Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

in the 4th grade, I slipped on the top rung of a monkey bar ladder. the rung hit the Nuts Landing so I was straddling the rung, then I tipped to the left and hung upside down, hitting the side of my head on the ladder, then fell into the sand trap below the monkeybars.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

that's funny.

been there - done that!

here's the most recent (3 years ago).

can you say: v a s e c t o m y

lmao.

i can laugh now.

the overall procedure was fairly quick.

the shots sucked @ss.

the first shot... the doc described that there would be a pinch, then a lot of pressure and then it would feel like someone kicked me in the nuts!!! yup.

the second shot... i'm pretty sure i teared and then i yelled out. wasn't ready for the second. had no idea there was a second shot involved.

so, a recap.

quick procedure. T W O shots. a lot of icing afterwards and no heavy lifting.

great story to share while drinking beer with the guys. you then get to hear about the other stories and you laugh like you've never laughed before.

joel

Comment

I was going to say having a 13 inch incision cut into me...but then I remembered...

Have an epedural was horrible! The Dr. MISSED a total of 5 times! He re-poked through my spine 5 times!
      Then finally got it. The numbing shot had worn off and I was screaming at him after the 3rd time.
      I had a Bruise for 6 weeks! My spinal fluid leaked AND I had phantom pains for 1 year. Worse pain EVER....
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Toss up between breaking a rib while at sea(3 1/2 weeks to landfall) and blowing out my ACL(fold knee backwards) in a tumble off a goped. Vasectomy? Unpleasant but brief.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

With ALL the Physical Ailments dat I have (cough, cough)...the one dat I dread the most is "Cluster Headaches!"

I can go without having one for years but when it comes ~ it comes with a vengeance. I become a prisoner of my own body. Visits to E.R. becomes a daily affair. I'V's and Pain medications is nothing. I want to pound my head on the wall and sometimes I cry out to die.

Luckily, for the past two attacks "Steroids" have broken the cycle. With daily medication in my system it prevents me from having an attack. However, the attacks have a schedule all their own.

It has become manageable. Six months ago I returned the Oxygen Tanks which I always had in my Hale for years. They would be re-filled occasionally especially when I was going through another bout with Clusters.

Back to describing the PAIN. It is intense. It starts from behind the eye then radiates to the back of my head. The pounding raging until it hits a peak. It subsides only to return again.

Why you make dis kine thread? Writing about it going make me get one!

Aiyah!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Try suffering through a major kidney infection -- have a 105.3 fever (but somehow manage to avoid having a convulsion), have your doctor inject Rocephin in your right buttcheek, be rushed to the hospital because hello, you're septic! And then be pumped with antibiotics via IV for five days straight.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Kidney stones. Several times. Worse than vasectomy, worse than breaking a finger, worse than crunched nuts when I rode a bicycle into a parked car because my pantleg was caught in the chain.

Starts off with feeling like someone has run a spear through your side, back to front; then gets stronger, over several days, as if someone comes along to wiggle the spear every 15 minutes. Eventually too painful to keep down food or liquid, followed by the feeling of a miniature garbage truck driving slowly (H1 at congested speed) from kidney to bladder, then the eventual passing of a small jagged rock out you-know-where.

Comment

Definitely Knee Surgery

ACL, MCL, Meniscus, Cartilage Removal, etc etc. For 2 days after surgery it was screaming agony 24/7. The first 2 weeks of rehab were teeth grinding with tears streaming. By the 5th week, things were significantly better. Funny how the injury itself did not hurt nearly as bad as the "fixing".

Leo, let me buy you a drink......... of water.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

oh please. Ask a clitoris what it endures when a baby's head pushes it out of the way. Or the perineum attached to the sacred sphincter.

Stop, drop, kaboom, baby!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                    I was going to say having a 13 inch incision cut into me...but then I remembered...

Have an epedural was horrible! The Dr. MISSED a total of 5 times! He re-poked through my spine 5 times!
                    Then finally got it. The numbing shot had worn off and I was screaming at him after the 3rd time.
                    I had a Bruise for 6 weeks! My spinal fluid leaked AND I had phantom pains for 1 year. Worse pain EVER....
                    all three of my births were natural, no drugs. The idea of a freakin' needle inserted into my SPINAL CORD was repulsive. I allowed the belts on my belly, but no needles (inc. IVs).

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      oh please. Ask a clitoris what it endures when a baby's head pushes it out of the way. Or the perineum attached to the sacred sphincter.

Wowzers!
                      You're an old school woman with no epedural during birth.... so much respect for you aunty.

Comment

I have had alot of injuries and pains. I think the ones that bother me the most are not the ones that hurt the most....but the ones that dont go away. That cronic pain in the shoulders and hip...hinting that I need surgery.

Comment

all three of my births were natural, no drugs. The idea of a freakin' needle inserted into my SPINAL CORD was repulsive. I allowed the belts on my belly, but no needles (inc. IVs).
                          Do you take the same approach at the dentist?
                          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Having my wisdom teeth removed. Since I'm afraid of needles, I nearly fainted when I felt the first numbing medicine go in. What made the operation worse, is that since the drill sounded like a jackhammer, I imagined that the dentist was jackhammering my teeth out. And he had to inject more numbing medicine because I started to feel the tools a couple times throughout the operation. Dang, now I can feel that same pain in my mouth as I'm typing this...
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAH....OUCH! Do tell!!!! I remember the three times myself. Yep! No pain med's foa me either. All natural.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X