Iraq War pollution reaching Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq War pollution reaching Hawaii

I've heard from a few different credible sources that the pollution from all the munitions in the Iraq War goes up into the jet stream and reaches Hawaii. Has anyone heard the same thing? Aloha.

Re: Iraq War pollution reaching Hawaii

Haven't heard anything but even if indeed munitions in the Iraq war is contributing pollution, it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the stuff we release into the air daily from factories and automobiles.

Comment

A lot of the airborne dust pollution in Hawaiʻi originates from dust storms in China, so it's not unreasonable that we might get stuff all the way from Iraq. Whether it's enough to actually cause problems here, well, that's a different question.

Comment

No I haven't. However I don't know what is the concern all about?

Is there something different about the munitions discharge from Iraq vs munitions discharge from any other place?

Or is there a special jet stream current that starts in Iraq and ends up close to Hawaii?

Comment

Perhaps you are referring to the depleted uranium munitions that are being used (illegally) in Iraq by the US and the cluster bombs used by the Israelis (manufactured by the US) that also contained depleted uranium? Yes, it is posing a substantial health risk to the native populations and to our troops who are breathing in that stuff. Plus the jetstream is probably carrying some of it all over the world right now.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

miu, that's a pretty shocking article. i had no idea...
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
            X