Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Rock & roll HOF Inductees

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003528752

R.E.M., Van Halen, Patti Smith, the Ronettes and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame March 12...

Great additions to the hall. Good to see one of hip-hop's pioneering groups get props. Not only for Flash's turntable wizardry, but because the Furious Five were the originators of the "throw your hands in the air...." phrase that EVERY rapper uses in a live show.

And as for my favorites, the mighty Van Halen....more drama Who'll be there for the induction? Dave? Sam? Ed's son ?(and reportedly current bass player of the band) This was a no-brainer, especially with a guitar player who left such an indelible mark on music. The band is in such disarray, that their website, which hasn't been updated for almost two years makes no mention of this momentous announcement.

Re: 2007 Rock & roll HOF Inductees

All worthy honorees, of course, but man. They'd better put Alice Cooper in there soon or I'm going to do something nasty, like write a letter.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I dropped by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame when I was in Cleveland last year. Very cool place. There were a few bands I didn't see on the list of inductees that I felt should've been there. Van Halen and REM were two of them. The only other one I can remember is Kiss. Glad to see two of the three I can remember made it.

Comment

The Dave Clark Five still haven't made it.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
        X