Don't eat the yellow snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't eat the yellow snow

So I was reading today's newspaper and got to the regular Sunday item called "Earthweek", a listing of brief environmental items and occurances from around the planet. Each story just one or two paragraphs long.
    Headlines this week included Whooping Cranes... Asian Chill... Vultures Recovering... Earthquakes... Indonesian Inundation... Tropical Cyclones... Antarctic Fuel Spill... and lastly... YELLOW SNOW ALERT.
    It said "Scientists in Russia's Omsk region rushed to discover what had caused a foul-smelling yellow snow to blanket 580 square miles near the Siberianborder with Kazakhstan."
    WOW! 580 square MILES of yellow snow!
    Now, it turns out that the problem was caused by yellow dust whipped up by a windstorm, not by the "usual reason" for yellow snow.
    But still, all I could think of was Frank Zappa's infamous classic song "(Please) Don't Eat The Yellow Snow".

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Don't eat the yellow snow

OK, this is changing my order next time I order Shave Ice.

No more Banana or Pineapple flavors for me.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      not by the "usual reason" for yellow snow.
      aw shucks. I was going to ask if there were any airplanes flying over the area.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

But still, all I could think of was Frank Zappa's infamous classic song "(Please) Don't Eat The Yellow Snow".
        Nanook-a, no no!
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

So I was reading today's newspaper and got to the regular Sunday item called "Earthweek", a listing of brief environmental items and occurances from around the planet...

It said "Scientists in Russia's Omsk region rushed to discover what had caused a foul-smelling yellow snow to blanket 580 square miles near the Siberianborder with Kazakhstan."
          WOW! 580 square MILES of yellow snow!
          Now, it turns out that the problem was caused by yellow dust whipped up by a windstorm, not by the "usual reason" for yellow snow.
          Unfortunately for Russia, the "usual reason" is heavy pollution - of the industrial kind

Comment

Originally posted by reineke View Post
            Unfortunately for Russia, the "usual reason" is heavy pollution - of the industrial kind
            Yes, but can they spell their names in the snow with it?
            (Geez, I hope people get that one.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Heh. But the people of Chernobyl don't even have to spell their names in the snow like that; all they have to do is stand in the snow to melt it. (sick joke).

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

You're way too subtle. In Cyrillic, quite a feat.

Comment

Working...
                X