Island Rumors Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island Rumors Band

According to Tom Moffatt, the new band (whose name is the title of this thread) consists of Willie K, Eric Gilliom, Lopaka Colon, Raiatea Helm, Rick Vito... and Maui resident Mick Fleetwood.
    This I've gotta see!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Island Rumors Band

Source?

I know that Raiatea's working on a Jazz album (listen to a sneak peek here) so I wonder why she'd take part in this band, especially since she's clearly making a name for herself on her own.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      [...]I wonder why she'd take part in this band, especially since she's clearly making a name for herself on her own.
      Working with Mick Fleetwood might have something to do with it!

Comment

A fitting name for the band... so far.

Comment

Source?
          I started my post by saying "According to Tom Moffatt,". Didn't that answer your question? Or are you asking who Tom Moffatt's source was?

I know that Raiatea's working on a Jazz album (listen to a sneak peek here) so I wonder why she'd take part in this band, especially since she's clearly making a name for herself on her own.
          It sounds to me like the Island Rumors Band will be, like many other bands, just a part-time special occasion kind of thing, so why not participate in it? Good fun, lots of publicity, a little extra income, more on-stage experience... makes sense to me.

Comment

Source?
            I received the same info in a press release a couple weeks ago, from Brian Kohne, publicist for Barefoot Natives. (If I hadn't already deleted it, I would copy it here. Sorry, LL.)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              I started my post by saying "According to Tom Moffatt,". Didn't that answer your question? Or are you asking who Tom Moffatt's source was?
              I was asking if there was any article or more information about it online.

That's all.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

LL - if you'll drop me a message with a fax number, I can bring the press release back into work tomorrow (I have it printed out at home) and fax it to you. Or I can give you Brian's e-mail address or phone number, if you'd rather.

Comment

Never mind the above; I got it from another source:
                  MICK FLEETWOOD'S NEW "ISLAND RUMOURS" BAND FEATURES THE BAREFOOT NATIVES

OTHER MEMBERS INCLUDE RAIATEA HELM AND PERCUSSIONIST LOPAKA COLON

WAILUKU, DECEMBER 29 ... When the Fleetwood Mac founder set out to form his new Hawaii based corporate band "Mick Fleetwood's Islands Rumours", he assembled a roster of local talent which includes the Barefoot Natives (Eric Gilliom and Uncle Willie K), singer Raiatea Helm, percussionist Lopaka Colon, and bassist Lenny Castellanos. Rounding out the lineup is veteran guitarist Rick Vito, whose credits include performances with John Mayall, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Bob Segar, John Fogarty, Todd Rundgren, and Fleetwood Mac..

A part-time resident since the seventies, Mick Fleetwood recently settled on Maui. After familiarizing himself with the local music scene, he assembled the group for several weeks of rehearsal and now plans to market "Island Rumours" as a corporate band.

"In the Barefoot Natives you have Willie K as a consummate front man, and Eric this amazing talent." Said Mick. "We've gotten together, and truly honored one another and the music."

Willie K is also enjoying the collaboration. "Working with someone like Rick Vito is unreal. I have so much respect for him, and I'm learning so much by just listening to the brother."

"Hanging out out with a Rock legend like Mick, I couldn't help but notice how much smaller his lips are in person," related Eric Gilliom of the Barefoot Natives. "Seeing him sing for the Rolling Stones, you'd never know he was also such a great drummer."

The Barefoot Natives feature Hawaii music legend Willie K along with the perpetually confused Eric Gilliom. Their debut CD "Barefoot Natives" is available in stores and online, and their second CD is slated for release in mid-2007. Follow the adventures of this unique and extraordinary musical duo by virtue of their website: www.barefootnatives.com.

FOR MORE ON THE MICK FLEETWOOD "ISLAND RUMOURS" PROJECT READ
                  JON WOODHOUSE'S RECENT MAUI NEWS ARTICLE

Comment

Re: Island Rumours Band

"Hanging out out with a Rock legend like Mick, I couldn't help but notice how much smaller his lips are in person," related Eric Gilliom"
                    BWAAAHAHAHAHA!
                    Also interesting to note that there are not one but two mentions of it being a "corporate" band. Big $$$ from playing those conventions.
                    And, note that Mick spells it "Rumours", just like the old Fleetwood Mac album.
                    And Leo, thanks for getting the info for Lei!

Comment

I was amused by the fact that Mick praised Willie K & Eric, and in response, Willie praised...Rick Vito.

Comment

Re: Island Rumours Band

BWAAAHAHAHAHA![...]
                        And, gotta love this reference...
                        ...along with the perpetually confused Eric Gilliom.
                        Eric is wildly funny and oh so talented...not to mention he's also a hottie! Hey...I can say that 'cuz I'm an ol' tutu!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          I was amused by the fact that Mick praised Willie K & Eric, and in response, Willie praised...Rick Vito.
                          Amused, but not surprised, right? That's just Willie bein' Willie. He is obviously a great "front man", as Mick noted, but he doesn't like being #2 to anybody. Fortunately Mick is waaay beyond needing his ego stroked, so he should be easily able to survive Willie bein' Willie.

Comment

Amused, but not surprised, right? That's just Willie bein' Willie. He is obviously a great "front man", as Mick noted, but he doesn't like being #2 to anybody. Fortunately Mick is waaay beyond needing his ego stroked, so he should be easily able to survive Willie bein' Willie.
                            Exactly - I read that to the Alpha Female, who laughed and said, "yeah - that's Willie."

Comment

John McVie lives in Honolulu (seen him around at Barnes and Noble at Kahala), maybe he'll show up for any live gigs.

Comment

Working...
                              X