Bonnie Raitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnie Raitt

Didn't get to go to the show last night, so had to enjoy it vicariously via HT's own Burl Burlingame's review in the Star-Bulletin at this link. Well done, Burl!

(Side note: a preview item about Bonnie's concert that was published in the most recent Honolulu Weakly included something about the seating at the Blaisdell. Don't know why, since her show was at the Shell. )

Recommended viewing: Bonnie Raitt's concert DVD entitled "Road Tested". It includes footage of the late legendary blues singer Ruth Brown, plus Jackson Browne, Bruce Hornsby and others.
    Last edited by LikaNui; January 7, 2007, 07:44 AM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Bonnie Raitt

(sigh)
    I, too, was not there, despite my Bonnie Raitt fan-dom.
    (sigh)

I read Burl's review and was both jealous that he got to go and thankful that I didn't have to write the review. I can't imagine having to WORK at a concert. I'd much rather just dig on the experience.

More power to you, bro' Burl!
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      [...]Well done, Burl![...]
      I should say so!

Comment

Burl seems to be sleeping in today. Can't imagine why.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

(blush)

Hey, we not only got the review online around midnight, I filed a "breaking news" mini-review DURING the show. Ain't modern tech grand?

Great show. I have the utmost respect for Raitt.

Now I need to cover a show that stinks, so I can have fun critiquing it.
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Bonnie Raitt does put on a great show. Any of you remember Iniki Relief? Pahanui Brothers playing a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG set; David Crosby, Steven Stills, Graham Nash? Jackson Browne...We were all wondering where Warren Zevon was because he was in town, too. I'm trying to remember, it's been a long time...was Jimmy Buffett on stage for that as well? It was an amazing show.

But back to Bonnie. The girl can bring down the house on her own. Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to play a guitar like that? And sing at the same time?

Way to go Burl. And yes, technology is great. I think I hear my dishes rattling and the first thing I do is check a few websites to see who can tell me what the seismic reading is first!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              Bonnie Raitt does put on a great show. Any of you remember Iniki Relief? Pahanui Brothers playing a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG set; David Crosby, Steven Stills, Graham Nash? Jackson Browne...We were all wondering where Warren Zevon was because he was in town, too. I'm trying to remember, it's been a long time...was Jimmy Buffett on stage for that as well? It was an amazing show.

But back to Bonnie. The girl can bring down the house on her own. Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to play a guitar like that? And sing at the same time?
              I'm proud to say I found Bonnie before her Grammy-winning "Nick of Time" album; in fact, I don't own that one (yet). I have her first six albums, though.

Yeah, CSN with Bonnie and Jackson Browne put on a show at the Blaisdell for Iniki Relief, and Jimmy Buffett showed up on the right side of the stage wearing a loud aloha shirt and everybody played/sang "Margaritaville," as I recall. I was given a ticket for my birthday, which meant I was happy and the relief agency beneficiary was happy.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
              X