No announcement yet.

Need Valentine's Day late-night plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Valentine's Day late-night plans?

The 2nd Honolulu Magazine monthly event from Flash & Matty Boy, this is for both singles & couples alike!!!

Featuring live, original acoustic rock at 9p sharp.

Followed immediately by mash up, down tempo & hip-hop with djs KSM, shawnG & Byron the Fur.
    Plus the Skyline Dancers & live percussion.

Hosted by Star’s Maleko.

For Vip Tables & Bottle Service Reservations email vip@skylinetwo.com.
    A complimentary Korbel Champagne split will be included for each person with every VIP purchase.

Red or Pink attire is requested, stylish attire required. For the 21 & up!
    FREE valet!

More information at www.skylinetwo.com.

Re: Need Valentine's Day late-night plans?

This should be in the "Selling" section of HT...

Comment

I agree. Wat is wrong this person? How many times she/he has been told?

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        I agree. Wat is wrong this person? How many times she/he has been told?

Auntie Lynn
        I guess if I had a mean run in with the ugly stick like you obviously have, I'd be bitter about life too and make petty comments like that.

Last time I check, I knew, that wasn't a sales pitch, I am making no money on the event, just announcing it for people who might be interested and wanted some Valentine's Day plans.

Can you stop complaining and do something constructive with your time/life, etc. Please! If you have a problem with what i post, ignore it. it's not like this was in the Kaukau Korner. Leave some room for interpretation and suck it up. Gosh!

Comment

Originally posted by pacbasin View Post
          I guess if I had a mean run in with the ugly stick like you obviously have, I'd be bitter about life too and make petty comments like that.
          Uncalled for. If you disagree, disagree with the argument.

Last time I check, I knew, that wasn't a sales pitch, I am making no money on the event, just announcing it for people who might be interested and wanted some Valentine's Day plans.
          Is it not understandable to you that others might have misinterpreted your intentions? It sounds to me like a sales pitch, especially given your early posting history here. I think you might deserve the benefit of the doubt, but you in turn should probably not be so upset if others think that a post like this is something self-promotional.

Can you stop complaining and do something constructive with your time/life, etc. Please! If you have a problem with what i post, ignore it. it's not like this was in the Kaukau Korner. Leave some room for interpretation and suck it up. Gosh!
          I agree that most of the time such judgments should be left to the moderators, but the opinions of others should matter and should be welcomed, especially from long-time participants such as the two who've already posted. Asking others to ignore what they think is annoying behavior is certainly one tack you could take; another might be to ask yourself if there isn't something about the way you present such material that makes you come across as self-promoting. I thought you were selling something too, when I read this.

And do you really want to be ignored by everyone who "has a problem" with what you post? That, I think, is why people might have a problem with what you post. Spammers don't care what people think -- they simply swoop in and leave their messages and to hell with what anyone thinks, like those irritating relatives who drop in (late) on Thanksgiving dinner and only stay long enough to distribute their new Amway catalogues. You might not care specifically about what these two posters think, but responding as you do here is only going to cause others to disregard anything you post.

I agree that this post should have been ignored; perhaps your best response would have been also to ignore the responses. Instead, you resorted to insults. Uncool.

---

edit: Wait a minute. This says "presented by Honolulu Magazine." You're saying you have nothing to gain by the success of an event sponsored by your employer? Anyway, SOMEone is profiting from this.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hmmm...yep! I have many a run in with Life and it's ugliness. But I'm far from being BITTER. Doing something 'constructive?' hahahaha You Funny! Mahalo foa making me LAUGH on the FLOOR!. I will ignore whatever you post in the future.

I still say it was a SALES PITCH!

Have a nice day!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

As a representative for PacBasin, you should act proffessionally at all times - attacking other users just makes you and PacBasin look like a retard. Especially if youre attacking some of the users who have much more posts then you and have been around longer.
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Poof - what was here? Not too much of nahting.
                Last edited by Leo Lakio; February 15, 2007, 11:13 AM. Reason: Wm. Thackeray ...

Comment

hey look over there! ----->
                  Last edited by Hellbent; February 15, 2007, 10:59 AM.
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

deleted by poster.

Everybody HAPPY HAPPY!
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; February 15, 2007, 11:20 AM. Reason: Deleted by LEMURIAN Ancestors!heheheh

Comment

Deleted - on advice of counsel (yeah, right.)

(Hey, NT & HB, someone will come in here later and have no idea what went down - what a team!)
                      Last edited by Leo Lakio; February 15, 2007, 11:14 AM. Reason: everybody go crazy

Comment

"happy happy happy"

deleted--

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          Everybody HAPPY HAPPY!
                          Well, Auntie, I'm not happy. At all.
                          First of all, the original post is clearly a flagrant advertisement for their employer. His saying that he doesn't make any money from the event was off-base -- he may not directly make money from it, but his employer does, and he claims to be their marketing manager, so... yeah, the profits do get to him, one way or the other.
                          But his personal attack on you, Auntie, was just waaaay over the line. There was a certain tiny person who learned that lesson here before. The hard way.
                          I don't think PacBasin and Honolulu Magazine are aware -- yet -- their "Marketing Manager, Shaun" has seriously crossed a line. But they will be. Ditto for some of their advertisers.

PacBasin's profile here includes this:
                          Biography:
                          I'm Shaun, and I work hard!
                          Interests:
                          Working hard for PacificBasin and enjoying the best of pop culture
                          Marketing Manager
                          Last edited by LikaNui; February 15, 2007, 01:37 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The wonderful, veteran members of this community have already made this pretty clear, but just for the record: Announcements of a commercial nature are generally unwelcome. If they happen at all, they belong in the "Hale Ku`ai" area, either announcements (for events like these) or "selling." And for the most part, these areas are for the benefit of people who are active, contributing members of the community at large... not hit-and-run marketers whose only contributions are related to their business ventures.

I've explained this at length to Shaun, and gave advice on dealing with an online community like this (if one insists on generally remaining an outsider). Advice that's apparently been ignored, which is a pity. A negative response to advertising should be no surprise... and a personal attack is way out of line. That such an attack is attached to the name and logo of a local company is also hard to comprehend.

I have a good relationship with many people at PacificBasin Communications, and as a result, I know that Shaun is not representative of the corporate culture at the company. They've been advised of the conduct of their "ambassador" here, and I imagine the next direct exchange we have (if any at all) with a PacBasin personality, its handled much, much better.

Indeed, the company's many properties and activities would quite likely be of interest to all of us. But it's how the information has been thus far conveyed that leaves much to be desired.

Comment

Thanls Ryan for unlocking this so again I can post that I apologize for using any insulting language to Auntie Lynn. That was not right, and while 2:40 a.m. is no excuse, please understand that frustration got the best of me. I was posting as me, and had been trying to do things other than post about topics related to various publications.

Joining this forum was my personal choice. Unfortuately I don't have an interesting enough personal life whereby work is normally what I think of and do and have interest in talking to other people about. I realize that this is not the right venue for that afterall, and how stupid it was to pic a user name like pacbasin. My posts are in no way representative of the company and as of now, this is the last post.

I've asked for a deletion of the account, but I know admin mentioned that doesn't usually happen, so I'll just let it die. Again, I apologize for anyone I offended with that last post, and am trying to contact everyone who commented and do that through pm.

Best wishes with Hawaii Threads!

Comment

Working...
                              X