Our Own PZ on KITV AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Own PZ on KITV AM

Am I the last person to find out that PZ is the KITV AM News in-house "Lost" expert? I came across the clip at work while editing news records today. Brilliant punditry, my friend! I trust they are paying you handsomely.
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Re: Our Own PZ on KITV AM

Originally posted by jdub View Post
    Am I the last person to find out that PZ is the KITV AM News in-house "Lost" expert?
    No, you're not, cuz I just now learned it from you.
    Ryan mentioned something in passing about "a new job" earlier, so perhaps that was it? I figured he'd tell us in his own time. But glad you found the KITV thingie. What days and times is he on? Anything on KITV's website?
    A big "attaboy" to PZ... and to Jamie for sharing, too!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Am I the last person to find out that PZ is the KITV AM News in-house "Lost" expert?
      No, I'm the last person (as of 17:51)

I don't even watch KITV or Lost (heck, all I know of it is that its filmed here)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        No, you're not, cuz I just now learned it from you.
        Ryan mentioned something in passing about "a new job" earlier, so perhaps that was it? I figured he'd tell us in his own time. But glad you found the KITV thingie. What days and times is he on? Anything on KITV's website?
        A big "attaboy" to PZ... and to Jamie for sharing, too!
        Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
        No, I'm the last person (as of 17:51)

I don't even watch KITV or Lost (heck, all I know of it is that its filmed here)
        Ha! Me either! It just happens that watching the news is part of my job. All I know is that Ryan will be back on "next week," whatever that's worth.

C'mon, PZ! Are they kicking down some serious cake for your expertise?
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

Are they kicking down some serious cake for your expertise?
          This is why I will never be as cool as jdub.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Ai! Busted.

It's fun. The morning team is awesome. I'm in town early in the morning anyway, so I just stop in to geek out on my way to work. Serious cake? Ummm... Well, they did give me a "LOST" branded neck pillow!

No, it's not my new job. Heaven help KITV were that the case! I did get a new job, but this TV thing is just fun. My new employers aren't nervous about how big a dork I am on the internets, so I can make a public fool of myself as much as I like.

Dan's great. I worked with him at Ka Leo many moons ago. He ad libbed my introduction, and said I was their "in house" LOST guy. He also volunteered that I drove in from Mililani. He was kicking himself after (and sheepishly asked if I did, indeed, live in Mililani). "Well," Mahea said. "He is in the house..."

But "in house" is fine. Last week I was "LOST superfreak," which somehow didn't feel right.

Thanks, Jdub. It's an honor to be indexed and catalogued by you!

Comment

I went to see my principal for a minute this morning. Her secretary said, "Hey. I saw someone on TV this morning who really, really reminded me of you!"

I didn't even know Ryan was on TV this morning, but I KNEW.

"His name was...um..."

Wait for it. Wait for it.

"Ryan....Ozawa."

She compared us physically and I said, "But I'm not into any TV show the way he's into LOST." And she said, "Yeah, but something about that...dedication..."

And I thought to myself, "What a nice way to say GEEKINESS."

Anyway. I'm flattered for myself and embarrassed for Ryan that people who don't even know we know each other somehow connect us.

I proclaim this my most Damon-like post. I can't believe how much of it is about ME!
              Last edited by scrivener; February 15, 2007, 09:43 PM.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Anyway. I'm flattered for myself and embarrassed for Ryan that people who don't even know we know each other somehow connect us.
                Well, I'm flattered for myself and embarrassed for you! So there!

It's not just you, Mitchell. People who see recent photos of you and I together have inevitably asked, "Is that your brother?" My actual brother would be horrified... if he didn't also accept the fact that we look nothing, nothing alike. He's tall, thin, and angular. I'm short, fat, and... lumpy.

ETA: Not that I'm saying you're... nevermind.

Comment

Ryan, how do you find time for all these hobbies?! HawaiiThreads administrator (and regular ham), Podcaster, Blogger (sorry for using that term), and now morning news guest commentator. I probably didn't even mention other web projects you actively participate in. Plus full-time worker and dad.

Amazing.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    Ryan, how do you find time for all these hobbies?!
                    It is my firm belief that Ryan is the Energizer Bunny.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      This is why I will never be as cool as jdub.
                      Cool? Ha! I just talk the talk, man. Occupational hazard of a failed rock star. Ryan, now he's cool.
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X