Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to throw a baby or bridal shower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to throw a baby or bridal shower?

I was thinking about Tea at 1024, Mermaid Bar at Neiman's and Grand Cafe in Chinatown. But I also wanted to look at some less expensive options (the first only has a set menu at $15 and the other two are mid-priced, i think, but for a lunch, still kind of on the upper-mid end...sandwiches at mermaid run $9 and up, lunch at grand cafe i think starts at $11). Maybe I'm being too pake, but I figured if anybody would know, somebody here would. Any suggestions?

Re: Best place to throw a baby or bridal shower?

for about how many people?
    life is ok sometimes

Comment

about 10 folks or so.

Comment

I'm attending a potluck picnic/bbq baby shower at Kakaako Park later this month. That's pretty cost-minimal if the person for whom the shower is being thrown is an outdoors type...

I also attended one that was held in the rec room of a nice condo. I was on the planning committee. A group of us girls went to the rec room early and decorated it (Noah's Arc theme). Think the four of us split the cost of food that we purchased at Costco and cooked in advance (the rec room had a kitchen we could use to reheat food) or something along those lines.

Comment

those are definitely options too, although in this weather, we're looking for indoors just in case.

Comment

Buffet or set menu?

How about Natsunoya Tea House?
            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Treetops Restaurant, over in Mānoa?

Comment

What area? Wahiawa has Dot's and the food is ono....have a small room within the restaurant and the food is ono.....

Comment

we're looking mostly from downtown to east honolulu. treetops, the last two times i went there (which, granted was around 2002), had fruit flies flying around the food, some of which were landing in the buffet line and roaches openly roaming the food tables. i realize the roaches are indestructible, i just don't want to see them at the same time i'm looking at my food. natsunoya is a little more than i'm looking to spend. someone actually just recommended the wedding cafe, which i totally forgot about and would be perfect. but still open to ideas for future reference. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X