lightbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightbox?

my friend is looking for a lightbox and i'm not sure where to look. the "lightbox" at hawaiian graphics on beretania is not really a lightbox (it's for tracing) so that's out.

any other places you know of?
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: lightbox?

I've got one I'd be happy to let someone borrow for some time, but he or she can't have it.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

that's super nice of you but he wants to buy one. if you bought yours locally, would you tell me where to check?

thanks
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Wait, a lightbox for tracing or a commercial illuminated sign?
        I think I got my lightbox from Hopaco, Hawaiian Graphic Design, or that artist warehouse place over by Kona street. Its something K2F Art Supplies or something.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

If you're talking about a light box for silk-screen production, mine is a home-made box given me by someone who didn't want it anymore.

Hellbent is talking about C2F in Kakaako (they're online), who has a TON of stuff, but my experience is that for silk-screen supplies, the first place to look is Sure Shot supply on Waiakamilo.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

my friend started a hobby and having a lightbox would allow him to view his creations better. by lightbox, i'm referring to the device used by photographers to view slides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightbox

i'll try to check out the places you recommended. (i didn't think it'd be so difficult!) thanks!

Comment

You can build one using plexiglas from the scrap box at Plexiglas Hawaii and some fluorescent light fixtures from Home Depot.

Not hard to make if you have some simple carpentry skills.

Comment

my friend has the skills but not the interest! he's originally from san diego and he knows he can get them there for around $25. if he can't find it here at a decent price, he'll probably just wait till he goes back to s.d...

thanks for the idea though!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  If you're talking about a light box for silk-screen production, mine is a home-made box given me by someone who didn't want it anymore.

Hellbent is talking about C2F in Kakaako (they're online), who has a TON of stuff, but my experience is that for silk-screen supplies, the first place to look is Sure Shot supply on Waiakamilo.
                  called C2F and was told that they do not sell to the public! so i asked for places that might carry and the guy said hawaiian graphic (already been there; nope). i also called the place on waiakamilo but they don't have one either.

i think i'll just give up trying to help and let my friend buy one in san diego! thanks for the suggestions, tho!

Comment

Working...
                  X