Super Bowl Parties!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Parties!!!

Anybody planning to go a Super Bowl Party?

I am. I go foa da Kaukau!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Super Bowl Parties!!!

I'm going...for everything BUT the game!

One of the 'youngsters' (as in younger than my own kids) I work with runs a video production facility with a small sound stage. He throws a super bowl party every year...pot luck, byob...decorates the stage like a swingin' singles club with bar tables/stools and sofas, projects the game on an entire wall, sets up a bar, buffet tables, the works. It's great fun even if I am the oldest (by far) person there...unless his boss stops in. The boss and I end up commisserating in a corner about all the energy we had when we were those youngsters ages!

I'm always flattered to be invited and all of that group calls me tutusue! They're a great bunch.

Oh...and I'm looking forward to the commercials!
    Last edited by tutusue; February 1, 2007, 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot the most important part!

Comment

When is the Superbowl Exactly??
      That should tell ya what party I am going too!
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I remember in the bad old days of the first few Superbowls when they were played a week or so after New Years Day instead of the end of January. We'd go to one of my great-uncle and aunt's houses with some of my Mom's other relatives and the guys would have their beer and pupus and watch the game and play cards and the wahines would all congregate in the kitchen and cook more food and yack away for a couple of hours. And us kids would get bored with the game (and the adults) and we'd run outside and play instead.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

*sets VCR to record the commercials*
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
            *sets VCR to record the commercials*

Don't forget to go to www.ifilm.com to view the superbowl commercials. They do have some up now. Just search for "super bowl".

Comment

I'll be with a few buddies at The Shack Hawaii Kai.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

round table pizza in waikiki. tradition.

although sue the one you're attending sounds like the one to be at.......

!
                life is ok sometimes

Comment

Myself and a few friends are breaking in my old bosses 50 inch and his new condo. He promises some heavy pupus too, lol. I got a case and an official NFL hat on da line with my bro who's giving me a field goal. GO BEARS!!

Comment

Some views around The Shack Hawaii Kai yesterday...

Rose the Budweiser Girl

OH MY GOD! This is why I still say Hawaii has the most beautiful women in the world. She's really cool too, taking a few minutes to take pictures and talk with me. She handed out raffle tickets and pulled numbers for prizes, including logo shirts and football souvenir items. My ticket didn't pulled though. Shucks. Too bad Rose had to leave early to attend other SB events.

She liked this shot better...

Rose the Budweiser Girl (preferred pic). Absolutely gorgeous.

And of course the crowd...

Every year Brendan rents those projection screens, but I don't really care for 'em as the picture looks washed out. I much prefer the sharp, vividness of the CRTs and 42" Plasma (those are permanent there), which is what my eyes were planted on (after Rose left). lol

Third photo down is Brendan "Da Ref", The Shack's owner, and Joe, one of the food runners. It was so busy, the kitchen had a hard time keeping up.

The last photo, as you see, was the KGMB field crew doing a live remote broadcast after the game, interviewing Brendan and filming the crazy crowd.

It was a great time, regardless of the Bear's loss.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                    X