Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Paul Ogata shows

The two questions I get asked the most are:
    1) When are you coming back to do a show?
    2) When are you going to do a DVD?
    Well, I'm killing two birds with one stone. Or... 3 stones. I mean, shows. Whatever.

Friday, March 23
    8pm
    Hawaii Theatre
    The Asian Kings of Comedy
    (Paul Ogata, Edwin San Juan, Shecky Wong, Kevin Shea)
    Tickets on sale now at the Hawaii Theatre box office, online at
    www.hawaiitheatre.com or via phone at 528-0506.
    We're shooting this show for a DVD!

Saturday, March 24
    7:30pm
    Maui Arts & Cultural Center (Castle Theatre)
    The Asian Kings of Comedy
    (Paul Ogata, Edwin San Juan, Shecky Wong, Kevin Shea)
    $35 General Admission
    Tickets on sale February 16. Available at the MACC box office, online
    at www.mauiarts.org or via phone at 808-242-SHOW (808-242-7469)

Sunday, March 25
    6pm
    Pearl City Cultural Center
    Paul Ogata & Friends
    (also appearing: Kento, Shawn Felipe, Jordan "The Friendly Samoan"
    Savusa, Jose Dynamite)
    $10 General Admission, $30 VIP (includes reserved seating, bento, soft
    drink & reserved parking)
    Tickets available by emailing nakeiki_omanana@yahoo.com
    A benefit for Na Keiki O Manana chorus, as they prepare for a mainland
    performance.

Now go get your tickets!

Re: Upcoming Paul Ogata shows

WHAT! No Hilo venue!!!! Eh if Augie can come how come you no can? Oh wow lau lau I sad now.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

This should be in the "Selling" section of HT...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
        This should be in the "Selling" section of HT...
        Hmm. The tag line under the Announcing category reads:
        Announcements for concerts, fundraisers, community events, and other outside projects. For-profit items should be posted in "Selling."

(I added the boldface emphasis.)

If the admin feels this is in the wrong place, I can repost under the other category.

What ever the case may be, you have my apologies. (Now go buy a ticket.)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
          Announcements for concerts, fundraisers, community events, and other outside projects. For-profit items should be posted in "Selling."

(I added the boldface emphasis.)

If the admin feels this is in the wrong place, I can repost under the other category.

What ever the case may be, you have my apologies. (Now go buy a ticket.)
          Thank you brother! PJ needs to get something better to do. Good luck with the show!

Comment

SO WHAT ABOUT HILO!!!!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              SO WHAT ABOUT HILO!!!!
              Hiloans stuck watching da buggah on youtube.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                I added the boldface emphasis. You do shows to make a profit, don't you?

Originally posted by pacbasin View Post
                PJ needs to get something better to do.
                And you need to learn how to post things in the proper forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                  And you need to learn how to post things in the proper forum.
                  Last time I checked, i knew what I was doing and you were just the complainer extrodinaire on a power trip. Funny thing, is you actually have to have power in order to go on a trip.

Look at the description and stop focusing on the details. Last time I checked, I knew if I was going to make a profit (which I was not) or if I was actually selling something. I was just annoucing it. So was Paul. Idiot.

Comment

Wheres da love?

Comment

Originally posted by pacbasin View Post
                      Last time I checked, i knew what I was doing and you were just the complainer extrodinaire on a power trip. Funny thing, is you actually have to have power in order to go on a trip.

Look at the description and stop focusing on the details. Last time I checked, I knew if I was going to make a profit (which I was not) or if I was actually selling something. I was just annoucing it. So was Paul. Idiot.
                      I would love to respond to your name-calling, but unfortunately, I'm held to a higher standard than most others here on HT. Thanks admin!

That said, I'm laughing my okole off reading your drivel.

I'd have no problem with your shilling... IF YOU'D DO IT IN THE PROPER PLACE.

You show up on HT and start spouting off in various threads about PacBasin-related subjects, trying to push your magazine and your magazine-related events.

You have no clue as to what you're doing on HT. And I'm going to call you on your BS, whether you like it or not.

ETA: Go back and re-read the responses to your spew in the VD party thread you posted. Love the name-calling there, too.
                      Last edited by Palolo Joe; February 15, 2007, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                        I would love to respond to your name-calling, but unfortunately, I'm held to a higher standard than most others here on HT. Thanks admin!

That said, I'm laughing my okole off reading your drivel.

I'd have no problem with your shilling... IF YOU'D DO IT IN THE PROPER PLACE.

You show up on HT and start spouting off in various threads about PacBasin-related subjects, trying to push your magazine and your magazine-related events.

You have no clue as to what you're doing on HT. And I'm going to call you on your BS, whether you like it or not.

ETA: Go back and re-read the responses to your spew in the VD party thread you posted. Love the name-calling there, too.
                        PJ - since your mailbox is full, couldn't send this in pm, but wanted it to be said...

I really do. I'm sorry for any name calling. Cooler heads should have prevailed, and unfortunately they did not. I'm sure you'll be happy to see that this is the last thing you will read on this site from me.

I apologize for reacting badly. You've obviously taken a greater stake in this forum than I have, and while I know you don't have people that like the moderating you try and do, you're just trying to keep this site free from solicitations and junk, and that is admirable.

I took your comment as a call out, and rather than thinking it through and realizing what I commited to doing when I named my profile pacbasin. It was inappropriate to name call and dispute your opinion. you're entitled to that.

My apologies,
                        S.

Comment

Wooo! What happened here? I step away for a bit and the wheels come off the thread. (Which was supposed to alert folks to the shows I'm doing in Hawaii: Friday 3/23 at Hawaii Theatre; Saturday 3/24 at Maui Arts; Sunday 3/25 at Pearl City Cultural Center.)

From what I could gather from the Admin's post in the ValDayLateNite thread, events like the ones I posted are probably cool here. Again, if I placed the info in the wrong place, my apologies.

Now, to answer Craig's question.

Sorry but this trip will be a quick one. I fly in on Thursday night and leave Monday morning. Next time I'll schedule some Hilo fun. But I'm sure Hilo has tons of exciting stuffs to do at night, like... uh, holdonaminute... I mean stuff like... hmmmm.

I suppose I should have scheduled a Hilo show this time to go with the others. (The others being the Friday 3/23 show at the Hawaii Theatre, which I'm shooting for a DVD, the Saturday 3/24 show on Maui at the MACC, and the benefit show Sunday 3/25 in Pearl City.)

Bummer about the drama associated with this post. On the other hand, page views are mounting. Quick, someone hit me in the head with a chair!

Comment

Working...
                          X