Want an MIT education for free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want an MIT education for free?

Since we were discussing the lack of educational resources for local kids that would keep them in Hawai'i rather than fleeing to CONUS, there are some very prestigious mainland universities that have decided, as a gift to the public, to make accessible virtually ALL the courses taught to students at their schools.

So here's your chance to partake in an MIT education for free! No having to spend $30k annually to sit in boring classes in Cambridge...just take the time and learn online! You can't get a degree this way, but you can get the knowledge that's being taught to very smart kids.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Want an MIT education for free?

Along similar lines, there are also college lecture podcasts available from UC Berkeley and Stanford University.

Comment

wow. that is so cool; so smart. thanks for the info!
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Since we were discussing the lack of educational resources for local kids that would keep them in Hawai'i rather than fleeing to CONUS, there are some very prestigious mainland universities that have decided, as a gift to the public, to make accessible virtually ALL the courses taught to students at their schools.

So here's your chance to partake in an MIT education for free! No having to spend $30k annually to sit in boring classes in Cambridge...just take the time and learn online! You can't get a degree this way, but you can get the knowledge that's being taught to very smart kids.

Miulang
        cool, thanks muilang. i listen to the an intro to biology initial lecture. this is very promising. the only disappointing thing is that very few of the courses have a complete set of lectures online. mostly course materials. i guess over time the library will become more complete.

anyway, thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
        X