warm stuff/northface, columbia, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warm stuff/northface, columbia, etc

very last minute but i'm looking for a very warm/thick fleece jacket by makers like northface, rei, columbia, mountain hardware, etc and the only place i can think of is mauka 2 makai. they've got some nice stuff but their selection is very limited. any other ideas for places to check? patagonia used to be convenient but i think they're gone now. anyway, any suggestions would be great. thanks! (leaving monday; no time to order online...)
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: warm stuff/northface, columbia, etc

you'd be suprised but i found portland, oregon-weather appropriate clothing in ross, like an insulated hooded cordoroy jacket and puffy vests. of course, this was before christmas, so the selection is probably less than before.

old navy has winter stuff on sale, too. my girlfriend, who's from hawaii but now lives in denver, told me she bought a lot there this past weekend at the waikele store on the cheap.
    Last edited by cynsaligia; January 17, 2007, 11:52 PM. Reason: added "this past weekend at the waikele store"
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

i actually checked out the downtown ross today and they only had size XXXXXXXL! a wee too big for me, but i hadn't thought of old navy. i'll try to drive out there this weekend.

thanks for the tips and i'm open to hearing more suggestions. oh, i should add that i'll check out sports authority tomorrow. not sure what they have/don't have but it's in town and so easily checked...
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
        i actually checked out the downtown ross today and they only had size XXXXXXXL! a wee too big for me, but i hadn't thought of old navy.
        You may want to check the other Rosses (the one at Ward and the one on Keeaumoku, as well as the one in Kaneohe) because they really do differ greatly in their inventory and selections.

I've often found what I'm looking for at one Ross but not at any of the others!

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
          very last minute but i'm looking for a very warm/thick fleece jacket
          I hope this is unrelated to the Shackleton DVD you are selling...did it give you ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            I hope this is unrelated to the Shackleton DVD you are selling...did it give you ideas?
            ha! ha! now that's funny! (but i'd jump at the chance to go there!)

Comment

called the ala moana old navy and they said they don't have any thick fleece jackets. went to the ross across kmart and no luck either. oh well. guess i'll keep searching...

Comment

Sports Authority also carries Columbia (and maybe Northface). You can only buy REI stuff from REI. You might want to save gas and frustration and call them, though. I can't imagine there's much of a calling for fleece clothing in Hawai'i! Or you could wait until you get up here and buy a fleece thingy in the airport souvenir store.

Miulang
                Last edited by Miulang; January 18, 2007, 12:46 PM.
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X