Job Quest job fair: January 17, 2007 @ Blaisdell Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Quest job fair: January 17, 2007 @ Blaisdell Center

I just finished fixing a customer's computer and she's the promoter for the Job Quest job fair.

Its at the Blaisdell Center on January 17 from 10am to 3pm. Choke companies will be there, along with one surprise (you'll have to go there to find out).

Admission is $3 for regular people; students and military (gotta show ID) is $1

(and sorry for the advertising, but I thought I'd help some people out, since I'll be working that day)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Job Quest job fair: January 17, 2007 @ Blaisdell Center

You oughta be there, too, Adrian. Some smart buggah out there wanna hire you!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      You oughta be there, too, Adrian. Some smart buggah out there wanna hire you!
      That's when I work.

I missed it last year because of classes too.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
        That's when I work.

I missed it last year because of classes too.
        K-den. It's DRAW PICTURE TIME.

Adrian, You just bought a car. You tell us you need a part-time job but you don't want a sales job. Yet you apply at Circuit City for a Sales Position. Wat's up with dat? You tired of working with computers but like it or not das where the money and the need is in today's world. So...wat you gonna do? Are you gonna waste your time in a Mickey Mouse operation dat is run by someone who doesn't know how to run a business or go for it and take your okole to the job fair and submit applications to companies?

Remember, dress professionally, speak slowly and look into your interviewer's eyes.

Good Luck and I love you.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          K-den. It's DRAW PICTURE TIME.

Adrian, You just bought a car. You tell us you need a part-time job but you don't want a sales job. Yet you apply at Circuit City for a Sales Position. Wat's up with dat?
          I originally applied for a computer tech position, but since they don't have any positions open, the manager scheduled an interview for computer sales. Right now, I'm not even getting paid for anything, so I'm really desperate right now.
          You tired of working with computers but like it or not das where the money and the need is in today's world. So...wat you gonna do? Are you gonna waste your time in a Mickey Mouse operation dat is run by someone who doesn't know how to run a business or go for it and take your okole to the job fair and submit applications to companies?
          You're right. I'm getting slapped around, being told to do things that my boss can do but chooses not to - basically I'm holding up this store on my own with no rewards.
          Remember, dress professionally, speak slowly and look into your interviewer's eyes.
          will a shirt with a tie do?
          Good Luck and I love you.

Auntie Lynn
          thanks for the confidence booster auntie. Hopefully I can find a job at that fair.

Comment

will a shirt with a tie do?
            thanks for the confidence booster auntie. Hopefully I can find a job at that fair.
            Of course, a shirt and tie will do. Be sure to press both your slacks and pants. Make sure your tie is properly on. Coordinate your colors. One thing employers notice is how a potential employee dresses. Loud colors does not go well in interviews. Blues, Browns and Beige are best. Black is over bearing. You can be safe and choose an Aloha Shirt and slacks.

Another suggestion. Get rid of "Negativeness thoughts!" Stay focus on Positive thoughts at all times. No matter what, keep a Smile on your face when you walk, when you sit, wherever you go. Make it a habit. It will do you good and those around you. You will understand what I mean ~ for it is contagious and it will be to your benefit.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hopefully I can find a job at that fair.
              Hurrah, Adrian! Good choice on your part; your life is your life - if you wait around for someone else to give you the opportunities you seek, they never will. It's heartening to read your posts sometimes, and see the progress you are making.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                It's heartening to read your posts sometimes, and see the progress you are making.
                I guess I just do too much for people, and don't expect anything (or little) back.

This year has been a good one for me, and by golly I'll be damned if I don't make it a better year than 2006.

Comment

I guess I just do too much for people, and don't expect anything (or little) back.
                  Giving of yourself for the sake of others is an honorable behavior - but you have to be careful not to give everything away, or you will have nothing left of yourself - and that serves no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Giving of yourself for the sake of others is an honorable behavior - but you have to be careful not to give everything away, or you will have nothing left of yourself - and that serves no one.
                    I have chuckle at your advice Leo Lakio which of course is EXCELLENT!

Cause I do da same ting ova and ova...das why I'm still PUA!

Listen to Leo, Adrain! Ok? Ok!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wow Lau Lau ya gotta pay?
                      Job Fairs here in CALIFORNIA is usually free or the ones that I have gone to is no charge. Also, they emphsize Dress Jacket also along with the dress shirt, tie and pants. I dunno if the Jacket to attend these job fairs in Hawaii but then again I have been away since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                        Wow Lau Lau ya gotta pay?
                        Job Fairs here in CALIFORNIA is usually free or the ones that I have gone to is no charge. Also, they emphsize Dress Jacket also along with the dress shirt, tie and pants. I dunno if the Jacket to attend these job fairs in Hawaii but then again I have been away since 1998.
                        Aloha print jackets are a must now.

Comment

Mahalo for the information about the job fair Adrian! I am thinking about going to the Job Quest job Fair myself because I am desperately looking for a job now. What time does the Job Fair starts and ends?
                          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I have covered several of these job fairs for the S-B and I gotta tell you -- you would be AMAZED/MYSTIFIED/DISGUSTED at how some people dress for these things.

I mean, depending on the kind of job you're going for, a T-shirt and shorts might not be a bad thing ... but when the T-shirt bears an offensive image, or slogan ??

Or, the hip-hop-dressing boyz with the baggy jeans hanging off their boxer-wearing butts, necks slung with gold chains and other bling, heads topped with ball caps or beanies or whatever the stylish-chapeau-du-jour is ... and don't get me started on the way they WALK!

... and then of course there are the females who don't know how to present themselves in a businesslike, professional manner. They wear the wrong type of clothing. Too tight, cut too low, revealing tattoos and cleavage, and/or cut too short, revealing too much leg.

It seems so clear that some people have no desire to actually GET a job. It's as if they consider $3 a small price to pay for a one-stop opportunity to get all the required "yes-I-looked-for-work" signatures on their unemployment benefits claim cards. (Or maybe in this computer age they don't have those cards anymore?)

Oh -- and achow -- here's the URL -- click on the Job Seekers link for all the info you need.

http://successhi.com/
                            Last edited by Erika Engle; January 14, 2007, 07:56 AM. Reason: Adding helpful URL
                            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                              Mahalo for the information about the job fair Adrian! I am thinking about going to the Job Quest job Fair myself because I am desperately looking for a job now. What time does the Job Fair starts and ends?
                              10am to 3pm.

I suggest taking TheBus or parking somewhere else and walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X