Your resource guide to the city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your resource guide to the city

If you're new to the island, or even just want to stay in touch, HONOLULU Magazine is a great resource. They publish a restaurant guide every August a Best of the city piece in March, special inserts that highlight Kailua, Hawaii's private schools, hawaii's farm resources, a photo contest and so much more.

In 2007, HONOLULU will be publishing a list of the best dentists (February) and best lawyers (July), which is always helpful information to have.

In January, you can find out more on the 2007 Hale Aina Award winning restaurants, celebrated for their achievement in dining excellence! You can even take a sneak peek now at who won what and see pictures from the awards celebration in November!

Check out HONOLULU Magazine today!

Re: Your resource guide to the city

Ack!

The girl on the cover is an old friend from HS! I'd recognize that face anywhere!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Wow, good times. That's my favorite cover by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
        Ack!

The girl on the cover is an old friend from HS! I'd recognize that face anywhere!
        Who is that? Stephanie?

And PacBasin: What do you think of the other publications that put out similar efforts proclaiming the best and worst of this and that in Hawaii? Because I'm thinking you're an unbiased third party as you don't say that at Honolulu Magazine "WE" put out a great publication. So you must have an opinion regarding the other publications. You've given me the impression that you are someone who wants us to know how you appreciate great journalism.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Honestly, I haven't been very impressed with many of the other lists. If you ask me more specifically what you have in mind, i can give you a more accurate answer, but I really like HONOLULU's best of since it gives you a lot of info you can use.

I do appreciate great journalism, though, I think beyond that it should have some practical use for the readers, and the lists that HONOLULU and Hawaii Business and Hawaii Home + Remodeling put out have that. A list like the Hale Aina Award winners is great, because it gives me a practical measure and goal on something I am interested in. I can say in the next year I want to go to at least all three winners in the Best Indian category and see if they're all that or not. And if they're not and I care about it, I make sure I vote for something else next year.

Now I am not a writer, I plan events and promote (obviously). And I am posting this, not part of my job, but like I told you in PM, as something I do in my spare time since I do enjoy working hard for our publications and believe in the information that is in there. Take what I post for what it is. I'm just allowing you an opportunity to collect more information and make the decision for yourself. OK?

Comment

Working...
          X