2007 Honolulu Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Honolulu Marathon

Is anyone going to be in the 2007 marathon? I read there is a 10k walk. I am thinking about it. Anyone in?
    You all might already have seen http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap.../70119012/1076

Re: Honolulu Marathon

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
    Is anyone going to be in the 2007 marathon? I read there is a 10k walk. I am thinking about it. Anyone in?
    You all might already have seen http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap.../70119012/1076
    I plan to, musculo-skeletal health permitting. I missed last year's for the first time since 1999...had a knee problem. So I gotta redeem myself.

Go for it. You'll have to pay $60+ otherwise. And it wasn't too long ago that early entry was just $2...
    http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

I'd love to be able to early sign-up for Honolulu, not only to save some money, but also to get my hands on one of the low bib numbers the Honolulu Marathon assigns to early entrants. Low for Honolulu is a bib number under 2000, but early entrants get a chance to be issued one of the coveted three-digit numbered bibs.

I was assigned (through early registration) bib number 382 in the '99 Honolulu Marathon..that was the lowest bib number I ever received for a marathon of the magnitude of size that the Honolulu Marathon is. (I believe Honolulu is now the sixth largest marathon in the world.)

It does pay to register early. Like Keith said, a Hawaii resident, if he/she doesn't register during the early registration window, will pay a 60+ dollar Hawaii resident entrant fee later on. And if he/she really hesitates, they will pay the mainland entrant fee of 95 dollars. (There is no discount for mainlanders or foriegn entrants.) And, of course, if one registers during the last few days before the race at the HCC, expect to pay $125!

Comment

Bump!

I'm about to don my jammies and hit the hay very soon in anticipation of tomorrow morning's 5am starting explosion! If I had to spend marathon week-end in my old office near South and Queen Streets, I was always blasted outta bed at 5am...that far away. Now I'm about 3 blocks from the start line and I can only imagine what that explosion will sound like!

It's highly unlikely that I'll sleep thru it so I'll make a cup of tea and head down the elevator to the 11th floor recreation deck that overlooks Ala Moana Blvd. Should be a great view of mile 5. At 6am I'll attempt to go back sleep! Yah! Right!

Are any HTers running tomorrow?

Comment

Hopefully I will commit to going next year.

Comment

New years resolution, i-hungry?!

Comment

Working...
            X