Icon Sport Events ~ Ultimate Fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Sport Events ~ Ultimate Fighting

K-den. Anybody went to see Icon's Sport event this past Friday at the Neal S. Blaisdell Arena? I went and although I dislike any form of Combat Fighting due to personal reasons ~ I actually enjoyed myself. In fact, I was shouting and punching my fists in the air like everyone around me.

It was a night of animal instincts. It was a night of watching brutal and cruel combat at it's best. Yeah! It was awesome! Shame on me...but I loved every minute of the action!

Ultimate fighting is here to stay. Unfortunately, I feel for those who fight. At anytime their careers can come to an end. All for a chance of money and fame.

And onnada thing. The prices were HIGH! Ring side was $150.00! The lowest was $40.00. Still the place was packed.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; April 2, 2007, 12:56 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Icon Sport Events ~ Ultimate Fighting

If you have a chance, rent the dvd Shadow Boxer which is a documentary on women in boxing. It isn't exactly "Fight Club for Chicks", but there is something to be said about the beauty that lies within the feral, and while I've yet to read a poet's take on precisely this last point, documentaries like SB, along with movies like Fight Club and 300 touch on it.

Some websites I enjoy for the same inspiration:

www.gymjones.com (click on their videos)
    www.crossfit.com

pax

Comment

I was there for the Bulletin (it was Saturday night). Alas, transmission woes stopped me from sending photos from the main event (I was able to e-mail some photos from the undercard -- http://starbulletin.com/2007/04/01/sports/story05.html. Hopefully I'll be able to get better photos in print later this week.

The Trigg/Lawler fight was a toe-to-toe slugging match.

A lot of blood was spilled in the ring that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        If you have a chance, rent the dvd Shadow Boxer which is a documentary on women in boxing. It isn't exactly "Fight Club for Chicks", but there is something to be said about the beauty that lies within the feral, and while I've yet to read a poet's take on precisely this last point, documentaries like SB, along with movies like Fight Club and 300 touch on it.

Some websites I enjoy for the same inspiration:

www.gymjones.com (click on their videos)
        www.crossfit.com
        Mahalo Tita Pua'i Mana'o! I'll check it out. I never fought in the ring.heheheh But I did help promote Professional Boxing once upon a time in Hawai'i. I was dubbed by Steve Lum of The Hawaii Sporting News as Hawaii's first lady of boxing. I no kid you.

Originally posted by dick View Post
        I was there for the Bulletin (it was Saturday night).

The Trigg/Lawler fight was a toe-to-toe slugging match.
        Oooops! My Bad. It was SATURDAY!

Yep! At the end...it was like in Rome. Everyone standing. Waiting to give their thumbs down foa the kill. Trigg unable to move. Lawler like a Lion ready to claim his VICTORY!

I love it!!!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
        X