Farewell, Kurt Vonnegut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell, Kurt Vonnegut

And thanks for the ride! It was a long and glorious journey. Hope you and Ken Kesey have fun wherever you are, taking that next ride to somewhere...

Story

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Farewell, Kurt Vonnegut

What is the Ken Kesey connection? please.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Last edited by Leo Lakio; April 12, 2007, 08:09 AM. Reason: Miulang tells it better.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        What is the Ken Kesey connection? please.
        They were part of a group of writers (along with the likes of Hunter Thompson, Tim Leary and Tom Wolfe) who wrote in a peculiar stream of consciousness style that was popular in the 1960s (along with acid rock). And yes, both are daid.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks, I know about Ken Kesey he is local to Eugene where I live.
          They celebrate him and have parks in his honor etc...
          But I did not know about the others.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

And so it goes.

Comment

Player Piano and Slaughterhouse Five are my faves of his ....RIP
              Sad thing is more people will be talking about Anna Nicole than Kurt Vonnegut.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

I grew up with Kurt Vonnegut (his books, not the acutal man) during the 60s and 70s. I loved his iconoclastic temperament and style. I think I'll re-read some of his novels in remembrance. Maybe Slaughterhouse Five or Cat's Cradle.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                  They were part of a group of writers (along with the likes of Hunter Thompson, Tim Leary and Tom Wolfe) who wrote in a peculiar stream of consciousness style that was popular in the 1960s (along with acid rock). And yes, both are daid.

Miulang
                  Give thanks for The Electric Cool Aid Acid Test ~ Greatfull Dead ~ The Merry Pranksters ~ Hunter Thompson and of course Mr. Vonnegut
                  "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

I can respect his place in the pantheon of influential American writers, but I have to confess that his works never resonated with me - and I read several of them at three distinctly different points in my life. Nonetheless, au revoir.

Comment

One of the nicest tributes I heard yesterday was at the end of Stephen Colbert's intro. "Welcome to the Monkeyhouse...this is the Colbert Report!"
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                      X