In-studio Performance Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-studio Performance Series

I don't have cable t.v., nor do I have satellite radio, so I might be one of the last folks around to discover an in-studio performance series called "Stripped." I came upon a website last night that has all of the video & audio-only performances. Really awesome to get to hear some of my faves such as Anthony Hamilton and Gavin Degraw (especially "Chariot" and "A Song for You").

Any of these performances you guys especially like?
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Re: In-studio Performance Series

Thanks for that link!

There are just way too many artists I like on that list to list here...

The site made me wish VH1 would start making Storytellers again. Same goes with MTV's Unplugged. Some of the best music I've heard in my life I heard on MTV's Unplugged.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Wow. That's pretty cool. For a Clear Channel project. Chris Cornell does Bob Marley's "Redemption Song." Nelly Furtado joins the legion of folks who've covered Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy." Jewel, Carrie Underwood, Fall Out Boy, Rob Thomas, Sarah McLachlan...

Whew. Going to be busy tonight, after all.

Comment

Thanks again, U'ilani, for pointing this out. Collected several of the tracks' streams. Natasha Bedingfield's "The Scientist," Audioslave's "Like A Stone," Rob Thomas' "Borderline" (yes, the Madonna song)... all in high rotation these last couple of days.

The Audioslave (Chris Cornell) set is particularly enjoyable. I think the Sarah McLachlan track from her Christmas album, "Happy XMas (War Is Over)" is the weakest link.

Comment

Great performances. Thanks, U`i. Pz, what are you saving the streams with?
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

AOL Music Sessions has something similar going on called Under Cover, where up-and-coming bands do stripped-down cover songs.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              Pz, what are you saving the streams with?
              Audio Hijack Pro. Sound quality is only as good as what's coming down the pipe, but lots of places stream higher bitrates than they really need to, and sometimes it's just about the only way to save something online (i.e. an internet radio stream). Ideally, of course, a high-quality sanctioned track will eventually be made available for purchase.

Comment

Working...
              X