UH Football: Another day passed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Football: Another day passed...

...And we still don't have a complete schedule.

Not that this should deter you from buying tickets, or does it?

What say you?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: [UH Football] Another day passed...

I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years. While I will renew my tickets, it is with disgust and disdain for the actions and attitudes of Herman Frazier, whose appointment as Athletic Director I initially applauded with great hopes for the future.

Mr. Frazier's recent actions in regard to the football schedule has been replete with arrogance, stonewalling, and outright lying to the fans and general public from which the fan base and UH boosters are derived. He has been less than candid about the status of the schedule and the difficulties he has apparently encountered. Instead of being truthful about his own procrastination and asking for help from others like coach June Jones, he has stubbornly insisted that things are under control and that the completed schedule is "just around the corner."

It becomes apparent with each passing day that things are NOT under control. All we get are more excuses and new deadlines always being pushed back, with blame spread around others, not himself.

He has further alienated us with the appointment of the new men's basketball coach. The way he forced out Riley Wallace was not well-received, and neither is his apparent decision NOT to give associate coach Bob Nash more than lip service regarding a fair shot at the job.

Local people can be very forgiving IF they are told the truth. Mr. Frazier would do well to NOT try to snow us with lies and excuses. Play it straight and we'll understand and forgive. Just don't play us for fools or try to do it again.

Comment

What about those schools that asked AD Frazier to hold off the schedule announcement? Is this a common practice/ploy found in the mainland? I know UH deserve to compete with some of the schools from those "elitist" conferences but if the mainland schools want to give us 'tudes and disses, screw them?

And if we screw them, would mainland-based NCAA organization are going to look down at us even more? Personally, I hate kow-towing to them.

Comment

I had been a season ticket holder for almost 30 years, but we didn't renew for the 2006 season for a variety of reasons, so last year was my withdrawl year [which included my shock and disdain for the pay-for-view pricing]. UH has always had a problem with firming up their schedule, but this year takes the cake. In previous years, they always sent out renewal offers AFTER the schedule was confirmed. This year is different. I don't know why. And that bothers me.

Comment

Hmm. Maybe I should change the thread title to, "Another week passed..."

Is Herman Frazier done? I mean the schedule, not his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            Hmm. Maybe I should change the thread title to, "Another week passed..."

Is Herman Frazier done? I mean the schedule, not his job.
            No word from lower campus on the status of the schedule. If it doesn't get done pretty soon, Mr Frazier will be DONE. He deserves to get FIRED!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
              No word from lower campus on the status of the schedule. If it doesn't get done pretty soon, Mr Frazier will be DONE. He deserves to get FIRED!
              I withheld judgement until now, but at this point I have to agree with oceanpacific. Rather then worry about a second I-AA team (which he apparently did), Frazier should have been worrying about this team. Now it looks like the Warriors’ options are slim to none.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

We'll beat any DI-AA or D-II school that dares come to the Islands!

Mid-majors for life!
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

There's a rumor that Frazer is going to fill that open date by having UH play Kahuku.

Not.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

So today, Herman Frazier decides to make an announcement about the season opener against a team we already knew UH would be playing. Still no word on the team that will fill the final spot, and whether or not it will even be a Division I team.

I wonder if the media will grow some balls and attend Frazier’s legislative briefing next week. They should ask him point blank how he justifies this unprecedented delay in finalizing the Warriors’ schedule.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Man, this is a joke. I don't think we'll ever get a 13-game schedule, not if Frazier can pull this out of his ... 'okole.

I think this is a karmic payback for nudging Riley Wallace out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                        Man, this is a joke. I don't think we'll ever get a 13-game schedule, not if Frazier can pull this out of his ... 'okole.

I think this is a karmic payback for nudging Riley Wallace out the door.
                        This is what we can expect from Frazier. More stone-walling, lying, deception, and failure. His dereliction of duty is the worse I've ever seen at Manoa, even more than the time UH got put on probation by the NCAA.

We would have been better off with:

1) Hugh Yoshida at the helm;
                        2) June Jones handling the schedule.

Comment

So just to recap the latest announcements from your friendly neighborhood Herman Frazier...

1. I still didn’t sign a 13th team

2. I already told the state legislature (concerned about my creative accounting, star quarterback complaints about a soap shortage, and basketball coaching changes) that the absolute final day to sign a team would be the last day of May

3. In order to cover my ass, I am announcing a 12-game schedule - including a Div. I-AA opponent that won’t count towards bowl consideration, because I scheduled two Div. I-AA opponents.

4. I’m extending the date until June 6 to sign a 13th team, just in case of a miracle, but officially it’s 12 (see point #3)

Did I miss anything? Auwe no ho‘i.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                            We would have been better off with:

1) Hugh Yoshida at the helm;
                            2) June Jones handling the schedule.
                            Not so sure about this. Yes, the buck stops with Frazer, because that's his job. I don't know that Jones would have been more successful with the scheduling. There's really no way to know how he would have done after a season like Manoa's in 2006.

Truth is, it really isn't of any great benefit to any competitive team to come to Hawaii this year: Nobody knows what to expect, and the home-team advantage is huge for any team, let alone a team whose crowd is as drunken, crude, and hostile toward visitors as ours. Teams more concerned with finances than with wins and losses might consider the NCAA exemption worthwile, but who's got room left in a schedule this late into the year?
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Most football schedules are finalized two or three seasons in advance. The excuse that McChicken State "weaseled out" only accounts for ONE game! What about the other THREE slots? The facts are that Frazier dilly-dallied and procrastinated, claiming that he had four teams "in his back pocket" and could have four signed contracts anytime.

The fact is that we never had this kind of problem with so many open slots this late. Frazier is a LAZY *SS AD who over-estimated the value of his alleged "contacts." Instead, we have found that he has virtually no "juice" to make good on his promises.

Comment

Working...
                              X