Portuguese on Kauai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portuguese on Kauai

I would appreciate it if anyone could give my any information regarding Portuguese people living on Kauai. I may have some long lost relatives there and I would like to try to find them. Is there a part of the Island where most Portuguese people live? Are there any events that are celebrated by the Portuguese community? What are the general opinions of this culture, by the other residents of Kauai? I know they were brought to Hawaii from the Azores Islands as plantation workers, (from what I understand as supervisors) but that’s about all I know. Oh almost forgot, someone told me that the people of Pilipino Decent don’t really like the Portuguese, true???? And why?
    Last edited by greentara; March 11, 2007, 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling
    "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Re: Portuguese on Kauai

Aloha, Greentara. I just sent you a PM with a suggestion on someone to contact.

Comment

Re: Portuguese on Kauai

Many Many Mahalos Leo Lekio - great contact I will e-mail him...
      "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Working...
      X