Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Got Lyrics for "Rhythm of the Ocean" by the Hawaiian Style Band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Got Lyrics for "Rhythm of the Ocean" by the Hawaiian Style Band?

Aloha, I was just wondering if anyone could send me the lyrics to "Rhythm of the Ocean." Mahalo!
    'Alika

Re: Anyone Got Lyrics for "Rhythm of the Ocean" by the Hawaiian Style Band?

Alex honey, your exposure to Hawaiian music is very much a certain era, one that I fondly call "Hawaiian muzak lite 90's". Who else do you listen to that isn't Robi, Keli'i, and the HSB?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
      Aloha, I was just wondering if anyone could send me the lyrics to "Rhythm of the Ocean." Mahalo!
      Hear ya go...
      Last edited by Jonah K; January 1, 2007, 11:14 AM. Reason: Legal mumbo-jumbo
      Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Just a note from the music biz side of me --- if you can fulfill a request like this, it's best to do it in a PM. Publishers are notorious for slapping websites that put up lyrics without permission (and since Ryan's on vacation...)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Just a note from the music biz side of me --- if you can fulfill a request like this, it's best to do it in a PM. Publishers are notorious for slapping websites that put up lyrics without permission (and since Ryan's on vacation...)
          It's better to be safe than sorry.

Of course, it's easy to get lyrics to most songs at websites like www.lyrics.com, www.lyric.net, etc. It's worth noting that folks that purchase the Hawaiian Style Band's "Rhythm of the Ocean" (and other works) via iTunes don't get the liner notes and lyrics that owners of the CD receive.
          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
            It's better to be safe than sorry.
            Of course, it's easy to get lyrics to most songs at websites like www.lyrics.com, www.lyric.net, etc.
            Thanks, Jonah.
            Another word of advice to folks who visit those websites: use a browser other than IE. Those sites are common harbors for website-based viruses, almost always designed to attack IE.

Comment

Here is a site that has a lot of lyrics to local and Hawaiian songs both older and newer.

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/

Comment

As a child, I used to play all day in the rain
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  Alex honey, your exposure to Hawaiian music is very much a certain era, one that I fondly call "Hawaiian muzak lite 90's". Who else do you listen to that isn't Robi, Keli'i, and the HSB?
                  I listen to Raiatea Helm, Natalie Ai Kamauu, Leilani Rivera Bond, the Brothers Cazimero, Ho'okena, the Makaha Sons, Na Palapalai, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Kaukahi, Aaron Sala, Keali'i Blaisdell, and many others.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  I understand. Will do next time. Mahalo.
                  'Alika

Comment

Working...
                  X