Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real life "Mean Girls" -- HS cheerleaders terrorize school

Source

The pictures posted on MySpace.com looked like the latest installment of "Girls Gone Wild." In them, cheerleaders from McKinney North High School in Texas exhibited all variety of bawdy behavior...

In many ways, they seemed like the stereotypical "mean girls" that periodically trigger bouts of consternation among parents. But there's an added wrinkle to their tale: the Fab Five's alleged ringleader was the daughter of McKinney North's principal, Linda Theret....
    Also, this article ran in this morning's Dallas Morning News. It gives the parents and Fab Five's story.

A story like this making the national news is pretty rare, but I think the behavior of the kids and the parents is pretty common.

The article that gives the parents' side fails to note that one of the reasons that the situation got out of control was that the parents refused to accept the punishments that the school originally gave the girls for the various thing they did. The parents would appeal the decisions on behalf of the girls, and I think it taught the girls that they were running the show.

Had the parents backed the school in saying "no" early on, I wonder if any of the elements of the national news story would have happened? I know that the parents are trying to question the coach's character, but still. Four cheer coaches in a year? Something's effed up.

And I know that some of you will most likely disagree with me when I say this (the two things are totally different), but if Mom/Principal can't even control her freaking daughter, then how can the other parents trust her to run a school?

I have no sympathy for the girls who were robbed of their senior year (they graduated early). They chose to behave this way, they thought they were better than everybody, and now they chose to leave. Boo freaking hoo.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Re: Real life "Mean Girls" -- HS cheerleaders terrorize school

Just got back from Dallas last night. What a "great" place...

Comment

Isn't this the state that spawns the most beauty queens with the biggest hair (appologies to NJ) and giant teeth...sincere young women who want to show up Mother Theresa and through crocodile tears of joy make the world a better place? Thought so.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You must understand that in the modern, politically correct, soft-on-crime, liberal era that we live in today, what has happened is that all the teachers and administrators have been stripped of their power to run the school with discipline and authority.

This is the root of why America is falling behind the other industrialized nations in terms of education. This is also the reason why one misbehaved student can screw up the whole classroom. But hey, "They just need more attention, or they had a tough childhood, or it's not really their fault" or some other BS psycho-babbler excuse. You can thank a Baby-Boomer.

As a parent, I keep a close eye on the students in my daughters classroom, and I do not hesitate for one minute to let the teacher AND the principal know exactly who the troublemakers are. And if it is my kid, you can be certain I'm using a touch of physical reinforcement.

Lack of discipline is at the root of these types of problems.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

LOL sarah:

"It's all great fodder for the yawn-inducing debate over our hyper-sexualized, overly permissive society, but shouldn't we really be asking the big question: When do we get to see the made-for-TV movie starring LC and Kristin Cavalleri?"
          life is ok sometimes

Comment

Working...
          X