March Madness 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Madness 2007

The 2007 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament is well underway, this weekend cementing the "Sweet Sixteen."

South:
    • Ohio State (1) vs. Tennessee (5)
    • Memphis (2) vs. Texas A&M (3)
    West:
    • Kansas (1) vs. Southern Illinois (4)
    • UCLA (2) vs. Pittsburgh (3)
    East:
    • North Carolina (1) vs. Southern California (5)
    • Georgetown (2) vs. Vanderbilt (6)
    Midwest:
    • Florida (1) vs. Butler (5)
    • Oregon (3) vs. UNLV (7)

In a week, we'll be down to the final four! Any predictions?

Re: March Madness 2007

In the money pool I do with my family and friends, my brackets already busted, after Texas, Louisville and Washington State went down. I had WSU going all the way to the finals, just because I thought I'd support Derrick Low. Damnit.

Oh well. At least he had a good game.

I watch more NBA than college bball (other than UH, of course), but here's my predictions:
    South:
    Ohio State (1) vs. Tennessee (5) - OSU.
    Memphis (2) vs. Texas A&M (3) - Texas A&M.

West:
    Kansas (1) vs. Southern Illinois (4) - Kansas.
    UCLA (2) vs. Pittsburgh (3) - UCLA

East:
    North Carolina (1) vs. Southern California (5) - Tarheels
    Georgetown (2) vs. Vanderbilt (6) - Georgetown

Midwest:
    Florida (1) vs. Butler (5) - Butler
    Oregon (3) vs. UNLV (7) - UNLV

My guess for the Final Four is: UCLA, UNLV, OSU and Georgetown.
    Championship game: UNLV vs Georgetown
    Winner: Georgetown

Comment

I have a feeling I shoulda rode G-town a bit harder. I love Big East basketball.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

In an informal, low-stakes pool some friends and I have, I've got Georgetown over Kansas in the finals. I'm still alive.

I picked 27 of 32 winners in round 1, and I got 11 of 16 in round 2. I really need Florida to take the Midwest, since Wisconsin's elimination has me toasted in the other half of that regional. Otherwise, I'm in great shape and holding at two points behind the leader going into the Sweet Sixteen.

Let's go, Hoyas!
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm basically busted, but still have a long shot as all four of my Final Four picks are still alive. Memphis, UCLA, Georgetown, Florida. Finals: UCLA over Georgetown

Comment

Whoohoo!!! I picked 25 of 32 winners in round 1, and I got 12 of 16 in round 2. Not bad for someone who doesn’t pay attention to non-WAC teams, until the end of the UH season.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Great games today, especially that Ohio State vs. Tennessee matchup! I got all of today's games, so I'm still rolling. Of course, all of today's favorites won, so I'm sure I'm not the only one.

How does your office (or whatever) score the pool? In mine, it's 1 point for first-round games, 2 points for second-round, 4 for sweet sixteen, 8 for final eight, 16 for final four, and 32 for picking the champion. This means I scored sixteen points today.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Very minor (but worth it) thread drift here, since this item is about Division II.

I came across this on the Sports Illustrated site today. Had an extra 3 minutes so I did watch the video it mentions, and you sports fans have gotta see it! :

"Fantastic finish: If you can't wait until Saturday's Final Four, here's a little basketball to tide you over. If you haven't seen the end of last Saturday's Division II championship game, please take three minutes and 34 seconds out of your day to watch the clip. Trust me, it's worth it. Anthony Atkins of Barton (N.C.) College scored 10 points in the final 39 seconds, including a lay-up at the buzzer, as Barton overcame a seven-point deficit in the final 45.6 seconds for a 77-75 win over defending champs Winona State. The latter had carried a 57-game winning streak into the game."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                X