What y'all doing this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What y'all doing this summer?

Since I'm about to finish finals at Heald College this week, I'm able to relax for 3 weeks until my 3rd quarter starts (which is better than nothing).

My grandparents and uncle are enjoying their vacation in the Philippines, so I'm stuck watching the house.

My plans were to hit the beach, malls and whatever place TheBus takes me (I'll do it during the weekend).

What about you? What are you doing for the summer?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What y'all doing this summer?

Adri - enjoy "summer" while you can. There's no such thing for me anymore.

Comment

Normally summer is the season to fly model rockets which I did this past weekend, however I'm helping with a play called Endgame which opens the last week of July and runs all into August.

Comment

Working mostly.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Where is the best place to get away from the heat?

I'll try to catch the bus to Ice palace, but probably that place is packed w/ people. The beach will be packed also, so is the water park.

Where can a local person go to relax now?

Comment

You could watch a movie in a theater. It's air conditioned.

Comment

A movie theater costs money! (Then again, so does Ice Palace.) You can always do what seniors have known about for years... walk laps around Pearlridge, Windward, or Kahala Mall! Air conditioned, food, and lots to look at!

As for the original question, I'm with the rest of the working stiffs here: "Summer? What's summer?" Apart from being hot, I guess. Enjoy the break while you've got it, you young whippersnappers...

Though I will be taking two weeks off at the end of August, when our baby arrives!

Comment

And if you decide to walk around Ala Moana Shopping Center, avoid the lowest level, maiki, ewa side of the center. For some reason it is the hotest, stuffest section of the shopping center.

Comment

"And if you decide to walk around Ala Moana Shopping Center, avoid the lowest level, maiki, ewa side of the center"

My favorite WINTER spot! Definitely warmest place in the mall. In summer, even at six in the morning, drinking a wake-up cup of coffee from McD's, it's a place to sweat.

Comment

Since I've just retired I have a lot of time anyway but during the summer we trek to CA. and visit the Napa Valley wine area. My daughter lives just south of Napa in Vallejo. She just wrote that L&L just opened their second eatery in Vallejo so she's quite happy. She can eat locomoco, have kahlua pig on somedays and "local" type stew! It's going to be a really hot summer...put lots of lotion on when you guys are walking around, and always drink the watah!
                    Retired Senior Member

Comment

More hiking. A bunch of us are going to see the moonrise Friday night at Makapuu. The more the merrier!

Comment

I guess bumping a thread is safer than making a new thread.

Tomorrow I'll make my plans in the first post come true: I'm going to ice palace with my cousin and her friend (basically, I'll be baby sitting).

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          ...Though I will be taking two weeks off at the end of August, when our baby arrives!

Ryan! How many kids is this? Would this be number FOUR? You are such a LUV MACHINE!

Bless your wife's waddlin' little butt. (I've got two. I know that the butt can waddle when you're several months pregnant!)

@
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            [...] Though I will be taking two weeks off at the end of August, when our baby arrives!
                            <faint>
                            Huh?
                            What?
                            Did I miss a post...somewhere?

The Ozawas and my daughter tend to birth simultaneously. Nooooooo!!! I haven't heard any news from California! Am I in for a surprise? Time will tell!

Aim for August 28, 'kay?!

You're kidding, right? Will Katie finally get a sister? Good grief...I still haven't recovered from Katie's birth!

Comment

Heading off to LA on the 20th. Meeting up with 5 of my sorority sisters, staying the night at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena, then driving 2 hrs to Indian Wells (about 30 minutes away from Palm Springs). Attending a convention there at the Renaissance Esmeralda. Once convention's done, we're driving back to LA where we'll be staying with a friend at her loveshack in W. Hollywood.

In July I'll be heading off to Chicago for a few days. Details not set yet.

In August I hope to head off to Boston (depending on if I can get time off) for my 27th Birthday and a Red Sox game!

In the weekends in between I'll be shuttling around to different cousins' HS graduation parties. The stack of invitations I have on my counter is ridiculous.
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                              X