"Kill Haole Day", damn, on Oahu that hasn't been done for close to thirty years. Nor is there "Slap a Jap Day", or "Choke a Moke Day" either. As a matter of fact you're hard pressed to find either "Mokes" or "Titas" these days on Oahu....that's a thing of the past.
                          Hopefully, you and your kids will be able to avoid resorting to violence while living in Puna. The legal system is usually a much better avenue for settling most disputes; however, there are always a few folks that don't know any better. The last time I used violence to settle a dispute was when I was 8 years old and discovered that a baseball bat was quite useful for bashing in the head of a neighborhood bully. After my folks graciously offered to pay for the bully's medical bills, he ended up becoming one of my best friends.

Comment

It was pretty much "swept under the rug" and I think that the Waters of Life Charter School closed down.

Hopefully, you and your kids will be able to avoid resorting to violence while living in Puna. The legal system is usually a much better avenue for settling most disputes; however, there are always a few folks that don't know any better.
                            Where's the legal system for the charter school? Whether he and his kids can avoid resorting to violence is unlikely to be left entirely up to them unless it comes at the expense of their self respect. Do you think your bully would have become your friend if you hadn't clobbered him?

"Violence never solved anything" is the dumbest saying I've ever heard.
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                              Where's the legal system for the charter school? Whether he and his kids can avoid resorting to violence is unlikely to be left entirely up to them unless it comes at the expense of their self respect. Do you think your bully would have become your friend if you hadn't clobbered him?

"Violence never solved anything" is the dumbest saying I've ever heard.
                              Well, the Waters of Life Charter School had some other problems, and the actions of the Kea'au High School students was the final "straw that broke the camel's back."

As for the bully becoming my friend, parental involvement on both sides led to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X