Big island meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big island meet-up?

I posted this in another thread about my trip so maybe it didn't get viewed... But I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing a big island meet-up of forum members sometime in the first week of March? I'm going to be there Feb 28 - Mar 7 and would love to put some faces with names and meet some folks

I'm aware that it's kind of a big place so maybe it's not as practical as an O`ahu meet-up or something, but it'd be fun.

BTW I put this in the food forum 'cause I figure it'd probably take place at a food place of some kind, and that seemed like the closest match, but feel free to move it if there's a better place...

Re: Big island meet-up?

Hey! Das a great idea! I've only been to Hilo once when I was in the 6th grade. I've always wanted to go to the Big Island but I dunno anyone or had any reason to go. With the cheap fares I would love to go and meet some of the members of HT. Let me know so I can make arrangements even if it's only foa couple of hours ~ it'll be worth it!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm totally in for that. Kona side preferable for me. Sun and sand and uncrowded beached. How about a BBQ at Honaunau or Hookena?

I can def. help orgamanize, bring the mini bbq, and kayak and stuff.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Oh wow lau lau why gotta be west side Eh?

Geez okay so let's plan a Big Island thing. I'll try to make it.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yay! Whatever area you guys decide is totally cool with me since we'll be doing lots of driving around anyhow. If we go with the BBQ then we can contribute some food.

Comment

What location is best for you Craig? I'm wide open, and would love a beach I've never seen before.

Besides, Puna not that far from S Kona. Let's see how many people coming from each side, and decide from that.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Count me in too. But it depends what day and time.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Darn, but I have a Fri - Sun work related commitment for the weekends of Jan, Feb and through mid March.

Comment

Kona's fine with me, give's me a reason to do another Costco run anyway.

As for beaches, Spencer's allows grilling there don't they?

But for timing, I have to let my HR manager know just inside of three weeks (before the work schedule comes out) when I need to take a day off.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

In leiu of other suggestions, might I suggest the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd of March? We're flying into Kona (wanted to see this walk-up airport everyone keeps talking about ) and probably will stay there for the first part of our trip.

Comment

Do you know where you are staying?
                      Are you the 5 star Hotel type, or the B&B on a Coffee Farm type??
                      If the latter, I can certainly suggest a few choice spots in South Kona.

Honaunau is our favorite place for gatherings such as this. There is a small beach, and if you get there before 10 am, plenty of parking. Snorkeling is the best in the State of Hawaii, by far.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post

Honaunau is our favorite place for gatherings such as this. There is a small beach, and if you get there before 10 am, plenty of parking. Snorkeling is the best in the State of Hawaii, by far.
                        TK, is this spot at or next to the "Place of Refuge" State park? If so, I'd have to agree, that this is one of the most beautiful spots on the island. What a great spot for a gathering.
                        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Puu Honua O Honaunau
                          City of Refuge at Honaunau
                          2 Steps
                          Fishing Village
                          State Park

Etc.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            Do you know where you are staying?
                            Are you the 5 star Hotel type, or the B&B on a Coffee Farm type??
                            If the latter, I can certainly suggest a few choice spots in South Kona.
                            We're definitely more of the Coffee Farm type, though I was thinking of somewhere a little more in between I've got a Lonely Planet guide here, and was eyeballing the Magic Sands Resort, as it seems not to pricey and sounds decent. If you've got any suggestions though I'd love to hear 'em

Comment

I'll probably need to make my hotel reservations pretty soon.. anyone else have any input on when to do this thing? I'd still prefer some time in March 1st-3rd so we can have our hotel in Kona first, but I'd be ok with some time in March 5th-7th too.

Comment

Working...
                              X