PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 - Who plays this?

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 3rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Folks,

Just a ping to see who on HT plays BF2142. My handle is "ExhaultedRuler", and I play on any server that has FF ON and focuses on teamplay.

Post your handle please and we can probably squad up on a server.

My current rank is here;
http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1174438961

For those of you that don't know what BF2142 is...visit
http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142

DaFerret
April 3rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
I had it, but didn't know which server to join. And being pretty nub and out of practice, I was always a little leery in choosing a server.

If I ever re-install it, I'll keep ya in mind and maybe you can help break me in. :) I really think that assault type mode is novel.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
I had it, but didn't know which server to join. And being pretty nub and out of practice, I was always a little leery in choosing a server.

If I ever re-install it, I'll keep ya in mind and maybe you can help break me in. :) I really think that assault type mode is novel.

Well, I've been jumping on any available server. My first choices are easy maps like "Belgrade", "Cebere Landing", and "Fall of Berlin". I'm still learning the ropes, and strategies for these maps.

If you're a noob...best to practice with bots...because the guys online will rail you. This is my 4th week playing. The first 2 weeks, I've been practicing with bots on the lowest level. Even then, they are hard. At least they give you time to think. Once you get into the multi-game, you gotta do a full 360 and figure out who's around you.

It's quite an impressive game, and way better than Counter_Strike. At least the BF2142 population works towards teamplay and TKs are not as abundant in CS.

Anyway, here are a few servers that I play on...

bandofbrothers
420killzone
KOS

There are others, but it depends who has the better connection at the time. Since there is no Hawaii server, you gotta make a trip to the mainland, "sometimes" that is a problem. But still decent playability. If you're using Road Runner, that will work out best for you. DSL...cross your fingers.

Hellbent
April 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I used to play. Im [SiC] Hellbent, ranked lieutenant gold or something. Havent played since January.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 5th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I used to play. Im [SiC] Hellbent, ranked lieutenant gold or something. Havent played since January.

How come you're not playing?

Hellbent
April 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM
bored. unlocked most of the unlocks. mostly i just jump into the chute on a titan and set c4 or claymore. i racked up most of my points this way. i played for 6 months or so. playing c&c3 now.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
bored. unlocked most of the unlocks. mostly i just jump into the chute on a titan and set c4 or claymore. i racked up most of my points this way. i played for 6 months or so. playing c&c3 now.

OIC...well, I haven't destroyed a Titan yet...Still playing with ground fire. I get more satisfaction giving headshots...hmm..that didn't sound right...anyway, you know what I mean :eek:

Hellbent
April 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I'm at home now and can link my score: Hellbent (http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/PlayerSummary.aspx?Lang=us&SrchName=&Profiles=&PID=81330261)
Warrant Officer Silver
I've been playing BF since 1942.
Did you learn how to fly yet?

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I'm at home now and can link my score: Hellbent (http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/PlayerSummary.aspx?Lang=us&SrchName=&Profiles=&PID=81330261)
Warrant Officer Silver
I've been playing BF since 1942.
Did you learn how to fly yet?

I can get into a chopper but haven't landed one efficiently. So far, I just bail out at a drop site. There is a need to practice that.

Hellbent
April 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
a joystick helps. and practice. once you realize that choppers fly on a vertical column of air, it helps. (tilt forward and imagine the downward push of air pushing you forward and giving you height).
go to walmart and buy the logitech $20 joystick and leave the box in the cart (haha)

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
a joystick helps. and practice. once you realize that choppers fly on a vertical column of air, it helps. (tilt forward and imagine the downward push of air pushing you forward and giving you height).
go to walmart and buy the logitech $20 joystick and leave the box in the cart (haha)

I actually have a flightstick in storage..perhaps a good idea...I'll go try that out.

Whitepoint3rchum
April 8th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Hehe, never made it to BF 2 from BFV. BF1942 was imo the best, with BFV having been fun primarily b/c of clanning (was in Synergy: [SYN] Foxtrot). Is anyone watching for Forgotten Hope 2? I won't be playing it due to the aforementioned detail, but it does look awesome! :)

islandguy
April 9th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I played battlefield 2 on the xbox 360, garbage glitchy game.

You can crash ANY SERVER you are playing on by doing the following:
(It will lag you, and everyone ELSE off the server, loosing all points!)

