• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From CA

new and Just wanted to say hi to all
    California Information - places to visit and Things To Do in California

Re: Hello From CA

Welcome kthor! Dive in. Hey, we're goin' to town on Don Imus. Chime on in!

Comment

I'm a new member as well. I'm from Orange Co., CA (15 min. away from Disneyland). I've been to Hawai'i too many times to count - mostly SCUBA trips (when I was teaching - PADI)

My side-line & passion is karate (Japanese) & I hope to continue teaching after I move to the Hilo area. I've trained & taught (as a guest) @ a dojo in Kona - good students & great instructor.

I'm going back May 18th to scout out real estate. I'm glad I found this site. Every one seems friendly & informative. I'll be back...

Comment

Originally posted by hedkikr View Post
        I'm a new member as well. I'm from Orange Co., CA (15 min. away from Disneyland).[...]I'm glad I found this site. Every one seems friendly & informative. I'll be back...
        Welcome, hedkikr. Hedkikr?

First, we're a bit whacky. Make that a lot whacky. A distant 2nd and 3rd are friendly and informative, in that order!

You, too, dive right in. The Imus thread is slowing down so, currently, Timkona has his head on the chopping block in the thread, "Why Is Land So Expensive on Kauai?". Chime in! Orange County was mentioned! In reality, Tim's a nice guy but he gives and takes a lot of heat in here!

BTW...I'm originally from Orange County...30-40 min. south of DLand. My daughter lives in Irvine. Strong ties to the OC but have lived in Hawaii almost half of my life. Wouldn't go back for anything!

Comment

Aloha and Welcome! I think you will like it here because we are like family. Keep on posting!
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
            Aloha and Welcome! I think you will like it here because we are like family. Keep on posting!
            Yes, warts and all (Welcome to HT)

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

hi there! I lived in Hawaii from '92 to '04. Now I live in Sun City, California, not too far from Disneyland. I am currently finishing my master's degree from Chaminade online, and plan to move back to the island some day. I brought my chihuahua back with me too!

Comment

Tutusue...my next door neighbor is kamaaina (we all call her Tutu). Unfortunately she's back in Oahu attending her brother's funeral.

I have a good friend (we went through SCUBA Instructor's school together) who retired just outside of Pahoa. Chuck & his wife, Char are wonderful people - also kamaaina. He's proclaimed that I'm "honorary kamaaina" - no certificate so you'll just have to take my word on that.

Don't let the name scare you. Most martial artists I know are really peaceful @ heart...unless - just kidding.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'll be back...(we say that a lot around here in California)

Comment

Originally posted by hedkikr View Post
                  [...]Don't let the name scare you. Most martial artists I know are really peaceful @ heart...unless - just kidding.[...]
                  Nah...no pilikia! I know a local (former) super brawler. He's a single dad raising his 3 young daughters. There's something terribly incongruous about that!

Comment

Hi, I'm new too... my family has been to hawaii back and fourth Several times sometimes Maui, sometimes Kauai but Mostly Oahu. My husband grew up near Ewa Beach and has family there as well... and well .. how do I put this...
                    I love Hawaii... My heart, My soul... my entire being -longs to live there... but because of our jobs, and Kiddies we can't.. at least for now.. But I promised myself.. as soon as I can.. i'll be going there.. with or without him... lol.

I try to keep the aloha spirit alive here in California, by keeping all my kids in hula dancing.. being active with all Hawaiian activities that happen in the Bay Area.. I live in Vallejo about 30 minutes away from San Francisco.. you'd be amazed how many Islanders we have out here... but still no other place can top the 808. My kids are part of Hui Tama Nui.. My son will be starting next month..

Besides the beaches, and people- there are 2 things I miss ALOT
                    1. ONO's - oh man... their LAU LAU is the BEST.. ummm
                    2. Warm nights driving up the coast to North shore, and hearing the waves..

wow it took a while for me to start posting.. so now i'm here and I just wanted to say Aloha, and soo very nice to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by XtCwVz707 View Post
                      Hi, I'm new too... my family has been to hawaii back and fourth Several times sometimes Maui, sometimes Kauai but Mostly Oahu. My husband grew up near Ewa Beach and has family there as well... and well .. how do I put this...
                      I love Hawaii... My heart, My soul... my entire being -longs to live there... but because of our jobs, and Kiddies we can't.. at least for now.. But I promised myself.. as soon as I can.. i'll be going there.. with or without him... lol.

I try to keep the aloha spirit alive here in California, by keeping all my kids in hula dancing.. being active with all Hawaiian activities that happen in the Bay Area.. I live in Vallejo about 30 minutes away from San Francisco.. you'd be amazed how many Islanders we have out here... but still no other place can top the 808. My kids are part of Hui Tama Nui.. My son will be starting next month..

Besides the beaches, and people- there are 2 things I miss ALOT
                      1. ONO's - oh man... their LAU LAU is the BEST.. ummm
                      2. Warm nights driving up the coast to North shore, and hearing the waves..

wow it took a while for me to start posting.. so now i'm here and I just wanted to say Aloha, and soo very nice to meet you.
                      Nice to meet you ~ the common thread of this site is that people really have a profound love for Hawaii. My husband works at SF airport with LOTS of island boys all from Vallejo, he's from Jamaica and they all love him. They are mostly Samoan and Fijian ~ some Hawiian very cool people, we love to party with them!!!
                      "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
                        Nice to meet you ~ the common thread of this site is that people really have a profound love for Hawaii. My husband works at SF airport with LOTS of island boys all from Vallejo, he's from Jamaica and they all love him. They are mostly Samoan and Fijian ~ some Hawiian very cool people, we love to party with them!!!
                        Wow- Small world and I bet anything I probably know at least one of the island boys from Vallejo.. Vallejo is like a big Small city. So pretty much everyone knows everyone.

Nice to meet you too!

Comment

Working...
                        X