Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a favorite scripture?

from the Bible:
    Ecclesiastes 2:24 There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.

from the Olelo Noeau:
    Kike ka Ala, Ue ka Mamane
    When the lava rocks burst, the Mamane tree weeps (meaning that when people fight, it is the innocent who suffer). This saying was collected from Emmerson's Pele and Hiiaka.

from today's times:
    A man's character is his fate. (Mr Hundert, Emperor's Club)

hmmm....in the cumulative, I have to say that culpability weighs heavy with me.

What about you?

pax

Re: Do you have a favorite scripture?

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Monty Python, eh?

Sinjy, the question begs: can you recite it from memory in front of the class?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        Monty Python, eh?

Sinjy, the question begs: can you recite it from memory in front of the class?
        Prolly not. My memory ain't what it used to be. Btw thanks for your support the other day. Wholly unsatisfying otherwise.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Since we've already derailed for the sake of humor, I feel comfortable now mentioning one of my favorite juxtapositionings of Biblical verse, with all due credit to George Carlin, and recognizing fully that this is NOT accurate reflection of scriptural teachings.

Matthew 27:5 --- (Judas) went out and hanged himself.
          Luke 10:37 --- Go thou and do likewise.
          John 13:27 --- That thou doest, do quickly.

May I add that I also learned Sunday School teachers of the 1960s clearly had no tolerance for subversive behavior?

Comment

Being an electric guitarist in a worship band, it's only natural I would pick:

Psalms 33 : 3 Sing unto him new songs of praise. play skillfully with a loud noise.

And sinjin: Don't forget......ONE........TWO.........FIVE.........NO THREE......

LOL Love Monty Python

DD
            www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

I have several scriptures from Bible:

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Revelations 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and be with me."

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." (New Hope Christian Fellowship verse, I go to New Hope)
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Admin, please delete this post. I originally posted something but changed my mind.
                Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; February 25, 2007, 09:10 AM.
                "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                "But I can't even read good."
                "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

I guess my three favorites, being a regular runner, are:

Hebrews 12:1-2: Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27: Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Isaiah 40:30-31: Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

And one that brings to mind what a physical therapist told me recently:

Hebrews 12:12: Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.
                  http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

I just bought a book about King Solomon's wisdom and a practical suggestion. The book of Proverbs has 31 chapters. Read the corresponding chapter per the calendar date. On months that end early, finish up all the chapters. Apparently Proverbs is the first true self-help book with global distribution, since Guttenberg. Everything one needs to know about successful living is in Proverbs.

pax

Comment

I love scriptures and quotes regarding charity:

From Matthew 25 (KJV):

34 Then shall the king say unto them on his right hand, come, ye blessed of my father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
                      35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in,
                      36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
                      37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? Or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
                      38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? Or naked, and clothed thee?
                      39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
                      40 And the king shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

And then from Mother Theresa:

"Behold Jesus Christ in all His distressing disguises."

And then from Paul in Corinthians, Chapter 13:

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
                      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Working...
                      X