There's some people who think the earth is flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's some people who think the earth is flat

They even have their own website and FAQ.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: There's some people who think the earth is flat

Remember: Columbus first sailed with four ships --- the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, and the one whose name we don't know, because it sailed off the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Remember: Columbus first sailed with four ships --- the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, and the one whose name we don't know, because it sailed off the edge.
      STOP!!! MAMA and Antonio are looking at me and think I'm going CRAZY with my loud continuous LAUGHTER!!!!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        STOP!!! MAMA and Antonio are looking at me and think I'm going CRAZY with my loud continuous LAUGHTER!!!!
        "Going," NT? If they don't know by now...

Comment

And then you have the First Nations people (the Native Americans and aboriginal people of Canada) who believe that the Earth is carried on the back of a huge turtle. I first heard of the mythology of Turtle Island from a friend, who was a chief and medicine man from the Wampanoag Nation that welcomed the Pilgrims to Massachusetts for the first Thanksgiving.

Miulang
          Last edited by Miulang; February 15, 2007, 12:01 PM.
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            You should read the FAQ that was posted in the original note. You don't sail off the edge but rather you hit an ice wall that surrounds the entire planet which is a flat circle.

Then again they don't say what's beyond the ice wall.

And this begs the question how come the first 3 ships made it to the Americas and the 4th ship was lost (either by falling off or hitting an ice wall)?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              And this begs the question how come the first 3 ships made it to the Americas and the 4th ship was lost (either by falling off or hitting an ice wall)?
              Considering that he was looking for India, it's amazing that the other 3 ships survived at all.

Comment

The earth (as are all spheroids) is flat. Every point on the circumference of a sphere exists in total flatness.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I tell my boys the Earth is flat and they tell me it's not. I ask them how they know that for a fact.

They tell me there are videos from the space shuttle and from orbiting satellites. They tell me they see it on TV so it's gotta be real. I tell them you see Death Stars blowing up entire planets on TV is that real?

I tell them if the Earth was round we'd fall off. Just like I tell them Monkeys are inside those traffic control boxes on each intersection controlling the traffic lights. That's why those boxes have those air vents so the monkey's don't suffocate.

I tell them you can tell when the monkeys die is when the lights don't work.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    And then you have the First Nations people (the Native Americans and aboriginal people of Canada) who believe that the Earth is carried on the back of a huge turtle. I first heard of the mythology of Turtle Island from a friend, who was a chief and medicine man from the Wampanoag Nation that welcomed the Pilgrims to Massachusetts for the first Thanksgiving.

Miulang

Hehe, that reminds me of an anecdote at the beginning of Stephen Hawking's A Briefer History of Time. After a lecture about the cosmos an elderly woman in the back stood up and informed the speaker that what he had said, while interesting, was complete rubbish. She claimed the universe existed on the back of a giant turtle. To this the speaker, with a smile on his face, inquired as to what the turtle was standing on. The woman responded by saying something like "Very clever young man, very clever, but its turtles all the way down!" My friend is currently in possession of the book otherwise I would have put up the verbatim account by Prof. Hawking.
                    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                    "But I can't even read good."
                    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      Just like I tell them Monkeys are inside those traffic control boxes on each intersection controlling the traffic lights. That's why those boxes have those air vents so the monkey's don't suffocate.

I tell them you can tell when the monkeys die is when the lights don't work.
                      Thanks, that brought a smile to my face.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        The earth (as are all spheroids) is flat. Every point on the circumference of a sphere exists in total flatness.

Yeah, but since the circumference would be the width of a sigularity then we could never really pinpoint a spot (as it would be infinitely small) and say that the earth is flat here. I guess you could say that an infinite number of flat surfaces exist under your feet at any location though.

Comment

Some people think round-a-bouts are traffic solutions.
                          Some people think global warming is not caused by CO2 emissions.
                          Some people think bad guys will stop being bad if we stop chasing them.
                          Some people think Islam is a peaceful religion.
                          Some people think unions are still good for American industry.
                          Some people think bones are sacred.
                          Some people think it's the DOE's fault that their child is a bad student.

I could go on and on with these types of thoughts.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                          X