Y&R - Brenda Dickson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y&R - Brenda Dickson

I used to watch Young & Restless in the 70s. It was the only 'soap' I ever watched. Interesting, I never knew Brenda Dickson lived in Hawaii and was married to that attorney. Anyone else remember her?

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...=2007702200345

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...=2007702230369

Re: Y&R - Brenda Dickson

Didn't she marry Weinberg in 1999 or 1998? So it's post her time on the show. I didn't pay much attention to that show, but I cannot figure out what role she had? Was she married to Victor? Was she the red head evil alpha female? Did her father start Jabot and was she running the company with her brother? I can't place her. But sheesh, for not having paid much attention to the show, I remember a few things!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I think I started watching in 1973, when it first started. I watched for only a year or two. She played a teenager who had an affair with an older married man. She had two brothers, one was named 'Snapper'. I was really hooked on it, but I started UH and couldn't schedule my courses around it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        Didn't she marry Weinberg in 1999 or 1998? So it's post her time on the show. I didn't pay much attention to that show, but I cannot figure out what role she had? Was she married to Victor? Was she the red head evil alpha female? Did her father start Jabot and was she running the company with her brother? I can't place her. But sheesh, for not having paid much attention to the show, I remember a few things!
        her character, jill abbott, was married to john abbott, founder of jabot. if i remember correctly when i used to watch (back in the late 80s early 90s) jack, john's son, and jill would often struggle against each other. because of their mutual dislike of jack, jill and victor used to team up now and again. additionally, jill and katherine chancellor absolutely hated each other, and i think that's bcs jill, formerly katherine's assistant or something, started an affair with katherine's hubby.

or i think that's the way it went. i still don't get how cricket and michael, the attorney who once raped her, can now stand to be in the same room together.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I remember her from Y & R. Poor Jill looks TERRIBLE!

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...0379/1170/NEWS

I don't know if it's because she's a drama queen or if she's just crazy but this woman has seriously lost the plot...

The television news showed her antics in court... which were stated mildly in the above print story. It's no wonder she was found in contempt and sent back to jail!
          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
          X