Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tadd Fujikawa

A Tad Update!

He was the only player with Hawaii ties to make the cut at the Sony Open today...and the youngest player since the mid 1950s. Way to go, Tad.

Sorry to see Parker MacLachlin didn't make the cut. I'd planned to attend this week-end had he done so. His mom was my kids' PE teacher in jr. and sr. high school. I remember when Beth was pregnant with Parker! Now the kid is married and has a PGA card! Yikes! Where'd the time go?!

Poor Michelle Wie. She had a rough coupla days but she looked adorable with braids and that very trendy cap. Egads, that gal is beautiful!

Other than the above, I know nothing about golf!

Re: Moanalua's Tad Fujikawa representing in the US OPEN

Wow, Tadd really did awesome. Congrats to him and I wish him the best! He played with humility too and those are always the best players. Hopefully he'll have staying power and keep growing in his skills.

As for Wie, no ill will, but she's gotta drop the attitude. She needs to just back off from the men's tour and simply focus on fine tuning her skills. There's no shame in that considering she's only what, 17? In fact, the more she just keeps talking about her potential and not delivering, the more she's undermining her credentials.

Comment

Can we correct the thread title? His name is Tadd.

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer View Post
        Can we correct the thread title? His name is Tadd.
        On the local news night, they also replayed and pointed out the part where the Golf Channel's TV announcer called him "Todd".

It's too bad the Tsunami scare overshadowed what was otherwise the main news event, which was Tadd's qualifying day!
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

It was reported that someone in the gallery shouted: "Way to go, CHAD!"

After today's round, Tadd is at -7 and tied for 6th at this point, having shot another 66. Only four shots from the leader.

Comment

He played a great game yesterday! His putts were awesome, well-read and the kind I wished I made all the time!
            Lovena

Comment

Oh man...with Parker, Michelle, Tad/Tadd/Todd/Chad <g> and Dean Wilson, I'm gonna have to get into golf! What an amazing week Tadd is having. So exciting!

Comment

Re: Tadd Fujikawa

Michelle who?

Go, Tadd! Held at eight under for quite a while, still in a great position going into the last day. Tied for eighth, ahead of David Toms and Vijay Singh (who've previously won the Sony Open) and six strokes behind leader Charles Howell III. Some totally mind-blowing putts. And I don't even like golf!

And his interviews are great. He seems so genuinely stoked by all the sudden attention -- very clearly a 16-year-old Moanalua High School sophomore with no PR grooming, no pretense, just a kid who loves the game.

Comment

i know nothing about the game and have no interest in it but people like tadd are impressive. i also hope that he continues to develop his skills and will find success in professional golf if that's what he chooses to do.

yeah, saw some of his putts on the news tonight and those were very good!
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I don't have the patience to watch golf live on TV, but you can check in on Tadd's scores updated on the web, and the overall leaderboard (though I have no idea what all the numbers mean). Looks like he made par on the first two holes, but bogeyed and double-bogeyed on three and four. He's made par on five and six but that still leaves him three over.

Of course, I might have made all that up.

Comment

Wow! What an impressive finish for TF!! I didn't get to watch the entire Golf Channel broadcast....was at a friends place watching the NE/SD game....but when we got home, I did manage to watch the last two hours of the broadcast. Also impressive is his two outs out of the beach on both the 17th and 18th....wish my beach outs were easy as that!!
                      Lovena

Comment

Well, Tadd is certainly the current darling of golf according to the Golf Channel! Whatta sweetheart...Tadd, not the Golf Channel! What's not to like about that kid!!!! Did anyone else see the news coverage this evening when Mayor Mufi declared it Tadd Fujikawa Day? The 2 of them standing side by side? Soooo cute!

Comment

Hawaii golf phenom going pro at age 16
                          Hawai'i's remarkable golf saga will take another rare turn this morning when 16-year-old Tadd Fujikawa announces he is forfeiting his amateur status to pursue a professional career.

Fujikawa did something few thought possible in January, upstaging Michelle Wie and becoming the second-youngest in PGA Tour history to make a cut. Fujikawa rose as high as fourth at the Sony Open in Hawai'i before finishing 20th, with a huge smile and before a charmed audience of new best friends.

Comment

I agree with his parents.

Comment

Originally posted by i-hungry View Post
                              I agree with his parents.
                              I do too. That said, it was mentioned on a local newscast last week that it costs Tad's parents $100,000. a year to help him pursue his dream...and that probably a major part of his decision was to take some of the financial burden off of them. I have a feeling that we'll see Tad and his team make very different decisions than Michelle and her team have made. I bet Tad will be a lot more cautious and not try to hit a home run his first time at bat.

Oops...wrong sport!

Comment

Working...
                              X