Special Education in Hilo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Education in Hilo

I'm planning to move to the Hilo area in a couple of years & my son has Down Syndrom. He's 9 & attending special classes in a regular school now & doing well. I'd like to know if anyone has any info about Special Education ( tried to find it on official/government websites but got nuttin').

Thanks in advance.

Re: Special Education in Hilo

I would find the Hilo office of Easter Seals and start there.

pax

Comment

You can try contacting this organization. I'm sure they could tell you what resources exist on the Big Island. Here's the information you need, directly from the Dept. of Education.

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; April 15, 2007, 05:36 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Send him to Waikea Waina Elementary school in Hilo. One of my good friends is a special ed teacher there (Adrian Iida) and he is so patient with SPED kids.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Miulang...thanks for the sites.

BTW: My son, Mikey played in his 3rd T-ball game today. He scored once & didn't lay down in the outfield at all!

Comment

Choooooo hooooo for Big Mikey!

Comment

Originally posted by hedkikr View Post
              [...] BTW: My son, Mikey played in his 3rd T-ball game today. He scored once & didn't lay down in the outfield at all!
              Big hugs and a high 5 to Mikey, hedkiker. I have an 8 year old, special needs nephew who attends this school not far from you. I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for on the BI.

Comment

Working...
              X