Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Secret"

EXCERPT: The Secret and Your Body
    The first thing to know is that if you focus on losing weight, you will attract back having to lose more weight, so get “having to lose weight” out of your mind. It’s the very reason why diets don’t work. Because you are focused on losing weight, you must attract back continually having to lose weight.

The second thing to know is that the condition of being overweight was created through your thought to it. To put it in the most basic terms, if someone is overweight, it came from thinking “fat thoughts,” whether that person was aware of it or not. A person cannot think “thin thoughts” and be fat. It completely defies the law of attraction.
    Decoding 'The Secret'
    Oprah lives by it. Millions are reading it. The latest self-help sensation claims we can change our lives by thinking. But this 'new thought' may just be new marketing.
    A 'secret' Oprah craze hits New Yorkers
    Rhonda Byrne, the Australian producer behind the self-help sensation, argues that the law of attraction is the strongest force in life and that through positive thinking you will attract the positive things that you want in life. If your thoughts and actions and all your energy dwell on the negative - problems you're having or frustrations you're feeling or things you do not like or want - negative things will dominate your life. By the same reasoning, the argument goes, if you focus on, be lieve in and expect good things, they will follow.
    Oprah's ugly secret
    By continuing to hawk "The Secret," a mishmash of offensive self-help cliches, Oprah Winfrey is squandering her goodwill and influence, and preaching to the world that mammon is queen.
    Self-help gone nutty
    A craze called 'The Secret' blends Tony Robbins with 'The Da Vinci Code,' telling people to have it all without trying.

Re: "The Secret"

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    [...]...But this 'new thought' may just be new marketing.[...]
    It was touched upon here! Yes, it is an old concept, repackaged. I first explored this subject in the 70s and I wasn't even a flower child! And, no, one can't have it all without trying! One reaps what one sows.

IMNSHO, that is...

Comment

does anyone on here remember the "EST" training?
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

thanks for those links, czar-kwan. I agree with the premise of living deliberately, but the whole of it makes me wanna go out and rape the aina for some crystal that I can rub my existential freak on. On second thought, I would rather count my many blessings and donate to charity.

Om baby!

pax

Comment

I saw that DVD and was so amazed by it my wife and I decided to try it out.

She said she wanted a job that paid exactly $10,000 more per year than what she got now. Within one week a job appeared in the Honolulu Advertiser for a position at PATCH in Honolulu, no salary was given but she applied anyway. She flew in for a 3:30pm interview.

While waiting for the plane back to Hilo she gets a call on her cell phone at 5pm. She got the job.

When she asked what the salary was, it was in fact, $10,000 more than what she was making as a HeadStart Manager here on the Big Island.
          Exactly $10,000 to the penny!

She took the job and is now flying back and forth between Honolulu and the Big Island.

The power of attraction. It works.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            The main thing I remember about EST is having to go to the bathroom and not being allowed to leave the room because the trainer said it was a cop- out..
            "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              [...]The power of attraction. It works.
              I was waiting for the punch line, Craig! But, hey, you're serious! Very cool. Next time make sure Brenda asks for an even bigger salary!

Is she commuting 5 days a week?

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              Originally posted by greentara View Post
              The main thing I remember about EST is having to go to the bathroom and not being allowed to leave the room because the trainer said it was a cop- out.
              I remember the "fad" but never was interested in exploring it. I, too, remember the bathroom issue and thought it a bit crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                It was touched upon here! Yes, it is an old concept, repackaged. I first explored this subject in the 70s and I wasn't even a flower child! And, no, one can't have it all without trying! One reaps what one sows.
                Same as Creative Visualization -Course in Miracles etc. One of the authors is here in SF today (Secret) where I work at 1:00 pm going to check him out ~ why not it's free...

Originally posted by tutusue
                I remember the "fad" but never was interested in exploring it. I, too, remember the bathroom issue and thought it a bit crazy!
                I think I check out most of them could't really help myself living in Marin/SF, just seemed like the thing to do...
                "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Same as Creative Visualization -Course in Miracles etc.[...]
                  Yep! I'll also add The Silva Method. I was so fascinated by that book and Shakti Gawain's, Creative Visualization, I read each of them in one day (different days, tho!) at the beach! Shoulda reapplied sunscreen. Ouch! I ended up taking The Silva Method course and it truly changed my life. I'm looking at one of the results right now...the ocean outside my living room! Law of attraction? I'm a believer!

Comment

Yep! I'll also add The Silva Method. I was so fascinated by that book and Shakti Gawain's, Creative Visualization, I read each of them in one day (different days, tho!) at the beach! Shoulda reapplied sunscreen. Ouch! I ended up taking The Silva Method course and it truly changed my life. I'm looking at one of the results right now...the ocean outside my living room! Law of attraction? I'm a believer!
                    Yes, I can honestly say that Gawain's books changed my life years ago. Just saw the Secret guy "Canfield" charming man didn't know he was the Chicken Soup dude. He is an excellent speaker and kind of a humble guy. Canfield's thing is "ask - believe - receive" It was kind of a refresher course for me ~ really empowering my Hawaii move...hoping to join you with the ocean outside my window very soon – life is such a blessing I give thanks to the Universe every morning.

Comment

I bought the DVD on a friend's recommendation, and I love it.
                      I had applied it to my life with positive results, previous to seeing the DVD, so I know it works.
                      Like I said,ecific ideas I had in my mind that materialized, so I know it works.
                      The challenge, is channeling it for what you want.

I definitely believe in the law of attraction, as described in this movie.
                      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

The main thing I remember about EST is having to go to the bathroom and not being allowed to leave the room because the trainer said it was a cop- out..
                        from what I remember - if you would have told the trainer that you were "choosing" to go to the bathroom, they would probably have held the door open for you & also let you back in

The reason I mentioned EST is that a lot of that training was about "choosing" to have certain things in your life - whether it was money, a job, a romance, whatever. If you choose to be a loser - that's what you'll be. If you choose success, you can create success. I think that compares to this new stuff about attraction - to me, it seems pretty much the same principle.

I "chose" not to pay the $350 for the training but went to every free seminar that I could - a lot of the stuff sunk in & I still use the teachings some 30 odd years later.

I don't knock any of this empowerment training & after reading everything here, I'm certainly going to look into the DVD.

BTW - George Lucas was an EST grad. Makes you look at the early "Star Wars" episodes in a whole new way!
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

from what I remember - if you would have told the trainer that you were "choosing" to go to the bathroom, they would probably have held the door open for you & also let you back in

LOL

Interesting about Lucas - he lives in the Bay Area and is probably one of the most unassuming "famous" people I've ever seen...very kind and very open to his fans so that says alot about EST...
                          to me, it seems pretty much the same principle.
                          There is definately something to be said about "universal truth" I think it is all much the same principle - guess that's what makes it "truth". Different cultures have different ways of presenting it.

Comment

If you went through the training, you can really appreciate Yoda, in the swamp with Luke who was "trying" to raise his fighter out the water. and Yoda, telling him - Not try Luke, DO!

I always laugh when I see that scene. Yoda sits on top of my computer right now - he is my little green hero.

and I agree with you about Lucas - he always seemed like a very nice, humble man.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I was waiting for the punch line, Craig! But, hey, you're serious! Very cool. Next time make sure Brenda asks for an even bigger salary!

Is she commuting 5 days a week? :
                              She is commuting almost twice a week back and forth so far. One thing is about asking for things is that we try not to ask for too much. Remember that story of the Fisherman's Wife? She asked for too much and finally got nothing.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X