The Ghost Tour Bus - 04/21/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ghost Tour Bus - 04/21/07

This is a borderline post between announcements and selling. Not quite sure if money will be made, but it will cost $$. What's happening is that Lopaka Kapanui will have a "Ghost Tour Bus", where one part of the trip will be to Morgan's Corner. More information here;

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1174566475

I've been to Morgan's corner back in 1979 with 2 other friends. We drove through when the entire road was open. Depends where you consider the entrance. We started from the Castle Junction opening, and made our way through the dark tree tunnels till we exited out the Pali Golf course. The drive alone was scary as hell. Dark = no can see the sky due to the tree branch cover.

Heebie Jeebies abound.

Below...Morgan's Corner picture from the Honolulu Star Bulletin

http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Re: The Ghost Tour Bus - 04/21/07

Lopaka took over for Glen Grant when Glen passed away a few years ago. Glen was famous for his Obake Tales and his tours of haunted places. It appears you're setting up a special tour. Sounds hauntingly fun!

Comment

Re: The Ghost Tour Bus - 04/21/07

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Lopaka took over for Glen Grant when Glen passed away a few years ago. Glen was famous for his Obake Tales and his tours of haunted places. It appears you're setting up a special tour. Sounds hauntingly fun!
      That was the name that has escaped me...I knew Lopaka wasn't the only one that had a book out on Hawaiian Legends.

There was a time, back in the day that story telling was the form of entertainment on a Saturday night. Today, we're all subjected to TV, Movies, and the like...most visual and generally less impacting as you really don't use imagination of your noodle.

I recall one of my Boy Scout advisor's, Mr. Wilfred Morikawa, who was also a teacher at King Intermediate in the mid 70's. His Hawaiian Legend stories were wicked. If he is still alive, that would be someone you'd want to write a book.

Anyway, I've dated myself.

ER
      http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Working...
      X