Seeking computer technician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking computer technician

I decided to find a replacement for my current position at ComputerGeeksHawaii.com

Basically, you'll answer the phone and take service requests (just fill out the form); run an internet cafe (fill out an excel spreadsheet to keep track of the customer's times) and sell clearwire (again, fill out the form - or let the customer fill it out).

The job doesn't pay much, and you'll be sitting down doing nothing probably 80% of the time, while the other part will be interacting with the customer.

PM me for more info.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Seeking computer technician

may i suggest also that you post this up on Craigslist.org. I am just helping you out and not in any way, being paid by CL...I am just a daily user of CL also and its activity site is very busy! Wen you go on CL, be sure to seek Hawaii, then Honolulu ok!

Comment

This is the kind of second job I am looking for. Could you convince your boss to be open at night and on weekends?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        This is the kind of second job I am looking for. Could you convince your boss to be open at night and on weekends?
        hehe, I don't think anyone would want to be there during the evenings (its fort street mall)

We might have plans to open on weekends, since we're renovating the place and a fellow tenant runs a cell phone repair shop. But first, we need someone to replace me.

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
          may i suggest also that you post this up on Craigslist.org. I am just helping you out and not in any way, being paid by CL...I am just a daily user of CL also and its activity site is very busy! Wen you go on CL, be sure to seek Hawaii, then Honolulu ok!
          The reason why I'm sticking to local forums, is because I can check out their posting history, and see how they are.

We just need someone we can trust and have a good head.

Comment

I know where it is. I've popped my head in a couple of times to say hi, but you weren't there. I have classes there in the evenings, so I'm there anyway a few nights per week.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Adrian, you've made this job sound so-o-ooo enticing right from the get-go.

The best part is that it sounds like a job where you get paid (low, albeit) to surf the net, interrupted by a few moments of customer service.

Plus you get to watch all the downtown babes walk by (and hopefully in) the store.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                Adrian, you've made this job sound so-o-ooo enticing right from the get-go.

The best part is that it sounds like a job where you get paid (low, albeit) to surf the net, interrupted by a few moments of customer service.

Plus you get to watch all the downtown babes walk by (and hopefully in) the store.
                Yep, that's basically it.

If I have to tell someone about my week, then right now Monday/Tuesdays are the "internet/watch DVD/play games" days. Wednesdays and Thursdays are for "schedule for home service" days where you get calls either on Monday or Tuesday to schedule a home/work computer repair service. Fridays are a toss up, because its the weekend and either people will bring in their computers to be worked on, the store will be packed with people using the computers for internet, or it could be a cruise day and you can watch your movies/play games/go online.

The most time consuming repair I have to date that I completed, is having to rebuild a computer - That's from diagnosing it (and if I couldn't diagnose it, then I'd send it to my boss and he'll do it) to ordering the parts to installation and testing. MOST of the customers are okay with having their (primary) computer out for service for a couple of days, but you put yourself in their shoes and do the work promptly but correctly.

Of course, since I do most of the interaction with the customers, I know their names, their computers, and where they live.

If we don't get someone in the next week, then I might drop the computer knowledge requirement and just have someone there to answer phones (but its good to have some knowledge of computers - especially Vista since everyone is calling about it).

Comment

Geez it's almost 2am and it's only me and TimKona posting right now.

So what the hell am I doing up now? I'm working on two computers. One a reinstall of the OS so the updates take forever from the drivers to the OS itself. The second one is a mobo replacement on another very proprietary Compaq Presario. Amazingly the restore disks for the Compaq works on this PC Chips replacement board.

Talk about score! NewEgg had a St. Patrick's day sale Mushkin 512Mb SDRAM PC3200 184-pin memory for $22.00 and a 2Gb Mini SD card for $9.99

With shipping (FedEx 2nd day air) the total came out to just under $57.00

Okay back OT...fixing computers and getting paid for it. I do it as a hobby, building and repairing computers for friends.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    Okay back OT...fixing computers and getting paid for it. I do it as a hobby, building and repairing computers for friends.
                    I'm finding that out the hard way. I love it as a hobby, but once you get 5 clients a month just to remove spyware, viruses and "make their computer faster" it gets boring really fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X