1. enter game on commie side (chinese) as a engineer
2. find a landmark you can find again easily (like your base!)
3. switch to rocket laucher, blow yourself up
4. enter game again as a chinese engineer
5. go to point 2 that you are supposed to remember
6. go to the kit/suitcase and shoot it ONCE with the shotgun
7. IMMEDIATLEY hit "y" to pick up suitcase and IMMEDIATELY shoot the dropping case/ground again....
8. repeat 7 over and over again until you lag out the server, usually takes LESS than 20 seconds

I have notified ea about this glitch, after having been a victim of this exploit aobut 100 times. They have done nothing to fix it. I make this public in an effort to FORCE ea to fix the glitch, because everyone will be doing it!

battlefield 2, glitch, hack, exploit

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 9th, 2007, 06:16 AM
I played battlefield 2 on the xbox 360, garbage glitchy game.

You can crash ANY SERVER you are playing on by doing the following:
(It will lag you, and everyone ELSE off the server, loosing all points!)

1. enter game on commie side (chinese) as a engineer
2. find a landmark you can find again easily (like your base!)
3. switch to rocket laucher, blow yourself up
4. enter game again as a chinese engineer
5. go to point 2 that you are supposed to remember
6. go to the kit/suitcase and shoot it ONCE with the shotgun
7. IMMEDIATLEY hit "y" to pick up suitcase and IMMEDIATELY shoot the dropping case/ground again....
8. repeat 7 over and over again until you lag out the server, usually takes LESS than 20 seconds

I have notified ea about this glitch, after having been a victim of this exploit aobut 100 times. They have done nothing to fix it. I make this public in an effort to FORCE ea to fix the glitch, because everyone will be doing it!

battlefield 2, glitch, hack, exploit

Xbox360? Hmmm...The computer has more control. Bummer on the hack.

Hellbent
April 12th, 2007, 01:07 PM
damn. i tried to join a game yesterday, but my bf2142 kept crashing. reinstalled and repatched too.
i just bought a 8800... i wonder whats wrong....

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM
damn. i tried to join a game yesterday, but my bf2142 kept crashing. reinstalled and repatched too.
i just bought a 8800... i wonder whats wrong....

You gotta kill all the background apps that are running... go to the Task Manager (you can run- taskmgr.exe) or press CTRL-ALT-DEL.

When you stop the processes of the applications, take notice of the ones that are under the username (those are the most common). Upon playing, I kill about 20 or so apps, it's humbug, but no crashes at all. Plus the system runs smoother as you have more resources available.

Hope that helps.

Hellbent
April 12th, 2007, 11:29 PM
yeah, im a computar tech...
i reinstalled again into a different directory after shutting down extra programs, works now. played some last night. add me to xfire as hellbent64 or the same name in 2142.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM
yeah, im a computar tech...
i reinstalled again into a different directory after shutting down extra programs, works now. played some last night. add me to xfire as hellbent64 or the same name in 2142.

I made an attempt to add "hellbent64" to the buddy list...but couldn't find ya'

bummer :eek:

Hellbent
April 13th, 2007, 01:04 PM
hmmmm
either its hellbent or i have to be online.
i forgot your avatar name and saw 'koloheokolehole' join in on a server and that it might have been you =p (just because it sounded like someone from hawaii)

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 13th, 2007, 01:12 PM
hmmmm
either its hellbent or i have to be online.
i forgot your avatar name and saw 'koloheokolehole' join in on a server and that it might have been you =p (just because it sounded like someone from hawaii)

Howz about "Exhaulted_Ruler"???? :rolleyes:

ewatada
April 13th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Howz about "Exhaulted_Ruler"???? :rolleyes:

Superman ideology VERY dualistic, so very untranscendental.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Superman ideology VERY dualistic, so very untranscendental.

Hmm...that was very loquacious in your venacular. :D

Hellbent
April 14th, 2007, 12:28 AM
i think a plane flew over my head...

Hellbent
April 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM
hey, ER, get xfire. from www.xfire.com - its an IM that is centered around games. when we're both logged on you can see what server I am on, and with 1 click, start 2142, login, and join server!
after you install it, just add me, hellbent64
check out my screen shots (http://www.xfire.com/profile/hellbent64/)
(scroll down and click for bigger pic) 1081 points in one game, baby!

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 15th, 2007, 05:49 PM
hey, ER, get xfire. from www.xfire.com - its an IM that is centered around games. when we're both logged on you can see what server I am on, and with 1 click, start 2142, login, and join server!
after you install it, just add me, hellbent64
check out my screen shots (http://www.xfire.com/profile/hellbent64/)
(scroll down and click for bigger pic) 1081 points in one game, baby!

