• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney Spears shaves her head!

http://x17online.com/celebrities/bri...y_for_help.php

I hope this becomes the new fad.

Re: Britney Spears shaves her head!

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
    Well, when Sinead O'Connor did it and Susan Powter did it, they were just considered "weird" or "dykes". I think Brittney is now 5 shovelsful less than a full load, and I fear for her boys. She supposedly checked herself into rehab on Thursday or Friday, and then discharged herself the next day. Fortunately for her, hair does grow back eventually.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Next, she'll come out with some hardcore, angry-at-the-world, mega-expletive rap album ala Eminem style, and she'll make $$$BANK$$$ on it.

Man, she looks like Britney's twin "brother" now. "Billy Spears"?

Well, at least the (lack of) curtains match the (lack of) carpet now.

Last edited by Pomai; February 17, 2007, 07:35 PM. Reason: interior decorating
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Man, she looks like Britney's twin "brother" now. "Billy Spears"?
        More like "Billy Shears" (The act you've known for all these years...)

Comment

I don't know if it girl gone wild or train wreck in progress.

Comment

Locks for Love? That would be noble. If she doesn't become the next accidental celebrity death, I'd be fine with that. I wish she'd get her act together for her sons' sake. She's a poster child for WAITING to get married and for having kids.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              Locks for Love? That would be noble. If she doesn't become the next accidental celebrity death, I'd be fine with that. I wish she'd get her act together for her sons' sake. She's a poster child for WAITING to get married and for having kids.
              Heh. Somebody apparently is advertising locks of her hair on eBay, according to cable news. The curious thing is, she had her hair shorn off in Tarzana, CA and the eBay seller is in PA! Hmmmm...fake Britney locks for sale? I wonder if the seller is also offering certificates of authenticity? And how would the highest bidder be able to prove it really came from Britney? Through mitochondrial DNA?

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                Heh. Somebody apparently is advertising locks of her hair on eBay, according to cable news. The curious thing is, she had her hair shorn off in Tarzana, CA and the eBay seller is in PA! Hmmmm...fake Britney locks for sale? I wonder if the seller is also offering certificates of authenticity? And how would the highest bidder be able to prove it really came from Britney? Through mitochondrial DNA?

Miulang
                And then there's that discriminating group that will actually BID. If they do, they deserve to part with their money. What a wacky world.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

according to the owner of the salon where the buzzing occurred - most of her hair was only 4 inches long, the rest of it was all extensions. I feel so sorry for Britney - she definitely needs some tough love.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think it looks good. And if you've never shaved your head, you really don't know what you're missing. Baldness is wonderful. You know how wonderful the cool pillow feels against the side of your face when you lie down at night? Imagine that feeling all over your head. I'm totally serious.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

And then there's that discriminating group that will actually BID. If they do, they deserve to part with their money. What a wacky world.
                      Current bid in one auction, $75k!

And then, there's this other anti-Britney hair auction which is kinda funny:
                      If you came to ebay today looking for hair, and absolutely must have some, I will shave my head and send the hair to the winning bidder. It will also come with a video of me shaving my head, to prove the hair is authentic. Fair enough?

Or you can save up for K-Fed’s cornrows. That would be sweet!
                      Miulang

Comment

Maybe it signifies a fresh start for the pop icon. As for shaven heads, I shave my husband's about every three weeks with the 1/8th trimmer. The man has a beautiful head of hair, but is quite taken with the freedom being shorn provides. My mother always trimmed my curly locks so short it was embarassing so even now as a 40+ adult, getting my haircut is traumatic. Sure it's easier when shorter. I'm actually in the throes of psyching myself into an appointment with Tracy at Stafford's Salon sometime in the next few weeks.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Maybe it signifies a fresh start for the pop icon. As for shaven heads, I shave my husband's about every three weeks with the 1/8th trimmer. The man has a beautiful head of hair, but is quite taken with the freedom being shorn provides. My mother always trimmed my curly locks so short it was embarassing so even now as a 40+ adult, getting my haircut is traumatic. Sure it's easier when shorter. I'm actually in the throes of psyching myself into an appointment with Tracy at Stafford's Salon sometime in the next few weeks.
                          I don't think I'd look very good with a shaven head. I was a baby during the epoch when parents didn't know that keeping your kid on its back all the time as an infant resulted in kids with very flat backs of the head. heheheh.

Miulang

Comment

Independent of the specific celebrity in question, I think bald can be a great, sexy look... for women, and men. Demi Moore? Sigourney Weaver? Here's a short list of some reknown movie actresses who shaved their heads.

I'd try it myself, but am pretty sure my skull is too lumpy (too many air pockets beneath the scalp). It'd not only be not sexy, but scare small children.

Comment

Hey PZ...I noticed in some of your photos that your dad is shaving his head. Looks great, I think!

As for Britney...that gal appears to be one, troubled soul.

Comment

Working...
                              X