PDA

View Full Version : Do you create voices in your head for each poster on HT?

Mike_Lowery
February 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I've posted this question on a couple other boards to see the responses there, so let's see how it works here. When I read threads, I make up voices (or well, try to match a famous person's voice) in my head for some posters. I don't know why:

Manolo Morales for craigwatanabe

Velma (from the animated Scooby Doo series) for Lei Liko

Randy Travis for surfingfarmboy (sometimes I hear his threads in the voice singing "you don't always die from tobacco)

whoever's singing the chorus for "Flying" by the Peter Moon Band for scrivener

my 9th grade computer lab teacher for pzarquon

Vanguard
February 15th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Mike_Lowery sounds like Bob Marley to me. :P

blueyecicle
February 15th, 2007, 05:09 AM
No....Never even thought of it until I saw this post Mike.:D
I don't have a good enough imagination I guess.

pzarquon
February 15th, 2007, 06:22 AM
A lot of us have met each other, so the voices in my head are the posters' actual voices. Scrivener, tutusue, 1stwahine, glossyp, jdub...

What does Mike_Lowery sound like? Chris Rock? Tom Hanks?

my 9th grade computer lab teacher for pzarquonWhat, did he sound like a geek? :p Anyway, you can ruin the illusion you've created for yourself if you want to, 'cause my voice goes out over the internets in a podcast (http://www.hawaiiup.com)... and once upon a time, so did scrivener's (http://literateloser.mitchellkdwyer.net/)!

scrivener
February 15th, 2007, 06:26 AM
The Literate Loser is only on hiatus. His return is already recorded and set to cast...uh, by the end of March. Probably.

Leo Lakio
February 15th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I have voices in my head all the time. If they choose to attach themselves to what I am reading, so be it. :D

Hellbent
February 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
all i hear is a charlie brown mwah mwah mwah mwahmwah :)

Vanguard
February 15th, 2007, 11:09 AM
all i hear is a charlie brown mwah mwah mwah mwahmwah :)

Hm that's a good idea!

You all sound like Jawas to me! Utini!

alohabear
February 15th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I always hear voices in mah head:rolleyes:

adrian
February 20th, 2007, 09:26 AM
After meeting a few HTers in real life, I gave that up. Sometimes it raised my expectations when I meet someone.

Lei Liko
February 20th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Velma (from the animated Scooby Doo series) for Lei Liko

You're such a butthead! :D

Ask Auntie Lynn and Ryan -- I so don't sound like that!

Jinkies!

jdub
February 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I always hear voices in mah head:rolleyes:
Yep, me too. The voices in my head are attributable only to a rapidly deteriorating state of mental health.

Leo Lakio
February 20th, 2007, 12:29 PM
The voices in my head are attributable only to a rapidly deteriorating state of mental health.You sure it's deterioration? Maybe you're tapping into a higher level of consciousness...:cool:

buzz1941
February 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I sound like Ernie from Sesame Street

jdub
February 21st, 2007, 01:35 PM
You sure it's deterioration? Maybe you're tapping into a higher level of consciousness...:cool:
Ha! Consciousness? Now that's a stretch even on my best days, Leo! And, truthfully, the voices I hear are usually drowned out by the insistent whine of tinnitus.

Also, everyone at HT has pretty much the same voice to me because I read everything in an English accent. Not sure why, but it helped with retention when I was in school.

adrian
February 23rd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe you're tapping into a higher level of consciousness...:cool:

yeah, that's what they all say before they become crazy. :D

Leo Lakio
February 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
yeah, that's what they all say before they become crazy. :D"Crazy" may just be the common word for that level, you know. Most popular amongst those who have not yet achieved it.:cool:

craigwatanabe
February 23rd, 2007, 12:45 PM
I sound like Ernie from Sesame Street

La la la la...La la la la...Elmo's world...hee hee hee hee:D

And me as Manolo Morales? Hmmm:rolleyes:

Mike for some reason just from your pic I put Osama Bin Laden's voice with your face. Not to say you're like Osama, just that Afghani dialect that's all:)

Hello my name is Mike thank you for calling Dell tech support how may I help you!

makepagirl
February 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
for me ..yep..i've heard all kinds voices in my head.but, meds helped that..hee hee..i'm just too busy trying not to let ya'll hear my gomer pyle plus beverly hillbilly accent.only my drawl is even more drawn out than theirs!!! ALOHA YOU ALL!!!

Keanu
February 25th, 2007, 11:56 AM
TimKona= Elmer Fudd.:D

Lei Liko
February 25th, 2007, 01:39 PM
TimKona= Elmer Fudd.:D

Hahahahahaha....Tim SO does not sound like Elmer Fudd at all. That's so funny.

