X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to potty train ...

Anyone have any recommendations?
    We have a son.

I tried looking around and found some stories about potty training but nothing on some of the methods done to accomplish it.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: how to potty train ...

Not an expert but having a 3 and 4 yr old both boys who are potty trained.
    I like Dr. Phil's Method. 1 day potty training.

But for my boys...well, I just waited until they were ready and they did it in one day anyways.

My Justice I was kidding when he just turned 3 and said "You know mommy would lik eit if you would poopy in the potty! Mommy is tired of diapers!" He turned to me and said "NO I like to poop in my diaper!"
    I took the diaper off that minute and we never went poopy outside of the potty again. NO underwear though because he would feel lik eit was a diaper...Both boys went commmando until they were fully potty trained.
    BUT I was home to monitor that.
    Daycare is another story!

Gage though...he was tougher...he would go in the corner and go. He would always pee in the potty but #2 somewhere hidden.
    So we taped a diaper on him for a while....until the stares became unbearable...then one day I caught him and ran him into the bathroom...and clapped and hugged and kissed and called daddy at work (similiar to dr. Phil's method). He has always used potty since then.

But both were just ready themselves and both were 3. Gage was 3 and 3 months. Boys don't get the feelings as early as girls.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
      Anyone have any recommendations?
      We have a son.[...]
      Let his wife deal with it!

j/k! That was a family joke 'cuz my brother took fooooooooorever!

Comment

Kid 1 decided to finger paint her bedroom with brown doots. Yes, the Rocket Scientist. So I took away all of her toys and told her that everytime she used the potty, she'd get a toy back. That was Friday. By Sunday she had them all back and never got in a diaper again.

Kid 2 was quite resistant. Take my toys? So what! I'll play with Big Sister's! So this was challenging. One day she woke up and got on the potty and did her business and that was it. She was 3, maybe 3 and a half. Let me say that it took weeks of begging to get her to do this. But Kid 2 is on her own schedule and damn if she was going to let you think it was your idea she'd sit on the pot for an M&M.

Good luck. I think boys might be a different sort of tale.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Make the bathroom a fun place, with a seat for Daddy (a stool or something)

Get books and puzzles and use the time to teach.

Don't hide from them when you go potty.

Start early. As soon as my daughter could sit up, she was on the toilet. Never had to change a doo doo diaper after the 9th month.

Don't listen to the experts who say you should wait. They all love to change diapers.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Two girls, two potty training experiences.

I was determined that they be potty trained during the summer. One was born in September, the other in January, about two-and-a-half years apart.

No peepee poopoo panties in the winter, if I could help it.

I set up a lovely evacuation plan. Plastic potty, box of tissues, reading material (the "Poky Little Puppy" Little Golden Storybook was a favorite, IIRC). Like the real thing, only smaller. Stationed just outside the bathroom, as the bathroom was too tiny to accommodate two toilets.

Lots of praise for successful dumps, including my waxing ecstatic with every squat, squirt, splash, and splat.

They got to pick out special Big Girl panties. They did good and they were so pleased with themselves. I was pleased, too. There is nothing worse than peeling off a snowsuit full of peepee poopoo.

Take heart. They will learn when they are ready. Almost no one goes to their senior prom wearing diapers.

Comment

Our kid was "trained" as an infant. Cannot say potty trained as kids that young cannot sit. Grandma used to reserve times of day and hold her over the potty, often making noises like mm, mm. Well, at 8 mos our daughter was perfectly potty trained and saying mm, mm whenever she needed to go potty. Thanks, grandma!

Comment

I have three children. I can't remember how I potty trained dem. I have two grandchildren. Antonio is ready to be trained. I'm not ready to train him...I lazy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll leave it to his parents.

I rather change diapers cause I no can smell anyways!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVoLz88hiU

What more can I say?!

Comment

my middle child was interesting... he would go in the pot when it was good for him an the diaper when he was feeling lazy....finnally tired of that I made a big deal out of taking him to buy some diapers(small pack) telling him all thru the store that when those are gone I wasnt gonna buy anymore. every tiime I had to change a diaper that when those were gone then hed have to be a big boy....well at the end of the pack he really didnt belive me and beggged me to go get more... LOL I told him nope hes a big boy he knows how to use the potty.... he had probly 3-5 accidents and then no more.... now hes 5 an occasionally if he is very distracted he will have a opsie but that just goes with the territory.
                    now I have a 2 yr old coming up on it.... then pau no more diapers
                    Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

There may be these perfect kids and perfect parents who can potty train at infancy and it's great but for most of us slackers...you just relax and it happens when it happens.

Very cute story kaneohegirl....giggles in my day!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I have no sure ways to get the job done when it comes to potty training because every kid is different, also boys a bit more tough to train (it seems) than girls. I have one of those mothers that was on me constantly by the day after they were one and a half saying, "You kids were ALL trained by now, you need to start training them."

No real success happened for me until a few months after two years old with either boy. Older son was a pain in da okole and gave me real issues but was finally completely "trained" by 3. Yes, that means over a year of potty training and tears a flowing during toddler temper tantrums over it. I promised myself I wouldn't stress out me or my poor bebes over the damn potty ever again. Boy 2 did it on his own within a day or two at 2.5 years old, no pilikia!

Books in bathroom did not work with my boys. They would give it back to me and ask me to let them go sit on the couch so I can read it to them.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

it was about consistency for us. Once we started, we didn't stop. Bought those old fashioned tri-panel white unisex briefs that have been around since our parents were babies, so that each kid could learn what it felt like to be wet/soiled, which paper diapers mask too well, and let's face it, that's the feeling that they've been accumstomed to since birth. Learned to deal with accidents. Talked potty all the time. Stepped up on making frequent trips to the bathroom. Sat in the bathroom and talked potty while the kid was acquainting him/herself with the potty.

pax

Comment

This reminds me. My girls each developed a mental map of every public toilet on Oahu, from Wal-Mart in Mililani, Costco Ka Uka, Lowe's, Home Depot in Iwilei, Sears, and every McDs. Sometimes I longed for the diaper days. Similar to the urgent key-in-lock syndrome.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Just remember...once they're out of diapers during the day, keep them out during the night, too. Use a plastic sheet. Cause if you don't they will wet the bed forever.
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X