Wow!...I'm still figuring out how to approach and destroy the Titan without getting killed.. my obstacle is the getting aboard via an APC..yikes. Anyway, ,I just strolled in today with Warrant Officer Gold...and I'm going to take a break till tomorrow night... Let me see how that x-fire works...cuz I try to keep my system clean as possible. Most times, I hunt a server that I can play as commander and stick there. The points rack up way fast, just that you have to think harder. Oh well.

Hellbent
April 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well, you can pod drop from an APC if you spawn/are near a titan in one. Or you can fly over in a plane (if theres good defenders tho, you might get shot down if you have a noob pilot - 2 AA guns on top of the titan provide 360' coverage - take down these turrets with a attack plane if possible, or blow it up with demo if you land near it)
You can also spawn on titan if your squad leader drops a respawn beacon.
I like to camp the drop-in chutes on the 2nd tier with C4 and claymores. A very cheesy tactic but it gets me lots of kills and makes good defense sense. Paired with a squadmate who will watch your back and resupply you you both score points!
Funny story - one guy kept trying to drop in thru the chute I was guarding and kept getting blown up. He made all this noise in chat about how I cheat and blah blahblah and tried to kill me for the next 50 minutes. I got bored and left.
The next day we're on the same team, in the same squad and he starts camping the chute =p

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Well, you can pod drop from an APC if you spawn/are near a titan in one. Or you can fly over in a plane (if theres good defenders tho, you might get shot down if you have a noob pilot - 2 AA guns on top of the titan provide 360' coverage - take down these turrets with a attack plane if possible, or blow it up with demo if you land near it)
You can also spawn on titan if your squad leader drops a respawn beacon.
I like to camp the drop-in chutes on the 2nd tier with C4 and claymores. A very cheesy tactic but it gets me lots of kills and makes good defense sense. Paired with a squadmate who will watch your back and resupply you you both score points!
Funny story - one guy kept trying to drop in thru the chute I was guarding and kept getting blown up. He made all this noise in chat about how I cheat and blah blahblah and tried to kill me for the next 50 minutes. I got bored and left.
The next day we're on the same team, in the same squad and he starts camping the chute =p

Well, I'm trying to figure out how to eject out of the APC...I use right-click...sometimes it works, sometimes it dont'...so is there a special position that I need to be in? If I jump in to the APC by myself, I become the driver...and then I can't eject. Unless, I'm NOT in the right vehicle. As for the Titan tips...I need to play more..The bummer side on this is that when I do play, the action is choppy and it's hard to shoot.

Hellbent
April 16th, 2007, 12:36 PM
you cant eject as driver. press f1-f8 to switch positions in any vehicle. im not sure the turret guy can eject either. but any of the other positions can eject.

What kind of cpu/video card/ISP do you have?

Sadly, because of the way EA has set up server hosting, there are no ranked EA servers of any sort in Hawaii. An aquantance applied to host EA servers thru his company and the requirements they wanted were ridiculous. Hence no Hawaii servers. I usually ping about 90 to the closest ones tho - fairly playable.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 16th, 2007, 12:47 PM
you cant eject as driver. press f1-f8 to switch positions in any vehicle. im not sure the turret guy can eject either. but any of the other positions can eject.

What kind of cpu/video card/ISP do you have?

Sadly, because of the way EA has set up server hosting, there are no ranked EA servers of any sort in Hawaii. An aquantance applied to host EA servers thru his company and the requirements they wanted were ridiculous. Hence no Hawaii servers. I usually ping about 90 to the closest ones tho - fairly playable.

Oh wow!!! The Magic information!! I didn't know you can switch positions. OK...problem is then solved..thanks!

I have a P4 2.4ghz with 1gig ram, NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS with 512mb. When I play the titan mode, that's when it gets screwy. As for the EA Hawaii Server..I was contemplating forking over dough for a co-lo system at NETGS, which includes a brand new Intel Duo-Core... The drawback is that admin on the system is a lot of work, and you have to play play play..which may not be good for me as I have my business to run.

We've run several servers before, such as Quake2, Unreal Tournament2, and Counter-Strike...so admin is not unfamiliar territory...just lots of work.

