Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Chef?

Anyone watching Top Chef? I can't wait for the "new" season (they seem to take a Christmas break) and part B of the series. The finale is supposed to take place in Hawaii, although that has probably already been taped.

My money is on Sam to win, but I think Elia and Ilan will give him a run for the money. Sam is leagues ahead of most in terms of professionalism and skill. He's also pretty segsy, lol.

Blessings*

Barb
    Last edited by Terranova0; December 31, 2006, 04:57 AM. Reason: add links

Re: Top Chef?

I've been watching Top Chef and Wednesday night's episode took place at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island. The guest judge was Alan Wong, and he treated the final 4 contestants to a traditional Hawaiian meal.

Later, in celebration of Alan Wong's birthday, each chef had to prepare 2 traditional Hawaiian dishes and put their own twist on it. Mediterranean-style poke, pineapple poi and fried haupia with saffron were a few of the dishes served.

Photos and recipes are here.

Comment

Anyone else notice that in the scene in Waipio Valley they said that they were going to have a traditional Hawaiian blessing -- altho' they didn't show any of it -- the next shot at the table showed Kumu Hula Leialoha Amina in a kihei and lei po'o. I'm assuming that she did the blessing. I wish they had shown that since they seemed to be trying to put some traditional Hawaiian elements in this episode. Oh well, at least she had a quick moment of screen time!

Comment

I thought they showcased Hawaiian food pretty well. Made me hungry
        As far as who the winner will be......well I'm not exactly thrilled with the two that are left. I really thought Sam would be there instead of Marcel. I'm hoping Ilan wins but the judges seem to like Marcels food. I think Roy Yamaguchi will be judging the final. We'll see tomorrow night!

Comment

Fans of season three contestant Dale Levitski, might catch him working on a real world "challenge" at Hank's Haute Dogs next week. Details here.
          Last edited by glossyp; September 8, 2007, 11:34 AM. Reason: Add link to Hank's

Comment

Working...
          X