Second Snow -- Seattle Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Snow -- Seattle Area

Was it just me, or did anyone else have a 4.5-hour commute home tonight? Wish I had a blackberry like PZ and could have sent pics of the gorgeous fir trees covered in snow--and the graveyard of cars I passed by on my drive from Bellevue to the Plateau.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Re: Second Snow -- Seattle Area

This is about the gist of what we got in Oregon....Oh the sad pathetic inch it is!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Tried to find a webcam showing the graveyard that is Exit 18 tonight, but no luck. This one, however, is very near it. There must have been 60 cars lined along both shoulders of my exit, plus every once in a while I'd see someone walking along the road, probably headed towards his car.

I think I managed to drive about 10 mph tonight. I had a 3/4-full tank (I never go below a 1/2 tank), so I didn't have that to worry about, and my DH was at home with our kids and dog, so I didn't have to worry about them, but my car started heating up during long pauses and the occasional 5-mph driving. Plus, because I took a back road, there were some somewhat-steep hills covered in snow and ice that I had to beg my car to chug up.

Despite all of this, however, the sight of huge fir trees covered in 4-inches of snow, and millions of snowflakes floating under light posts, was breathtaking. I did stick my head out of the window several times to feel the snow fall down on my face. Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest--I love them both.
      This is about the gist of what we got in Oregon....Oh the sad pathetic inch it is!
      The trace of snow or the stuffed animal falling from the sky!
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I think if I find a spoon I might be able to scrape enough for a tiny man!

Comment

We just got some ice pellet looking things here, not quite "real" snow. Fun to watch still though. The weather now conflictingly says it will be sunny all week and will have more snow accumulation today

Looks like a great day to ride my bike to work out there, the roads are clear...

Comment

Well we woke up to ACTUAL snow!

Maybe 3 or 4 inches! Everything is closed! Wimps!
            Neighbors tried for 20 minutes to get his car out of his driveway!!LOL
            He gave up....LOL

Comment

That's a pretty decent amount of snow! By the way, where in Oregon do you live?

Here's the low down on what I dealt with last night, and a photo of part of the mess the day after:

- Anna Quindlen

Comment

I live in Springfield, right by Eugene.
                We have ICE ICE ICE now! It's scary!

Why do people abandoned their cars so much! It happens on I-5 here too.

Comment

I used to live in northeast Portland many years ago. I love Eugene, not so much the Ducks, though.
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

KITV opened its weather segment with video of an SUV in Portland losing control and gliding sideways through an intersection... bonking off a curb and a corner in the process, but miraculously not hitting anything seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                      I used to live in northeast Portland many years ago. I love Eugene, not so much the Ducks, though.
                      What? are you trying to kill me?? LOL

The traffic is terrible right now. they just had 2 fatalities. http://www.kval.com/news/5158242.html
                      The real news isn't out yet I heard it on TV so it hasn't hti the web quite yet but they closed I-5. Southbound. It's bad. I walked outside and it is like someone threw water on the ground out there.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        KITV opened its weather segment with video of an SUV in Portland losing control and gliding sideways through an intersection... bonking off a curb and a corner in the process, but miraculously not hitting anything seriously.
                        That's cool! I can't believe you got Portland news first thing.

Comment

It's snowing. In Southern California where I live it's snowing. Since last night.

It's having a hard time sticking but I do have pictures, will post later.
                          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                            It's snowing. In Southern California where I live it's snowing. Since last night.

It's having a hard time sticking but I do have pictures, will post later.
                            Did your kids get a snow day today? We've had such bad weather this winter that my kids will be in school an extra week & 1/2 (or more since they now have missed 2 more days this week). [My private dream is that they keep the kids in school through the entire summer! ]
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                              [My private dream is that they keep the kids in school through the entire summer! ]
                              Some states do that! Oregon is voting on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X