Hellbent
April 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM
you could co-lo at netgs, but it wouldnt be a ranked server. unless somethings changed since last i heard. if you could throw up a ranked ea sanctioned server, i might play again, and i bet youd get alot of traffic. the game is not new anymore tho. alot of the other ppl i used to play with dont play anymore either.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 16th, 2007, 03:42 PM
you could co-lo at netgs, but it wouldnt be a ranked server. unless somethings changed since last i heard. if you could throw up a ranked ea sanctioned server, i might play again, and i bet youd get alot of traffic. the game is not new anymore tho. alot of the other ppl i used to play with dont play anymore either.

Here's the scoops...my Damien 81' High School classmate is a network engineer for EA...I just emailed him my intention and I am currently waiting a reply... Ooh..hopefully strings can be pulled. :)

Hellbent
April 16th, 2007, 09:49 PM
last i heard, and this was awhile ago, EA wanted 10 servers donated to be sanctioned. then they wanted 1 additional server per each you sell.
this is the reason why slots cost $6-8 each.
but i bet they change their tune, alot less servers nowadays.

i doubt a network engineer can do much with marketing, but good luck!

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM
last i heard, and this was awhile ago, EA wanted 10 servers donated to be sanctioned. then they wanted 1 additional server per each you sell.
this is the reason why slots cost $6-8 each.
but i bet they change their tune, alot less servers nowadays.

i doubt a network engineer can do much with marketing, but good luck!

Anything is possible...just have to ask. Besides I got 10 RETAIL copies of BF2142 from him. :D So that I can build up a 808 BF2142 following.

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1171417941

In the writing it says that I have given away 2...but before that I passed out 7 more and 1 of them was mine. :)

Stay tuned.

Hellbent
April 17th, 2007, 08:06 AM
yeah, by all means, go ahead and ask. a ranked hawaii server would be great.

Hellbent
April 25th, 2007, 08:52 PM
any news on that server? i tried to add you in 2142, but you have to be online.
i ranked up yesterday. WO gold now.
hit me up on xfire.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 26th, 2007, 01:24 AM
any news on that server? i tried to add you in 2142, but you have to be online.
i ranked up yesterday. WO gold now.
hit me up on xfire.

I got a negative on my EA friend. So I wrote EA support, and waiting for a response.

I just turned 2nd Lieutenant Silver...500pts away from the next level. My playtime is usually after 9pm....but not consistant due to work.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 26th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Here's my EA response...sound bonehead and automated to me....
------------------------------
I would like to setup a Ranked server here in Hawaii. Currently, there is non...

Discussion Thread
Customer 04/26/2007 12:29 PM
Sorry Brian,

This doesn't satisfy my request. We're physically seperated by 3000 miles from Continental US, and even further from Europe.

If you've ever played the game, it's tolerable 80% of the time due to significantly latency. Even worse when you're playing a Titan map.

As a player this is what we experience in HAWAII!!!

As a business person, I can see some potential to become a RANKED partner affiliate here in the Pacific. EA has NOBODY.

As a customer, I believe that the game is great, however, due to the BF2142 mechanics, and the way rewards (awards, unlocks, special features) which are handled by the EA master servers, enjoying the game in single player mode is worthless after building player efficiency. The user must play multiplayer to gain those perks.

For the Hawaii BF2142 players to be competitive, we need a RANKED server physically stationed here. Whether it will be a single server or part of a complex partner affiliate program. If the plans for EA is NOT to have the latter, at the very least, a request for an exception to a single server solution.

Surely, it will build more gaming recognition to the EA BF series brand.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Irwin
------------------------------------------------
Response (Brian S.) 04/26/2007 09:13 AM Hello Irwin and thank you for expressing interest in Battlefield 2142!

To earn Rank you must play on an Official Ranked Server. These are hosted by Electronic Arts and Affiliates. (Unfortunately, our wait list is currently full for Affiliates and we are no longer seeking additional partners beyond those that have already joined us.)

Although you may not be able to host your own Official Ranked Server, or be a Partner you may rent an Official Ranked Server from Electronic Arts or an Affiliate that will ensure stability and security and provide you or your Clan a place to play.

US & European Server Rental Program page
http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/www/

The Battlefield Hosting website has further information concerning rented servers:
http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/www/faq/

You may also use this site to rent a server:
https://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/order/index1.asp

If you have already rented a server and require assistance with this server, you may request support through the support page for Battlefield Hosting. Only rented server support will be given; game support is not offered.
http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/www/support/

Again, thanks for your interest in Battlefield 2142

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

Brian S.
EA Customer Support

------------------------------------------------
Customer 04/25/2007 03:32 PM
I would like to setup a Ranked server here in Hawaii. Currently, there is none, and for any Hawaii player, we suffer significant latency.

