Easter Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Dinner

Well, what're y'all having this Sunday? For some reason, the wife and my Mom decided on........Mexican! Wife says the Mexicans celebrate Easter too. Couldn't argue there. Just wondering what it is exactly that they eat as "traditional" food. We're having enchiladas, Mex salad, Spanish rice, chili verde, red beanless chili, homemade chips and dip and homemade horchata. Thought I might toss in a "rustic" bread to help sop up some of the chili juices.

Re: Easter Dinner

Probably Ham. But maybe grilled cheese!
    Depends on how the painting goes!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Going over the in laws for ham. Irish grandma is cooking so chances are that it could be boiled.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Our whole OHANA will be going to Pacific Beach Hotel!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Our whole OHANA will be going to Pacific Beach Hotel!
          More specifically, whould that be the Sunday Seafood Brunch at the Oceanarium? Been there, done that... good stuff! Nothing like Belgian Waffles and Eggs Benedict, followed by Sashimi and Crab Legs at 10am. Yum!

Looks like we're doin' Prime Rib for Easter dinner.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

We're going to friends on Saturday for an early celebration. I'm not sure if we're having roast lamb (crosses fingers in hope) or ham (also good). Whatever is served it will be delicious as the hosts are exceptionally fine cooks. I'm thinking of baking up some hot cross buns. I'm also planning on making creamed peas with pearl onions, but only if I can find fresh English peas for the veggie dish, which means a trip to the Beretania Foodland.

Comment

Probably "Coca Cola" baked ham (because I don't feel like doing anything elaborate this year) with asparagus and hollandaise and either whipped sweet potatoes or Okinawan potatoes and for dessert, my newfound most favorite cheesecake of all (from the Star Bulletin), Japanese souffle cheesecake. I'm going to tinker with the recipe (the first one I made the other day was lemon flavored) and try to make a fresh strawberry one. And maybe I'll bake up a few loaves of Portuguese sweetbread on Friday so I can make haupia French toast Easter morning.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Slow Warmed Ham in the Smoker all day.
                Hawaiian Sweet Potato - boiled & mashed smooth, with butter, buttermilk, heavy cream, and salt & pepper
                Lemon Sauce Gravy
                Corn on the Cob (also done in the smoker, with tin foil, salt, olive oil, butter)
                Kitchen Sink Salad - basically everything you ever had in any salad, with noodles, seafood, and especially, chopped hearts of palm, along with the usual lettuce, onion, tomato, etc

Lemon-Meringue Pie
                Angel Food Cake

And LOTS of friggin eggs.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  More specifically, whould that be the Sunday Seafood Brunch at the Oceanarium?[...]
                  That's if it's still open...

True story...

My absolutely adorable, albeit very special needs, 8 year old nephew, his mom, his caretaker and I had lunch at the Pacific Beach Hotel just yesterday. Since it's so popular, esp. with the Japanese, the place was pretty full. Spencer, seated in his stroller style wheelchair, was busy putting a puzzle together, watching the sting rays and drinking his fruit punch when, out of the blue and still strapped in, he pushed himself up with his feet and squeezed off a winner of a...FART! Then he starts laughing his little okole off!!! Total belly laughter! He thought it out, which was the amazing part of the incident! Spencer's mom sat there, stunned, saying he'd never intentionally done that before. She's trying to explain to him the inappropriateness of his behavior. Caretaker and I are literally falling on the floor laughing which keeps Spenc laughing. We're trying not to so as not to encourage that behavior...but there was just no way we could keep a straight face! His mom's still wondering where the heck he learned the intent. I'm wondering if the restaurant survived and, if so, if I'll ever be allowed in the Oceanarium again!

I'm still laughing!

Comment

I was invited to a Baptism at St. Theresa's in Kalihi. It will be during Easter Sunday Mass.

I can't go---working the night before and I would never last through it.

So I will sleep through most of Easter Sunday. Have to wonder where I would have found parking at the church.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      That's if it's still open...

True story...

My absolutely adorable, albeit very special needs, 8 year old nephew, his mom, his caretaker and I had lunch at the Pacific Beach Hotel just yesterday. Since it's so popular, esp. with the Japanese, the place was pretty full. Spencer, seated in his stroller style wheelchair, was busy putting a puzzle together, watching the sting rays and drinking his fruit punch when, out of the blue and still strapped in, he pushed himself up with his feet and squeezed off a winner of a...FART! Then he starts laughing his little okole off!!! Total belly laughter! He thought it out, which was the amazing part of the incident! Spencer's mom sat there, stunned, saying he'd never intentionally done that before. She's trying to explain to him the inappropriateness of his behavior. Caretaker and I are literally falling on the floor laughing which keeps Spenc laughing. We're trying not to so as not to encourage that behavior...but there was just no way we could keep a straight face! His mom's still wondering where the heck he learned the intent. I'm wondering if the restaurant survived and, if so, if I'll ever be allowed in the Oceanarium again!

I'm still laughing!
                      Auntie Lynn, did you hear that? The Oceanarium may be closed on Easter Sunday due to fumigation sterilization.

So that's where all those bubbles in the aquarium come from.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Grilled salmon, grilled asparagus, grilled new potatoes, grilled shrimp. Tossed salad. Guest bringing desert. Champagne. Chocolate. Eggs.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

More specifically, whould that be the Sunday Seafood Brunch at the Oceanarium? Been there, done that... good stuff! Nothing like Belgian Waffles and Eggs Benedict, followed by Sashimi and Crab Legs at 10am. Yum!

Looks like we're doin' Prime Rib for Easter dinner.
                          Yes. It sure is. For Dinner ~ I dunno yet. Probably something light, easy and ROMANTIC.heheheh

Auntie Lynn, did you hear that? The Oceanarium may be closed on Easter Sunday due to fumigation sterilization.

So that's where all those bubbles in the aquarium come from.
                          Cute Story...they won't be closed. Too many reservations with odda kids waiting to let loose...Antonio! And he shouts FART!!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            [...]Cute Story...they won't be closed. Too many reservations with odda kids waiting to let loose...Antonio! And he shouts FART!!
                            As a forewarning or after the fact? Hopefully the former!!! And beware of all those bubbles in the aquarium! Oh dear, it took only 9 posts for this thread to morph from Easter dinner to farting kids. My apologies!

Back to basics here...
                            I'm having Easter brunch at the Hale Koa hotel with friends. No need for dinner after that!

Comment

We're going to try Salmon a la Scriv.

Comment

Working...
                              X