Pigging Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigging Out

Our neighbor Kalua (yes, that's his name) is growing up to be a mighty fine pig, but that's another story.

What we're talking about here is you or someone you know and those fond, and sometimes not so fond "pigging out" stories. When you eat WAY MORE than you're supposed to in one sitting.

Brings to mind the famous Nathan's hot dog eating contest.

Actually, this comes up because late last night, I'll publicly admit, guilty as charged, that I downed an entire half-gallon tub of Blue Bunny Turtle Sundae ice cream. And you know what? IT FELT GOOD! Damned good. Not a hint of after-pigging-out sickness. I just brushed my teeth and went to bed, adrift in ice cream la-la land. Ahh... the whole tub. Pure bliss.

Oink Oink
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Pigging Out

What great photos! I know someone who is the ultimate "trencher person". No matter the occasion, the cuisine or the time of day, he will finish everything (literally) on the table. It's a thing of beauty to watch him polish off the last bits of whatever might be remaining on any plate at the table (even some on adjoining tables!) with great gusto.

I bow in respect to those who can go the extra mile and not get sick. Kudos Pomai!

Comment

heheheh...

I'm guilty!

I had a lovely early dinner with my daughters, grandchildren and MAMA today in Waipahuuuuu at Max's. We ordered several delicious Pilipino Foods. I couldn't stop eating. I was deeply concentrating on dee Crispy Pata (Deep Fried Pig's Feet) going 2/80 on the knuckles. Christy looked at me and screamed "Mom! dat's GLUTTONY!! Put it down!

I shamefully did.

I then realized I do have a problem with eating.

I LOVE FOOD ~ and I can't stop EATING even when I'm FULL!

Yes......I have to stop PIGGING OUT! NOT!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Ai, no can awready. Getting too old and got too many health issues.
        Used to be could finish 6 entrees at the old Hong Kung restaurant or hit the buffet line at Flamingo Chuckwagon at least 4 times. One dozen malasadas wuz easy. 1/2 dozen char siu bow, 6 pork hash, 6 half moon, no problem. A dozen large, charbroiled beef back pulehu ribs and rice, oh man! Now can barely finish one order of anything at Maile and oni waste money at any buffet. Good ting I going be eligible for senior discount pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
          [...]No matter the occasion, the cuisine or the time of day, he will finish everything (literally) on the table.[...]
          This was me...toddler years...when my parents had poker parties. I'd wake up early in the morning and toddle out to the kitchen, alone, where I'd find all the as yet unwashed martini glasses...empty to almost full. The epitome of a fast food breakfast! Today that would be considered child neglect. Then? Nobody knew! I had no idea I was doing anything wrong! I'd go back to sleep and wake-up when my parents did. One time they caught me. That was the end of it!!! I haven't had a martini since!

Comment

Some people "eat to live." Healthy, but "no fun."

The rest of us "LIVE TO EAT."

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post

Someone who worked with us a while back literally "ate to live". Saimin that is. That's all he ate for lunch. Plain, cheap, non-doctored, non-noteworthy Saimin. That's me too, sometimes. Sustenance.

Other than the occasional ice cream tub-gorging marathon, lately my "pigging out" guilt has been eating entire containers of Tic Tac mints. The white ones. I can't eat just one. I eat the whole container on my way home from work. My breath eventually smells better than I think it does.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Not to often I do these day, but after a night of heavy drinking and debauchery, there is nothing finer then a big ol bacon cheese burger, with onion rings, and a malted milkshake, imo.

I do tend to over indulge when we go to dim-sum. Everything is just too good and I start thinking, Ahhh hell, it's just a little this or that, and then I end up waddling out the door.

I used to could eat all day, now it would just put me to sleep...
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

My problem is I'm great when it comes to portion size normally, until I eat pizza. I always eat too much and by the time I realize I should stop it's usually too late, I feel ill. Then I make all sorts of fake promises to myself that I will never eat pizza again because how it makes me feel.

I now limit my pizza consumption to about once every other month. My new technique will be to eat a salad first and fill myself up on that to the point where I know that I can only possibly eat one piece of pizza.

Otherwise I'm pretty good about pigging out. Used to be baaaaaaaad when it came to plate lunches but now if I have one I portion it. It ends up being three meals.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I named our boy pig Denise, after my ex MIL. That pig was easy to kill.
                    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                      Not to often I do these day, but after a night of heavy drinking and debauchery, there is nothing finer then a big ol bacon cheese burger, with onion rings, and a malted milkshake, imo.
                      More than several years ago my friend calls me up at 3 in the morning, needing a place to place to sleep off his night of partying in Waiks. He arrives at the door with several (not just one) sacks of Jack in the Box food from the location that used to be open 24 hours on the corner of Kalakaua and McCully street. He then proceeds to down FIFTEEN 99 cent Jumbo Jacks (I counted while talking to him) and 2 large Curly Fries before my eyes. It was amazing.

I've also been guilty of eating about half a box of cereal and milk. By the time I'm done, I've read every side of the box at least 4 times.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

oh man I am waaaaay too old for this thread!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post

Assuming the "rest of us" you're referring to are under 30.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            Assuming the "rest of us" you're referring to are under 30.
                            Not necessarily. But, they have the metabolism to "burn" stuff off that we, the more "mature" ones, now lack.

Comment

Years and years ago, when I was about five or six, I remember a Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandfather's house. It was a large extended family gathering. There were two or three turkeys on the table. It was also the first time I realized that Thanksgiving was a "pig-out" tradition. So I pigged out. I kept eating and eating until I could eat no more. I felt sick. I looked up and saw one of my uncles staring at me. He finally said to me: "I can't believe you ate a whole turkey."

I had no idea. I wasn't aware of what or how much I was eating. I was just eating ... until I could eat no longer. I really doubt that I ate a whole turkey, but it sure felt like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X