Come in here if you're getting married in 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come in here if you're getting married in 2007

so we can talk about it. What are you feeling? What's running through your mind? How are you coping?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Come in here if you're getting married in 2007

Naw bruddah...How are YOU feeling? What's running through YOUR mind? How are YOU coping?

Comment

*glowers at Mike*

what I wanna know is, how come the idea of marrying the lede you love requires coping skills?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        *glowers at Mike*

what I wanna know is, how come the idea of marrying the lede you love requires coping skills?

Same feeling here...if you think you gotta cope then there's something wrong with the relationship. A marriage should feel like that perfect fit glove, no compromise there.

In my years of dating, I rely on one fact: If there is any doubt at all about the success of a relationship, that doubt will amplify itself into the one (or more) problem that will tear that partnership apart. If you can identify that problem or doubt then you either have to resolve it or move on.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Could it be the Bridezilla syndrome?
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Oh, I'm not getting married or in a relationship. I was just wondering what goes through ones head as the date approaches.

Too many video games, pickup b-ball games, and shoes to buy before getting married.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              I was just wondering what goes through ones head as the date approaches.
              Easily answered in just one word: FEAR!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Easily answered in just one word: FEAR!
                My husband saw that and said No his mind went to RELIEF! He could quit dating! He hated dating....so he says.
                But he was nervous because he was afraid to cry....~and he did~
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

heck I was more nervous about dancing in front of all my friends and family more than i was about getting married lol. Relief sounds about right though. So much preparation that when the day finally arrives, you're just like "C'MON LET"S GET IT DONE ALREADY"
                  -kp!

Comment

I dunno maybe I should START a new thread...nah. Dis can go hea.

Big Weddings or Small ones?

I've been to many Weddings in my Lifetime. Fabulous Weddings at Hotels made for Storybooks and Weddings which were simple. All were the same ~ two people in Love getting married and starting a new life together as Man and Wife.

The difference was time and money spent on their Wedding.

Guess wat? The couples who had Big Weddings are mostly Divorced while the couples who had simple weddings are still TOGETHER.

How come?

Did you have a Big Wedding or a Small one.

I had a very small one. Met my late husband on a Friday, got married that Monday and was married foa twenty years!

Our 13th Wedding Anniversary in Tagum, Davao del Norte, Philippines. Our children took part in the ceremony.

Auntie Lynn

Didn't mean to derail...
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; January 31, 2007, 05:44 AM.
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Small kine for my wife and I.

Attendees: Bride, Groom, Mayor, 2 witnesses we'd known for days only, wedding coordinator, driver, photographer, church caretaker.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by sinjin; January 31, 2007, 05:31 AM.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                        Small kine for my wife and I.

Attendees: Bride, Groom, Mayor, 2 witnesses we'd known for days only, wedding coordinator, driver, photographer, church caretaker.
                        Wow! Beautiful Bride and Groom! Thanks for sharing the Awesome pictures!! I go put mine too. Memories...so beautiful and juss in time for Valentines Day!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

sinjin, did you get married in Greece? the pics reminded me of scenese from "the sisterhood of the trvelling pants"

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                            sinjin, did you get married in Greece? the pics reminded me of scenese from "the sisterhood of the trvelling pants"
                            Indeed I did. The island of Santorini to be exact. Nice call Mike.

Comment

My first wedding: big production at Waikiki hotel; best man, maid-of-honor; six groomsmen and bridesmaids; flower girl; 400 guests; divorced after 12-1/2 years (but, we're still friends);

Second (and hopefully last) wedding: family court judge; two witnesses - we took them to lunch at Andrew's (used to be in Ward Center); second marriage for both of us; together 21 years, married 18 years; looks like she believes I'm a "keeper."

My cousin: went to Las Vegas to avoid all the hassles; volatile marriage that ended in an explosive divorce - affairs, custody battle, property division, etc.

No definitive conclusions about simple vs. elaborate weddings.

Although it sometimes seems that there is more emphasis on the WEDDING instead of the MARRIAGE ...............

Comment

Working...
                              X