Would there be an exception allowed for this? And what would be the requirements?

Thank you,

Irwin P.K. Santos
ISLE Computer Consulting

Hellbent
April 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM
i dont think you can achieve anything by going to customer service. you have to contact some sort of business service dept. and of course you would probably have to have a server farm =p
as i mentioned, a friend over at hurricane tried a year ago and walked away.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 26th, 2007, 11:20 AM
i dont think you can achieve anything by going to customer service. you have to contact some sort of business service dept. and of course you would probably have to have a server farm =p
as i mentioned, a friend over at hurricane tried a year ago and walked away.

Yep...but you have to start someplace...and I do have a serverfarm. :)

8 webservers (hosting 175+ web sites), 2 Email servers, 3 Ftp dedicated servers, with the capability to add more. i can also colo a system at OC or Netgs if need be.

Persistence does pay off...so we'll keep hammering at this.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Here are my 2 recent additions...
http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1170976446

Hellbent
April 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
wow, cool. got a link for website hosting? i used to rent a raq4 from ev1servers for $100/mo, i might need to rent a small space in the future.

i think i didnt get you added on because i forgot the U in your name...

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM
wow, cool. got a link for website hosting? i used to rent a raq4 from ev1servers for $100/mo, i might need to rent a small space in the future.

i think i didnt get you added on because i forgot the U in your name...

My servers are actually for present client accounts that I build sites for. Not that I would turn away business from a simple host...just that you probably want all the features like FTP,etc. Here I only have internal access, and have my clients run their updates through me...(make more money that way cuz I'm an opportunist :) i.e. "greedy bastid")

If your site is "set and forget"...then maybe I can work out something reasonable for you....but if you need to always self-update, I'm afraid that I'm not your solution. Got a site you have in mind?

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 27th, 2007, 01:11 PM
@Hellbent...OK..got you buddied up....but I may not play till late tonight...and then sometime on Sunday...

Anyway, here's the continuing attempt to plug at EA....

------------------------
Customer
Hey Brian,

Aside from complaining to God, nothing is impossible. Who would be the person to contact? Please advise.

Thank you,

Irwin

Response (Brian S.) 04/27/2007 03:56 PM
Hello Irwin,

Irwin, I understand your argument 100%, but unfortunately our Battlefield Team are no longer seeking additional partner servers. Decisions made above me have been made to no longer accept applications for servers. If you find a server we can definitely add your IPs, but unfortunately we do not have the power to persuade our BF2142 Team to open applications again for ranked servers. I apologize for any inconveniences. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Thank you for contacting EA Customer Support!

Brian S.
EA Customer Support

Customer 04/27/2007 12:26 PM
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply. Yet, there needs to be something more definitive, whether it will happen or not. Should it be the case that it does happen....timeframe of implementation? Else, I would like to know otherwise...say someone asks me if how I like BF2142...I would say it's a great game...but don't look for any kind of longevity for Hawaii players. Which is true, because the real gamer will be dissappointed as I am.

Technically, it doesn't take much to setup an UNRANKED server. Server app is here; (link to server app removed)

and you need a server to handle with decent bandwidth.

I've hosted other Multiplayer games before, such as Quake, Unreal Tournament, and Counter-Strike. The lifespan of these games are 2 years before you retire them. CS is one of those rare games, but I dropped playing it due to BF2142. I can see BF2142 still in action 2 years from now...and if EA's plan is to wait till then...that would be a loss.

Personally, I would like to run my own server. As for costs & licensing...well let's see the information. It needs to be feasible first to fathom the price, as this would be an extra curricular passion of entertainment.

Hawaii does have gamers...you build it and they will come...

With the above said, I can only envision that this is more an administrative & political debacle than anything else.

Perhaps you can provide a contact phone number and/or email address of someone that I can talk to in person, please?

Thank you,

Irwin

Response (Brian S.) 04/27/2007 08:33 AM
Hello Irwin,

I understand your frustration on every level Irwin and our team has addressed this issue with the game development team not to long ago. At this time, we still do not have further information regarding if any servers will make its way to Hawaii in the near future. I will address this issue with our Battlefield Team once again as I know how important it is to ensure we provide quality game play. Once we get more information we will update you. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Brian S.
EA Customer Support

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 27th, 2007, 01:31 PM
...and I just followed it up with this...

-------------------------
Customer 04/27/2007 04:29 PM
Sorry Brian, I'm sure you're restricted by the bounds of your position. However, I'm persistent....

