Runners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runners?

I was just wondering if there are any avid runners on here?

Re: Runners?

Yep...Surfingfarmboy! 'Cept he lives on the east coast!

Once you move here you might look into joining a running club near your home or place of work. That way you'll kill 2 birds with one stone and also meet new people with similar interests. Just a thought, anyway...

Comment

I'm one....my marathons (with total times run) to date so far are as follow:

Honolulu: 7 times
      Boston: 6 times
      Chicago: 5 times
      New York City: 1 time
      Cape Cod: 1 time

Of course, I've run plenty of 10Ks to half-marathons as well..too many to keep track of.

Next big race for me in 2007 will probably be another running of Honolulu, though there is a pretty good chance I may run either the Jamaica Reggae Marathon or the Macau Marathon instead of it.

I used to be a 105 mile a week runner, but I'm slowly becoming a "penquin" runner as I grow older...I'm probably doing no more than 40-50 miles a week kind of runner now, (8-10 mile runs 5 times a week) though at least once a week (usually Saturday), I'll knock-off a 16-18 miler, with 20 milers run about the six weeks or so before a marathon.

My PR in the 26.2 was Boston '98 with a 2:59. I'm now probably, (if running in decent running weather) around a 3:25 to 3:30 marathoner. If I'm running a marathon in Honolulu, I finish around 3:45 to 3:55...the conditions runners have to deal with in Honolulu (temps above 65, high humidity, and 30,000+ runners) are not condusive in knocking down fast times. I did knock-off a 3:12 and finished 203rd overall in the '99 edition of the Honolulu Marathon though..but that was when I was a decent runner! I run now simply to keep my weight down...my sub 3:00 marathon days, I think, are all pau!

Comment

H.U.R.T. is running this weekend. (I think these people are NUTS!!)

HURT 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
          I'm one....my marathons (with total times run) to date so far are as follow:

Honolulu: 7 times
          Boston: 6 times
          Chicago: 5 times
          New York City: 1 time
          Cape Cod: 1 time

Of course, I've run plenty of 10Ks to half-marathons as well..too many to keep track of.

Next big race for me in 2007 will probably be another running of Honolulu, though there is a pretty good chance I may run either the Jamaica Reggae Marathon or the Macau Marathon instead of it.

I used to be a 105 mile a week runner, but I'm slowly becoming a "penquin" runner as I grow older...I'm probably doing no more than 40-50 miles a week kind of runner now, (8-10 mile runs 5 times a week) though at least once a week (usually Saturday), I'll knock-off a 16-18 miler, with 20 milers run about the six weeks or so before a marathon.

My PR in the 26.2 was Boston '98 with a 2:59. I'm now probably, (if running in decent running weather) around a 3:25 to 3:30 marathoner. If I'm running a marathon in Honolulu, I finish around 3:45 to 3:55...the conditions runners have to deal with in Honolulu (temps above 65, high humidity, and 30,000+ runners) are not condusive in knocking down fast times. I did knock-off a 3:12 and finished 203rd overall in the '99 edition of the Honolulu Marathon though..but that was when I was a decent runner! I run now simply to keep my weight down...my sub 3:00 marathon days, I think, are all pau!

Well, I think those are some pretty impressive times! I am going to try for the Honolulu this year.

Comment

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
            I was just wondering if there are any avid runners on here?
            I'm a middle-of-the-pack fitness runner myself, consistent 15-20 miles/week when I'm not injured, and seven time marathoner (all Honolulu).

Stop by Niketown if you work in town. They put together two group runs a week (Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings) and go around Waikiki, either along the Ala Wai to Kapiolani Park or along the beach to Ala Moana Park.
            http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by Keith H. View Post
              I'm a middle-of-the-pack fitness runner myself, consistent 15-20 miles/week when I'm not injured, and seven time marathoner (all Honolulu).
              A "middle-of-the-pack fitness runner" with a very big heart as well. Keith as done something I've yet to do in marathoning: Raise hundreds of dollars for the Team in Training charity. If I recall correctly, he dedicated his 2005 running of the Honolulu Marathon to TnT. Well done, Keith!

Comment

Football Coach here. I run about 3-5 miles a week and walk about 8 miles per week. Except during football season, when I run about 2 miles a day, with lots of sprinting.

Gets harder every year to keep up with those dang teenagers.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I used to be an avid runner, but now I'm a dad! Not Surfingfarmboy-avid mind you, but I used to do about 30 mi/wk and I'm at maybe 30/month now!

Like Keith, I'm a Team In Training alum (GO TEAM!!) and did four marathons with them. Among these was Honolulu a few years back and Surfingfarmboy isn't kidding. I'm not a warm weather runner (even here in the Bay Area I have to run early or late or I get smoked) and I got massive heat cramps during that race. Anyways, like Tutu says, running groups like TNT and Niketown are a great way to meet new people.

And Surfingfarmboy - If you're a 3:30 marathoner I don't believe you qualify as a Penguin!

Comment

Working...
                  X