I'm trying to think of a celebrity that sounds like Tim -- and when I figure it out, I'll post it. Those who were at the LM Christmas Party...feel free to chime in because I'm drawing blanks!

Keith H.
February 25th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Ha! Consciousness? Now that's a stretch even on my best days, Leo! And, truthfully, the voices I hear are usually drowned out by the insistent whine of tinnitus.

Also, everyone at HT has pretty much the same voice to me because I read everything in an English accent. Not sure why, but it helped with retention when I was in school.

Hey, whawt-ev-uh fluh-oots yuh buh-oot, guv-nuh. :D

Lei K
February 26th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Hahahaha! :D

You know I never thought about it but I do give people accents when I read. The people on this board who I know are local get "da kine" accents except for PZ as I have heard his podcasts too many times to give him an imaginary voice. LOL!

When I read CONUS people don't really have a particular accent, the people from England who are on here have English accents, Makepagirl sounds very Southern, Pua'i sounds local but very well spoken, Lei Liko has a very cute voice, hard to explain, Jdub, I gave you an Irish accent a long time ago. :p

Pua'i Mana'o
February 26th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hahahahahaha....Tim SO does not sound like Elmer Fudd at all. That's so funny.

I'm trying to think of a celebrity that sounds like Tim -- and when I figure it out, I'll post it.

I think Tim is much more Yosemite Sam than Elmer Fudd.

Leo Lakio sounds like Dr LeMahieu (remember him?)

Pz sounds like the branch manager at my local credit union.

TutuSue sounds like Leslie Wilcox.

Buzz sounds like my brother-in-law (nice local-born haole boy who works in media)

LeiLiko sounds like the gal at Macy's in the handbag department.

Scriv's voice is med. pitch, ennuciates perfectly and sounds like that cat who works at Starbucks.

And my voice sounds a bit like HNL Sky--lark's if you remember who she is.

Lei Liko
February 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Oh nay. MUST you remind me of him? He was the Supt back in my days as a DOE Student Helper. He'd strike up conversation with me when I had to make my copies in the copy room and he was just CREEPY. :eek:

And let's not mention the time I got stuck in the elevator with him. Damn you, electricity in the Lili Building!

LeiLiko sounds like the gal at Macy's in the handbag department.

Heeeeey! I like that!

Leo Lakio
February 26th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Oh nay. MUST you remind me of him? He was the Supt back in my days as a DOE Student Helper. He'd strike up conversation with me when I had to make my copies in the copy room and he was just CREEPY. :eek:
And let's not mention the time I got stuck in the elevator with him. Damn you, electricity in the Lili Building!I'm not sure what to think, now.:confused:

If you want to hear me for real, tune in live online (http://kbcs.fm) when I'm hosting "Hawai`i Radio Connection" - first Saturday of each month, Noon-2 pm Pacific Time.

Or you can hear the podcast (http://www.bcc.ctc.edu/kbcs/downloads/Live_Performances/20061202_John_Keawe.mp3) of an interview we did with ki ho`alu guitarist John Keawe, back in December (my co-host, Manono, is from Moloka`i.)

Or you can just keep remembering a creepy ex-Superintendant of Schools, if you like.:eek:

Lei Liko
February 26th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Or you can just keep remembering a creepy ex-Superintendant of Schools, if you like.:eek:

LOL, so sorry LL...I didn't think that's what Pua'i meant when she made that reference to PLeM (as we fondly used to call him).

He seemed normal on TV and in interviews. But oh man...to actually work with him. That sweat. Geeeeeeesh.

OahuGirl
February 26th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Haha!!! No, I never...ever....thought of it. That's funny!

Pua'i Mana'o
February 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
LOL, so sorry LL...I didn't think that's what Pua'i meant when she made that reference to PLeM (as we fondly used to call him).

He seemed normal on TV and in interviews. But oh man...to actually work with him. That sweat. Geeeeeeesh.

oh my, Lei, that's funny! I got to work with him once at a retreat. I found him smart, articulate, open-minded and not the least bit oily. When I heard about him later on and the circumstances surrounding his political demise with the DOE, I was floored.

TuNnL
February 28th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I sound like Ernie from Sesame StreetUhhh... Iíve met you Burl and you do not sound like Ernie. ;)

Leo Lakio
February 28th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Uhhh... Iíve met you Burl and you do not sound like Ernie. ;)Does he sound closer to Ernie, the taxi driver from "It's A Wonderful Life?" (That's where the Muppets got the names, y'know - Bert was the cop.)

newroots
March 14th, 2007, 06:26 AM
yeah i do. Hahaha.. Interesting question!

akrauth
April 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
I picture Mokihana as a wahine who has a leo that is filled with lots of compassion and aloha and also a sweet singing voice. I am curious as to what she really sounds like in person.