What's the snail mail address of the following, including names of the department heads:

- EA President
- DICE President
- CEO
- Battlefield 2142 Team
- Customer Service
- Marketing
- Your Supervisor

Here is my contact information:

ISLE Computer Consulting
438 Hobron Lane, Suite V-5
Honolulu, HI 96815
Phone (808) 946-8107
FAX (808) 946-8108
Email: irwin@isle-cc.com

Irwin P.K. Santos
President

Response (Brian S.) 04/27/2007 04:18 PM
Hello Irwin,

I'm very sorry Irwin, but unfortunately there is no phone number available to contact regarding this issue. I have passed this along with our Battlefield Team to address your concern. At this time, I do not have further information to provide you and I apologize for any inconveniences. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Brian S.
EA Customer Support

Hellbent
April 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I was going to suggest you post on the EA forums (http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=216209), but apparently EA doesnt work there either.

Maybe you can ask your friend in EA to get you that info? Back it up with some number of players in Hawaii that play 2142 or used to play 2142 but due to lack of local servers, blah blah blah.

Really, I think its kind of warm already. They might have been working on server deployment last year, when the game came out, but its been out a year already... Still, I'd like to see a Hawaii server, so good luck!

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 27th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I was going to suggest you post on the EA forums (http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=216209), but apparently EA doesnt work there either.

My intention is to send a Certified Registered letter. It will cost a few bucks...I'll risk it.

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 30th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Good game last night...had to bail...as Mr. Sandman stopped by while I was Exalting my Rule on our poor opponents. Pretty bad for them, as they got raped with 267 tickets on our tab remaining. Oh well... :D

Let me figure out the X-Fire...give me a few days cuz my main $$ making machine is the one that I actually play on...so I have to be careful installing software. :eek:

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 30th, 2007, 02:13 AM
What's the advantage of using X-fire? When I'm in game, especially as Commander, I use the VOIP V or B..which works fine...the only thing that probably could work as a plus is if I communicate with Lone wolves.

Do you find it productive in BF2142?

Hellbent
April 30th, 2007, 12:01 PM
xfire is more then a IM client, with it, say im playing on a server, you will see my name, and what game i am playing, as well as the server, and once configured, with 1 button you can start 2142, log in, and join the server i am playing. it comes bundled with alot of games now, its pretty safe.
check it out: www.xfire.com

also, i was squad leader and talking to you, but you never responded. was your sound on last night?

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 30th, 2007, 01:11 PM
xfire is more then a IM client, with it, say im playing on a server, you will see my name, and what game i am playing, as well as the server, and once configured, with 1 button you can start 2142, log in, and join the server i am playing. it comes bundled with alot of games now, its pretty safe.
check it out: www.xfire.com

also, i was squad leader and talking to you, but you never responded. was your sound on last night?

Ok..i'll try it out and see how x-fire works...probably tonight, if I'm not "taking care of business" with my girlfriend. :)

I didn't get any voice from anyone at all. Sound was sounding...and that server had VOIP. Were you pressing "V" instead of "B"? B talks up to commander, V talks to squad. I found that out this past week.

Were you Charlie squad in Gibralter with the walker? A memorable incident was when I heard a jeep blast past with 2 enemy crew. I jumped out of command mode (but was standing next to an anti-vehicle gun)..turned the gun around and plopped the jeep..and the guy next to it...the other guy ran, I chased after him, and nailed him 95%, that's when I ran out of bullets in my clip...the battle walker was close by and he finished him off....that last runaway killed the EMP strike asset, where I repaired it as engineer. After that, the spawn raping began. :D

That was one of the cool moments as everyone was in sync...even me. :cool:

Hellbent
April 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, you made 112 pts last night in one game, but the problem with being commander is that you dont always get a team that follows orders or you get outranked and the commander is a moron.
Most of my 500+ point games are because i got a level 2 or 3 medal.
One day after you get your xfire set up we'll hook up, get on TS or vent and get some high scores =p

Exhaulted_Ruler
April 30th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, you made 112 pts last night in one game, but the problem with being commander is that you dont always get a team that follows orders or you get outranked and the commander is a moron.
Most of my 500+ point games are because i got a level 2 or 3 medal.
One day after you get your xfire set up we'll hook up, get on TS or vent and get some high scores =p

...it was actually my best round. ....and I agree about moron noob commanders...especially the a-holes that mutiny when you have a decisive lead and there are just a few tickets left. Makes you want to bit-ch slap them.:eek: