Malasadas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malasadas

Where do you get good ones? I had some at work and forgot to ask. I guess the person who brings them doesn't come around often. Help...I have horrible cravings!

Re: Malasadas

Leonard's on Oahu

the kiosk in front of Kmart and Kauai Bakery, if you're on Kauai.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Not as good as Leonards, but when you have to buy plenty: Kamehameha Bakery on School Street near Houghtailing.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Not as good as Leonards, but when you have to buy plenty: Kamehameha Bakery on School Street near Houghtailing.
        KB is one of the better alternatives to Leonard's. We've been trying different places out this side and decided to quit wasting our money. We'll just go down to the Leonard's wagon at Waikele.

Comment

Champion Malasada on Beretania st. was excellent the last time we ordered there, several months ago. Great quality control, quick and reasonable prices, plus other "breakfast pocket"-like delights.

I'm half Portuguese, but never had a real liking for Malasadas. Then again, I'm not much for pastries in general, let alone such a "sugary" thing that's been deep-fried.

Serve me a good pie and ice cream anyday!

The Malasada knock-off version using frozen Pillsbury dough is pretty good though. My sister used to make that every now and then. Deep fry and then shake 'em up in a paper bag with granulated sugar. Hits the spot.

How about a Malasada-encased Hot Dog though? Like the Andadog? Savory-sweet (heart-stopping) goodness.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

If you're into making your own, another reasonable substitute for malasadas is "Hawaiian style" andagi and they take less time because they don't use yeast in the recipe (they contain baking powder instead).

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              Champion Malasada on Beretania st. was excellent the last time we ordered there, several months ago. Great quality control, quick and reasonable prices, plus other "breakfast pocket"-like delights.

I'm half Portuguese, but never had a real liking for Malasadas. Then again, I'm not much for pastries in general, let alone such a "sugary" thing that's been deep-fried.

Serve me a good pie and ice cream anyday!

The Malasada knock-off version using frozen Pillsbury dough is pretty good though. My sister used to make that every now and then. Deep fry and then shake 'em up in a paper bag with granulated sugar. Hits the spot.

How about a Malasada-encased Hot Dog though? Like the Andadog? Savory-sweet (heart-stopping) goodness.

The guy who put Leonards on the map left and opened Champion Bakery. Champion Bakery moved from it's North King Street location to it's present location in McCully.

But if you want simply the best malasada's, wait for KSBE's Hoolaulea and check out the KSBE Band Booster Club's Malasada's booth. Traditionally it's been the best with people lining up even before the Hoolaulea begins.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X