Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2142 - Who plays this?

Hey Folks,

Just a ping to see who on HT plays BF2142. My handle is "ExhaultedRuler", and I play on any server that has FF ON and focuses on teamplay.

Post your handle please and we can probably squad up on a server.

My current rank is here;
    http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1174438961

For those of you that don't know what BF2142 is...visit
    http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142
    http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Re: Battlefield 2142 - Who plays this?

I had it, but didn't know which server to join. And being pretty nub and out of practice, I was always a little leery in choosing a server.

If I ever re-install it, I'll keep ya in mind and maybe you can help break me in. I really think that assault type mode is novel.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFerret View Post
      I had it, but didn't know which server to join. And being pretty nub and out of practice, I was always a little leery in choosing a server.

If I ever re-install it, I'll keep ya in mind and maybe you can help break me in. I really think that assault type mode is novel.
      Well, I've been jumping on any available server. My first choices are easy maps like "Belgrade", "Cebere Landing", and "Fall of Berlin". I'm still learning the ropes, and strategies for these maps.

If you're a noob...best to practice with bots...because the guys online will rail you. This is my 4th week playing. The first 2 weeks, I've been practicing with bots on the lowest level. Even then, they are hard. At least they give you time to think. Once you get into the multi-game, you gotta do a full 360 and figure out who's around you.

It's quite an impressive game, and way better than Counter_Strike. At least the BF2142 population works towards teamplay and TKs are not as abundant in CS.

Anyway, here are a few servers that I play on...

bandofbrothers
      420killzone
      KOS

There are others, but it depends who has the better connection at the time. Since there is no Hawaii server, you gotta make a trip to the mainland, "sometimes" that is a problem. But still decent playability. If you're using Road Runner, that will work out best for you. DSL...cross your fingers.
      http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I used to play. Im [SiC] Hellbent, ranked lieutenant gold or something. Havent played since January.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          I used to play. Im [SiC] Hellbent, ranked lieutenant gold or something. Havent played since January.
          How come you're not playing?

Comment

bored. unlocked most of the unlocks. mostly i just jump into the chute on a titan and set c4 or claymore. i racked up most of my points this way. i played for 6 months or so. playing c&c3 now.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

bored. unlocked most of the unlocks. mostly i just jump into the chute on a titan and set c4 or claymore. i racked up most of my points this way. i played for 6 months or so. playing c&c3 now.
              OIC...well, I haven't destroyed a Titan yet...Still playing with ground fire. I get more satisfaction giving headshots...hmm..that didn't sound right...anyway, you know what I mean

Comment

I'm at home now and can link my score: Hellbent
                Warrant Officer Silver
                I've been playing BF since 1942.
                Did you learn how to fly yet?
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I'm at home now and can link my score: Hellbent
                  Warrant Officer Silver
                  I've been playing BF since 1942.
                  Did you learn how to fly yet?
                  I can get into a chopper but haven't landed one efficiently. So far, I just bail out at a drop site. There is a need to practice that.

Comment

a joystick helps. and practice. once you realize that choppers fly on a vertical column of air, it helps. (tilt forward and imagine the downward push of air pushing you forward and giving you height).
                    go to walmart and buy the logitech $20 joystick and leave the box in the cart (haha)
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

a joystick helps. and practice. once you realize that choppers fly on a vertical column of air, it helps. (tilt forward and imagine the downward push of air pushing you forward and giving you height).
                      go to walmart and buy the logitech $20 joystick and leave the box in the cart (haha)
                      I actually have a flightstick in storage..perhaps a good idea...I'll go try that out.

Comment

Hehe, never made it to BF 2 from BFV. BF1942 was imo the best, with BFV having been fun primarily b/c of clanning (was in Synergy: [SYN] Foxtrot). Is anyone watching for Forgotten Hope 2? I won't be playing it due to the aforementioned detail, but it does look awesome!
                        "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                        "But I can't even read good."
                        "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                        "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

I played battlefield 2 on the xbox 360, garbage glitchy game.

You can crash ANY SERVER you are playing on by doing the following:
                          (It will lag you, and everyone ELSE off the server, loosing all points!)

1. enter game on commie side (chinese) as a engineer
                          2. find a landmark you can find again easily (like your base!)
                          3. switch to rocket laucher, blow yourself up
                          4. enter game again as a chinese engineer
                          5. go to point 2 that you are supposed to remember
                          6. go to the kit/suitcase and shoot it ONCE with the shotgun
                          7. IMMEDIATLEY hit "y" to pick up suitcase and IMMEDIATELY shoot the dropping case/ground again....
                          8. repeat 7 over and over again until you lag out the server, usually takes LESS than 20 seconds

I have notified ea about this glitch, after having been a victim of this exploit aobut 100 times. They have done nothing to fix it. I make this public in an effort to FORCE ea to fix the glitch, because everyone will be doing it!

battlefield 2, glitch, hack, exploit
                          http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

Originally posted by islandguy View Post
                            I played battlefield 2 on the xbox 360, garbage glitchy game.

You can crash ANY SERVER you are playing on by doing the following:
                            (It will lag you, and everyone ELSE off the server, loosing all points!)

1. enter game on commie side (chinese) as a engineer
                            2. find a landmark you can find again easily (like your base!)
                            3. switch to rocket laucher, blow yourself up
                            4. enter game again as a chinese engineer
                            5. go to point 2 that you are supposed to remember
                            6. go to the kit/suitcase and shoot it ONCE with the shotgun
                            7. IMMEDIATLEY hit "y" to pick up suitcase and IMMEDIATELY shoot the dropping case/ground again....
                            8. repeat 7 over and over again until you lag out the server, usually takes LESS than 20 seconds

I have notified ea about this glitch, after having been a victim of this exploit aobut 100 times. They have done nothing to fix it. I make this public in an effort to FORCE ea to fix the glitch, because everyone will be doing it!

battlefield 2, glitch, hack, exploit
                            Xbox360? Hmmm...The computer has more control. Bummer on the hack.

Comment

damn. i tried to join a game yesterday, but my bf2142 kept crashing. reinstalled and repatched too.
                              i just bought a 8800... i wonder whats wrong....
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X