• Show
Clear All

• HPD 155th Class graduation

Heard from some sources it's happening Monday, March 12th

Blaisdell Concert Hall, seating at 6pm, starts at 7pm

Congrats Mr Lu!

It was great working with you in the field when we did bump into each other

Re: HPD 155th Class graduation

Guess ya'll know Lu is a friend, though not a close one.

Anyways the graduation was awesome, 48 recruits made it with 74 originally starting out.

Lu actually did the graduation speech and got an award for most Inspirational Recruit or something-- go Lu you made us proud.

Sorry I could't get any good pics from where I was sitting, too far back at the Blaisdell. I'm sure your family got plenty!

Comment

No doubt some of ya'll saw the news 10pm Monday.

The class that graduated was actually pretty huge!

48 total, the person next to me said normally its around 30-ish or so.

Several awards given out, Officer Lu got Most Inspirational Recruit or something.

Go Lu!!!!! I'll miss working with you in the field, but you can stop by my office anytime.

Comment

On July 11, 2007 ~ HPD'S 156th Class will be graduating. It is with God's continuing grace and blessings, my youngest daughter will be amongst the graduates!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Tonight is the NIGHT!! The sweat, tears, tests and sacrifices will reach it's climax for twenty-five HPD Cadets tonight. Six months ago, on January third, over sixty cadets came to Orientation at Kula Makai, the training facility in Waipahu, Hawaii. Within weeks, many were eliminated. The process is not easy. From application to training it is hard. It doesn't end there. After graduation, more training begins with on the road and actual Public Contact. These Cadets who graduate tonight are the best of best. HPD is an accredited Police Academy. One which is respected through-out the World. Many others come seeking our Police Officers because they are trained to the highest standards.

The ceremonies begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Neil Blaisdell Concert Hall. I will take pictures to share tomorrow. I asked my daughter how many are from the Conus? She told me eight. I will get leis for them...they don't have Ohana here to celebrate with them in their accomplishment. They have my Ohana and me! Plus, it's my only chance to see cops cry! Nah...nah..joke.

Congratulations to the 156th HPD Police Class!!!

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; July 11, 2007, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Auntie,

Just saw a piece on the news on the graduation. They showed all the graduates. Please tell your daughter con"grad"ulations

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
              Auntie,

Just saw a piece on the news on the graduation. They showed all the graduates. Please tell your daughter con"grad"ulations

Jill
              Mahalo Jill!!

What a night! Full report and more pictures on my blog.
              http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=1099

My daughter is seated at the (L) end.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

All the stars on the uniforms made me dizzy!!NOT!!!
                Okay, I must be really slow today because at first I thought I read "All the uniforms made me dizzy" -- as in being around so many COPS. I know *I* would be dizzy being around all those cops.

Oy. I sorry.

Congratulations all around to both YOU and your daughter Aunty Lynn. What an accomplishment!
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Congrats Christy and Auntie. You have every reason to be puffed with pride!

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                    Okay, I must be really slow today because at first I thought I read "All the uniforms made me dizzy" -- as in being around so many COPS. I know *I* would be dizzy being around all those cops.

Oy. I sorry.

Congratulations all around to both YOU and your daughter Aunty Lynn. What an accomplishment!
                    Lei Liko, I have a confession to make. I get dizzy seeing plenny "cops" too! Especially, wen I'm intoxicated on Hotel Street. No moa fighting foa me!
                    REFLECTION!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Congrats Christy and Auntie. You have every reason to be puffed with pride!
                    TutuSue, I was so overwhelmed with pride last night. Not only for my daughter but also for my other two children. I am truly blessed. It's so amazing how the years fly and our children become adults. Now I watch my grandchildren and see the same little tykes my children were in them long ago. How precious children are.

They are my Legacy!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      What a night! Full report and more pictures on my blog.
                      Auntie Lynn
                      Congratulations to Officer Christy!

So when she going be working da' Waikiki beat? If I recognize her in uniform, I'll say howzit and tell her, "eh you know yo' moddah', she make one awesome Chicken Adobo!".
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        Congratulations to Officer Christy!

So when she going be working da' Waikiki beat? If I recognize her in uniform, I'll say howzit and tell her, "eh you know yo' moddah', she make one awesome Chicken Adobo!".
                        heheheh...

I don't know where her 'Beat' will be as she and her fellow graduates will be in FTP Training. And even if I did ~ I would be just as everyone else...a citizen. I gotta behave and abide by the Laws. I always do. SMILE

At home, I'm her MOMMY!

btw: She makes onolicious Chicken Adobo too!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Ehh Auntie,

Congrats to your daughter and your ohana! Your ohana is certainly doing your part to serve the people, state, country, and our globe. Many blessings to you all.

I have a few family members in law enforcement including my father who is a retired supervisor investigator and cousins working with the sheriiffs department, highway patrol, and some relatives in military police, and retired HPD. Many times, I have pondered the thought if I were able to finish the grueling training regiment. But, I guess I will never know. Too old already.

Congratulations again!

P.S. I've been experimenting with my adobo recipe using baby back ribs. Yum!

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Jake's Ohana View Post
                            I have a few family members in law enforcement including my father who is a retired supervisor investigator and cousins working with the sheriiffs department, highway patrol, and some relatives in military police, and retired HPD.
                            Aloha Jake! Wow! You come from a Law Enforcement OHANA!! Please tell them I said MAHALO for serving our Community, State and Country!! Just because you and me not in Law Enforcement doesn't mean we don't help in our own way. heheheh Being law abiding citizens help keep our communities safe.

Next HT Picnic ~ I go make Chicken Adobo!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Ho`omaika`i, Aunty Lynn! Congratulations to your daughter (and to you) from me too.
                              May she always be safe and sound...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X